Author Topic: Knights CV  (Read 1579 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Knights CV
« on: August 23, 2014, 11:41:50 AM »
Anyone who loses more than 4 CVs should be banned from taking control if them for 1 tour

They are usually AFK when they take control
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Knights CV
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2014, 12:15:18 PM »
Anyone who loses more than 4 CVs should be banned from taking control if them for 1 tour

eventually everybody would be banned.  sinking a cv is not really that hard.  I always try it from 6k or less.  you can turn it anyway you want.  only way I am gonna miss it is if I dont calibrate properly or you have a really good gunner on the 5in.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2014, 01:39:10 PM »
eventually everybody would be banned.  sinking a cv is not really that hard.  I always try it from 6k or less.  you can turn it anyway you want.  only way I am gonna miss it is if I dont calibrate properly or you have a really good gunner on the 5in.

semp

:D

I think there should be either a time limit to how long someone can be in control of the cv. Or a 'banishment' of some sort.  If you are banned after losing 4 cvs for an hour, you only have to wait 30 mins, tops. And that is only if you have 4 enemy bombers right there when you happen to be in control of the cv at that time. Meaning, only those with the intent of getting the cv killed (or the ocassional poor sucker who happens to have 4 cvs under his domain and they all get sunk) get punished and only have to wait 30-60 minutes before they can do it again.

+1
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2014, 01:55:16 PM »
Just as military generals have been fired for their defeats in RL, it would be just fine if they were to be in here.

+1
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2014, 02:54:10 PM »
Just as military generals have been fired for their defeats in RL, it would be just fine if they were to be in here.

+1

in that case let's make it fair.   Once you lose 4 airplanes in combat you very kicked out for 1 hr.

semp

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2014, 03:45:49 PM »

How exactly do they take control if they're afk?
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2014, 04:37:24 PM »
In ww2 PTO, there was a heavy bomber group that sank ships level bombing from 7k.

If the AFK player has a higher rank than anyone trying to boot him. CV sunk.

We loose CV under our noses because the same energizer bunny in a fighter keeps suicideing to lay bombs and rockets into the CV every sortie over a short period of time. Adds up, especially when a lone bomber box runs by and gets a partial stick in finishing the job.

Knights do a generally poor job of defending their CV's, positioning their CV's, and targeting the enemy cruiser first, or bombing down the shore batteries. Most knights associated to a CV just want to get in the air, get off their ord and vulch. Sometimes they luck out and get some brilliant gunners in the 5inch. I'm still waiting for that brilliance to move to the 8inch sea mode yellow hash ladder and the 3 salvos needed to kill the enemy cruiser first. The enemy CV cannot sink your cruiser with three salvos. But, it's cruiser sure blipping darned can.

Knight land has many more problems with CV than some afk dork sitting on his throne reading a playboy.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2014, 04:51:20 PM »
It is a Knight tradition to sail our fleets into shore batteries, enemy PT spawns and near enemy fields that have ordnance available.  :aok   :lol 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2014, 05:30:38 PM »
in that case let's make it fair.   Once you lose 4 airplanes in combat you very kicked out for 1 hr.

semp

Generals not the average pilot.....and I was saying that in reference to a major defeat not the average pilot in control of one aircraft..

Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2014, 05:55:12 PM »
ban Tinkles and Smoker from the manned guns  :bolt:

get in a  :airplane:
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2014, 06:25:05 PM »

Smoker82 is a beast in any manned gun. Hated coming across him!   :bolt:
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2014, 08:20:33 PM »

It is a Knight tradition to sail our fleets into shore batteries, enemy PT spawns and near enemy fields that have ordnance available.  :aok   :lol  
Sounds like the Bishops.

:lol Thank you for the compliment Baron :)  Record shot in the 5in is 11.7k so far, as for the 88mm, 8k direct hit, 9.3k for 'puff' . :)

Still have room for improvement though, when I get above 20% accuracy you have something to fear.  :P
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 08:22:10 PM by Tinkles »
If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2014, 09:39:51 PM »
Generals not the average pilot.....and I was saying that in reference to a major defeat not the average pilot in control of one aircraft..

(Image removed from quote.)

have you ever noticed that most of the time nobody is in charge of any fleet?  we had 2 cv's sunk today and I saw nobody in charge.  besides there's always somebody with a higher rank.  that can take over.

this is more like "all the buffs players are bailing..." stuff than what actually happens in the game.

semp

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2014, 10:58:45 PM »
have you ever noticed that most of the time nobody is in charge of any fleet?  we had 2 cv's sunk today and I saw nobody in charge.  besides there's always somebody with a higher rank.  that can take over.

this is more like "all the buffs players are bailing..." stuff than what actually happens in the game.

semp

To be fair, many times the cv is destroyed by someone who turned it the "wrong" way. Or were outsmarted by the bombers.  As for the bomber comment, I had one day where every bomber I encountered (all 8 of them) did bail when I went to engage or follow them.  Doesn't mean all that hop in a bomber bail, just means those I encountered on that select day did.

:salute
HiTech

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2014, 12:30:43 AM »
To be fair, many times the cv is destroyed by someone who turned it the "wrong" way. Or were outsmarted by the bombers.  As for the bomber comment, I had one day where every bomber I encountered (all 8 of them) did bail when I went to engage or follow them.  Doesn't mean all that hop in a bomber bail, just means those I encountered on that select day did.

:salute

I do agree with you that sometimes it sounds suspicious.  there was a time when I was in command of a cv, back when my rank used to be in the 200's.  I dodged no less than 8 sets of bombers while allowing our planes to take off as they were attacking the base.

I think I was in control sitting in the tower over 30 minutes.  the minute another set of bombers sank the cv then I was called stupid and blah, blah, blah.  I had asked repeatedly for guys to destroy the ammo bunkers on the base we were attacking.  that's where all the bombers came from.

there was another time I caught this guy moving 5 fleets to the same point on the map.  I took several pictures and sent them to ht.  but those are rare.

most of the time the cv gets sunk because nobody is in charge of it.

semp