Author Topic: Hit Spikes and Engine Sounds  (Read 7472 times)

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Re: Hit Spikes and Engine Sounds
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2014, 05:01:44 PM »
You just proved my point olds. You can get the same list by searching for "HDMI audio causing BSOD."

People tend to buy computers off the shelf of their local Walmart, Best Buy, Office Depot, etc. and do not understand how to work on them. They will hire the kids across the street to add a hard drive, or audio card. Most standard PSUs are designed to work with one setup, and adding an extra *anything* will go over the PSUs maximum rating. So, they add a hard drive. Their game runs sluggish and people tell them they need more video horsepower, so they add a bigger video card. Now the PSU is seriously strained and even the CPU is running hot because the PSU is dropping voltage to the cooling fans. So, they add another cooling fan and meltdown occurs.

Anyway, as to Skuzzy's point. If you add a sound card to your system. . . you will need to disable the video card audio in device manager. Otherwise you will have problems of one type or another.

All results there say nothing about audio but HDMI in general, so you're saying the HDMI is bad and no one should use it for anything?
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2014, 08:15:10 PM »
No, what I am saying is you can get BSOD from many different things and what you decide is the problem may not be the problem. In other words you got the result you wanted.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2014, 09:02:48 PM »
No, what I am saying is you can get BSOD from many different things and what you decide is the problem may not be the problem. In other words you got the result you wanted.
And what I'm saying is you can isolate it.

IF:

*Many people have the same issue
*The system is 100% stable before hand
*Other factors have been ruled out

THEN:

*Its the sound card

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2014, 11:59:39 PM »
Olds, there are a lot of open ended statements embedded in your "other factors."
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2014, 05:59:42 AM »
Olds, there are a lot of open ended statements embedded in your "other factors."

So chalenge in your world its impossible to see what is causing a system to crash and one should just always buy a new hardware in hopes of it will fix the issue?  :headscratch:

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2014, 08:51:53 AM »
That is an absolutely brilliant assessment of what I have reported olds.