Author Topic: AoM+Friends vs The Damned 5v5  (Read 8342 times)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
Re: AoM+Friends vs The Damned 5v5
« Reply #120 on: August 13, 2014, 02:02:16 PM »
This thread is loaded with bruised egos and people with a chip on the shoulder. Can we possibly act civil so when the new graphics come out we don't scare new players away?

^^^^ I think people should read and take Damned Crow's advice !

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: August 13, 2014, 02:07:01 PM »
Can we possibly act civil so when the new graphics come out we don't scare new players away?
Well... i am trying.  :salute
AoM
City of ice

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: August 13, 2014, 02:11:10 PM »

^^^^ I think people should read and take Damned Crow's advice !

I was both in the Damned and the Muppets. You could say I have a unique perspective on this discussion.  :aok
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: August 13, 2014, 02:14:54 PM »
I disagree. A little competition with some smack talk afterwards is what this game needs. God forbid it go back to being wallflower paradise.

Competition, sure.  Adolescent chest thumping, not so much.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #124 on: August 13, 2014, 02:24:12 PM »
Competition, sure.  Adolescent chest thumping, not so much.

Wiley.

:old:
Top Gun

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: August 13, 2014, 02:27:01 PM »
I was both in the Damned and the Muppets. You could say I have a unique perspective on this discussion.  :aok

yes, yes you do...... you know, a heck of a lot more than others.... just makes a stronger post of your's that I quoted, really

<S>

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2014, 07:41:28 PM »
Not sure, why you think this is about insults, I'm not insulted at all, rofl.  If you need to ask anyone else to affirm to me if you mince words or not is your choice.

Weak hypothesis? Let's see..

You state the first match was epic because we got beat in a 4v1. Which is a pretty passive aggressive way of trying to marginalize our performance in that match.

My 'hypothesis' states that it wasn't a 4v1 at all and I present evidence to the contrary in the form of a video.

A hypothesis + irrefutable evidence = fact, no?

You can't bring yourself to simply say that you are wrong.

Instead you try to save face by trolling and completely disregarding addressing the film that proves you wrong.

I realize that this exercise is inconsequential to the end result of the match, but the opportunity to expose you as a troll/liar was too juicy  to pass up, it only took a little common sense,Fraps, Sony Vegas, 15 minutes of my time. Well worth it.

=S=

Ahh the silence is beautiful. Moving along nothing more to see here...

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2014, 08:12:12 PM »
Ahh the silence is beautiful. Moving along nothing more to see here...

This ain't over till the fat lady singing.  :old:
Top Gun

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2014, 10:06:36 PM »

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2014, 11:17:14 PM »
SDL died. Deal with it. ;)

We're doing this our way now.

talk about arrogance, you can do it anyway you want to but it sounds to me like your ego is too much for Aces high as it is. you trying to prove something you made your point your an ass.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2014, 11:22:41 PM »
Seems that we have been invaded by the Damned, like it or not, it's the latter of the two for me, but now we have to deal with it. They want to make everything their own, as many other squads do. I my disagree with the way they fly, as do many others, but we have to deal with them now. They reflect the way many new players fly now. Just my $.02.
   EDIT: Not looking to start a fight here, just stating my opinion, Skyyr and friends have had their chance to do so, figured I would put my opinion out there.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:25:03 PM by Coalcat1 »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2014, 11:52:43 PM »
Seems that we have been invaded by the Damned, like it or not, it's the latter of the two for me, but now we have to deal with it. They want to make everything their own, as many other squads do. I my disagree with the way they fly, as do many others, but we have to deal with them now. They reflect the way many new players fly now. Just my $.02.
   EDIT: Not looking to start a fight here, just stating my opinion, Skyyr and friends have had their chance to do so, figured I would put my opinion out there.

Coalcat1, skyyr and friends may have had their say, but I definitely haven't had mine yet! and I am the Top Lobster! let them be, they will rise.......

TC
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:56:27 PM by TequilaChaser »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2014, 11:57:56 PM »
btw! you haven't been invaded by anyone, the Damned was here long before most of y'all.......

seriously...

TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: August 14, 2014, 12:00:10 AM »
anyone care to go flame throwing with a "Damned" drunk who is over 1/2 way through a 1/2 gal. of scotch?

I am seriously about tired of all the BS flung toward my squad, so lets get it over with!  anyone game?

TC

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: August 14, 2014, 12:03:02 AM »
YES, I am casting a Hook with stinky bait!   care to snatch on?

TC