Author Topic: PC help  (Read 1943 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: PC help
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2014, 01:01:16 PM »
Can you run other games?

If yes and it's an old AH installation try renaming the settings folder to "old settings".

Your DXdiag shows your monitor as 1600x1200 max res which is not a widescreen aspect ratio.
You may want to reinstall your video drivers.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2014, 01:02:58 PM »
No , it well not run any game .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2014, 01:04:15 PM »
I can still hear the game after it goes black screen but with popping going on .

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #18 on: August 15, 2014, 01:11:16 PM »
Try Bizman's link. Make sure you have the correct drivers for your video card.

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2014, 01:15:52 PM »
Ok FLS . Just got it downloaded . wish me luck

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2014, 01:43:25 PM »
No joy . Doing the same thing . Black screen .

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2014, 01:51:02 PM »
Have you tried manually setting the refresh rate to 60, in Windows?  DirectX should honor that.  By default it is set to automatically detect it, which it does not appear to be doing.

Right-click on the Windows desktop, select "Screen Resolution", then click "Advanced Settings".  Select the "Monitor" tab.  You should be able to manually set the resolution there.

What type of cable are you using to connect the monitor to the computer?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 01:53:03 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »
After updating the drivers, did you try to set the refresh rate to 60?

Another attempt would be to first uninstall all of the nVidia drivers through Control Panel->Add/remove Programs, reboot and reinstall the latest ones. If still no avail, using some driver cleaner to really get rid of any old drivers might do the trick.

And as Skuzzy asked, cables... Are they well seated, does twisting them change anything, have you removed them lately and accidentally twisted a pin while replugging?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 01:58:50 PM »
Have you tried manually setting the refresh rate to 60, in Windows?  DirectX should honor that.  By default it is set to automatically detect it, which it does not appear to be doing.

Right-click on the Windows desktop, select "Screen Resolution", then click "Advanced Settings".  Select the "Monitor" tab.  You should be able to manually set the resolution there.

What type of cable are you using to connect the monitor to the computer?

It well not let me Skuzzy . Not sure about the cable . This system has run before . Fan quit on the video card and I had to replace it . Then I cleaned up the hard drive to get all the crap off I had on it .

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 02:00:33 PM »
After updating the drivers, did you try to set the refresh rate to 60?

Another attempt would be to first uninstall all of the nVidia drivers through Control Panel->Add/remove Programs, reboot and reinstall the latest ones. If still no avail, using some driver cleaner to really get rid of any old drivers might do the trick.

And as Skuzzy asked, cables... Are they well seated, does twisting them change anything, have you removed them lately and accidentally twisted a pin while replugging?

yes I tried but have not used a driver cleaner .

EDIT: All cables look good .

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 02:19:05 PM »
Ok , I manage to run the refresh rate to 60 from the NVDIA Panel and it's a black screen .

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2014, 02:37:59 PM »
It well not let me Skuzzy . Not sure about the cable . This system has run before . Fan quit on the video card and I had to replace it . Then I cleaned up the hard drive to get all the crap off I had on it .

What do you mean, "it will not let me"?  Is the drop down list not available at the panel?

If so, that means Windows has no idea what type of monitor is connected to the computer.  Have you tried going to the monitor manufacturer's WEB site and see if they have an INF (driver file for the monitor) driver for the monitor?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2014, 02:44:18 PM »
What do you mean, "it will not let me"?  Is the drop down list not available at the panel?

If so, that means Windows has no idea what type of monitor is connected to the computer.  Have you tried going to the monitor manufacturer's WEB site and see if they have an INF (driver file for the monitor) driver for the monitor?
Skuzzy I manage to set it through the NVDIA control panel but when I do it goes to black screen .
I well try going to the monitor manufacturer's web site . This is just crazy when it well run every thing else fine but just no games . I'm starting to think it's the video card . Becouse when the fan quit on it it , it run hot before I replaced the fan .
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 02:46:46 PM by Flench »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2014, 02:46:51 PM »
Skuzzy I manage to set it through the NVDIA control panel but when I do it goes to black screen .
I well try going to the monitor manufacturer's web site . This is just crazy when it well run every thing else fine but just no games . I'm starting to think it's the video card . Becouse when the fan quit on it it run hot before I replaced the fan .

Just because it is set in the NVidia control panel does not mean it is set in DirectX.  Run DXDIAG again and see if the refresh rate has changed to 60Hz.

It very well could be the video card is having a problem.  There are two distinct modes for video cards.  Windows desktop and 3D.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2014, 02:50:26 PM »
Just because it is set in the NVidia control panel does not mean it is set in DirectX.  Run DXDIAG again and see if the refresh rate has changed to 60Hz.

It very well could be the video card is having a problem.  There are two distinct modes for video cards.  Windows desktop and 3D.

I see . No it has not changed .