Author Topic: AoM+Friends vs The Damned 5v5  (Read 8409 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: AoM+Friends vs The Damned 5v5
« Reply #75 on: August 13, 2014, 10:50:56 AM »

Again, I repeat, JB11 flew it masterfully and he deserves ask the props in the world.

It wasnt a 4v1 though..

Classy comment.   But also a backhanded insult?

Not sure why this had to devolve into a battle of egos.   Seems like everyone had fun. That's the point, no?
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: August 13, 2014, 10:52:10 AM »
I've looked really hard but I am absolutely unable to find a point in all of this.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #77 on: August 13, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »

Not sure why this had to devolve into a battle of egos.   

Really? You really couldn't see this coming?   :D
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #78 on: August 13, 2014, 10:55:41 AM »
I've looked really hard but I am absolutely unable to find a point in all of this.

"My skwad iz the bestest. "   Pointless chest thumping that never accomplishes anything.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: August 13, 2014, 10:58:17 AM »
Classy comment.   But also a backhanded insult?

Not sure why this had to devolve into a battle of egos.   Seems like everyone had fun. That's the point, no?

I don't step on egg shells if I want to insult someone I will do so directly, it was an honest comment.

I had a blast, I am proud of my squaddies, but I don't particularly appreciate someone, anyone, trying to marginalize what we did, even if it was a loss overall. It was well fought.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2014, 10:58:43 AM »
So...I read page one and queued up Kumbayah to play as a background music while I read the rest...

*music fades in background
AMAX  in game

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2014, 10:59:35 AM »
So...I read page one and queued up Kumbayah to play as a background music while I read the rest...

*music fades in background

Rofl, I can make a video of that too!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: August 13, 2014, 10:59:40 AM »
I don't step on egg shells if I want to insult someone I will do so directly, it was an honest comment.

I had a blast, I am proud of my squaddies, but I don't particularly appreciate someone, anyone, trying to marginalize what we did, even if it was a loss overall. It was well fought.

Fair enough.  
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 13, 2014, 11:00:18 AM »
I called for it  :D

You guys are supposed to fight on the forums, not in the arenas  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #84 on: August 13, 2014, 11:01:51 AM »
You realize that even if you don't want to look at it other people can right? Rofl, I'm not talking about epic, I'm talking about you hyping it up and lying through you teeth about it, yet there it is.

There are no excuses, you just want everyone to think that it was epic that we some how got owned by 1, when it was a close fight and the score was 4-3 in the end. You want to make it seem like we were so bad that 1 pilot(which wasn't even you) fought 4 of us at the same time, which again wasn't even close to being the case.

The video proves you wrong, there's nothing to can do about it, you don't have to watch it, but whomever wants to see the truth can.

Again, I repeat, JB11 flew it masterfully and he deserves ask the props in the world.

It wasnt a 4v1 though..

http://youtu.be/E8tAZJsPDdQ

Edit: rofl the vid is 7 mintues long at 1:25 seconds, both teams were down to 3 players each..epic 4v1 amirite?

The community knows the difference between 1 surviving against 4 and 5 helping 1 kill 4.  I don't need to look, I was there.   They also know the difference between winning and losing, with hubris and humility.  Everything else is just rationalizing which they see as well.

On the bright side, you'll get a lot more opportunities and we'll cut you some slack by asking our superb ringer, JB11, to step aside.  He prolly won't want to but he will cuz he's a great guy.  The next scheduled event of 5 on 5 will be just Muppets.  That would be ok right? Lol
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #85 on: August 13, 2014, 11:04:06 AM »
Correct, numbers do not lie. We lost to a few awesome pickup players and two AoMs. It's a team effort and this will not be the only match we plan on having. We plan on having many more in the future.

Speaking of just two AoM's, you up for that 2v2 anytime soon? Like say, tonight?

So how does losing to a pickup team make you feel? 

Read up a little.  Lest you look uninformed.   :)
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: August 13, 2014, 11:10:51 AM »
Fellers... lets bring this back to a positive vibe. :D

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #87 on: August 13, 2014, 11:11:46 AM »
So how does losing to a pickup team make you feel?  

Read up a little.  Lest you look uninformed.   :)

How does it make me "feel"? What is this, Dr. Phil hour? How would a winning or losing a game cause anyone to "feel" a certain way, outside of the camaraderie of teamwork? It doesn't make me "feel" any way. With a question like that, I'd have to ask you - do you seriously attach emotions to a video game?

The fights were awesome fights and very challenging. In fact, it was clear that the pickup players, specifically JB11, were the linchpin of tournament. If it was up to me, I'd nominate JB11 as MVP. The event as a whole brought in some competitive gameplay that this game is sorely lacking.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:14:43 AM by Skyyr »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 28-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: August 13, 2014, 11:13:02 AM »
Fellers... lets bring this back to a positive vibe. :D

Hippy
AMAX  in game

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: August 13, 2014, 11:13:22 AM »
The community knows the difference between 1 surviving against 4 and 5 helping 1 kill 4.  I don't need to look, I was there.   They also know the difference between winning and losing, with hubris and humility.  Everything else is just rationalizing which they see as well.

On the bright side, you'll get a lot more opportunities and we'll cut you some slack by asking our superb ringer, JB11, to step aside.  He prolly won't want to but he will cuz he's a great guy.  The next scheduled event of 5 on 5 will be just Muppets.  That would be ok right? Lol

The community also has eyes rofl. You keep saying 4v1 like you actually believe it lolol.

Maybe, you don't want to look: your claim is 4v1, to make us look bad, hubris and humility huh?

One more time: http://youtu.be/E8tAZJsPDdQ

Foot meet mouth.

Quit trying to divert attention away from your fallacy , you were wrong, man up just admit it :)

They were good fights.

Looking forward to many more matches to come, with you guys or anyone else for that matter.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 11:20:14 AM by Kruel »