Author Topic: if u want to keep players...  (Read 5472 times)

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
Re: if u want to keep players...
« Reply #75 on: August 26, 2014, 06:54:06 PM »
<<S>> Stampf Its been along time.

How is SHawk, doing ?

Too long...but such is the nature of the current quagmire we wade through.  <S>

SHawk?...last I ran into him he was snipping from the tail gun of a fortress and sporting a way cool mullet.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 26, 2014, 06:56:07 PM »
Yup, Shawk has evolved mainly into a bomber pilot these days.  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: August 26, 2014, 07:01:52 PM »
My thoughts:
-call the whaambulance
-come from a near by airfield
-enjoy the fantastic perk bonus (you get 2-3 times more perks in  a situation like that)
-switch to the side you would like to play on ... .... .... ... ....  oh no you cannot change sides... here we go again... dear HTC, can you recall this question being discussed? Wait, anyone who tried got the ban hammer?
+1 I like perk points.. Why not take a 30eny into that 6 on 1..

Offline LTARwolf

• Zinc Member
« Reply #78 on: August 26, 2014, 07:07:07 PM »
I guess whats bad is if. i do happen to join for a month. I'mma have to plan my day's out so that i can spend time with some of my old pals in each nation.

So who wants to place their bets on me first ? i am a active male that is seeking attention. I dont mind showing alittle leg for extra money  :bolt:  :aok

j/k j/k

But seriously going to have to talk to alot of yall and just catch up

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #79 on: August 26, 2014, 09:21:16 PM »
More and more over time the focus of activity in the ma has been shifting to base capture.

I wouldn't have a problem with players playing for base capture as long as they were willing to fight for it, not just roll over base after base.

And so it is, was, and ever will be within the experience that is JG 11.  Though most nights, and tonight being squad night...the worst...we feel alone.  The game play, other than FSO, and the few rare other gems has digressed to a kind of sad  quasi version of Risk- using WWII game pieces, where the least opposition to your rolling the game board the better.  Fighting used to be the crux of the matter, now...it the action of last resort.

Yours is one of the last real squads in the game. Plenty of squads say they work together, have ranks with in, promote team work and training, but JG11 is one of the last few that really does.  In the old days there were a number of squads like that, Birds of Prey, 444th Mafia, The Musketeers, 412th Mustangs, M.A.W, and so on. Those were squads that looked forward to going head to head in the main arenas for their squad nights. And the battles were awesome. Braggin rights for the week was the prize and it was hotly contested for.

Now we have loosely formed "clans" that might fly together when they get some people on at the same time and they NOTICE  :rolleyes:

Squad rivalry is gone, squad pride is gone. Now we have a few "know-it-alls" with big mouths that don't stop yappin' the whole night. Not so much competition any more.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2014, 11:55:31 AM »
I wouldn't have a problem with players playing for base capture as long as they were willing to fight for it, not just roll over base after base.

Yours is one of the last real squads in the game. Plenty of squads say they work together, have ranks with in, promote team work and training, but JG11 is one of the last few that really does.  In the old days there were a number of squads like that, Birds of Prey, 444th Mafia, The Musketeers, 412th Mustangs, M.A.W, and so on. Those were squads that looked forward to going head to head in the main arenas for their squad nights. And the battles were awesome. Braggin rights for the week was the prize and it was hotly contested for.

Now we have loosely formed "clans" that might fly together when they get some people on at the same time and they NOTICE  :rolleyes:

Squad rivalry is gone, squad pride is gone. Now we have a few "know-it-alls" with big mouths that don't stop yappin' the whole night. Not so much competition any more.

Thanks for the recognition of it all Fugi, small consolation I suppose but something.  The game is dead.  Well, the game we used to play is dead.  260 players online last night at 8:30 PM est.  280 players after JG 11 moved from TA to MA.  Nothing going on - on the knight front.  O.k. - used to that so we load out and launch...against the only enemy dar on the front.  This dar of course vanishes as soon as our own dar shows up on map.  Great - fly over anyway.  Nothing...ghost town...tumbleweeds....We even fake it...diving on the town (with no bombs) hoping the enemy will think we are trying a capture and up to defend- no luck - the only one who ups to defend is ghi in his magik tunnel boring hurricane - no thanks.

RTB boredom.  Look around - Nothing to do.  Nothing.  Finally - we switched to Rooks as there was a dar on the Rook/Bish front.  Load up and launch - guess what - Yep - dar vanishes.

Curse - bail - Log out.

Cancel subscription and move my 30 mates to another game is next step.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2014, 12:19:27 PM »
I lost most of my squad to turd thunder. I tried it, the flying, view setup, fm, and the way planes stall is horrible. The large selection of planes is cool to look at, but that's it.

The tanking is fun for about an hour. I like it much better than world of tanks (world of shoot, backup and reload, pull up and shoot, repeat.)

I won't pay those dirty turd thunder commies a dime though.

ah flight model is supreme.
Game handle: HellBuck

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2014, 12:54:23 PM »
I lost most of my squad to turd thunder. I tried it, the flying, view setup, fm, and the way planes stall is horrible. The large selection of planes is cool to look at, but that's it.

The tanking is fun for about an hour. I like it much better than world of tanks (world of shoot, backup and reload, pull up and shoot, repeat.)

Yeah the flight model is what I really love about this game. Every plane has advantages and weaknesses. WT is just straight crapola for kids who maybe want to learn combat flight sims but have no idea what it really is about or how to really use ACM and understand it. WT was a complete joke to me
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2014, 02:30:04 PM »
260 players online last night at 8:30 PM est.  280 players after JG 11 moved from TA to MA.  Nothing going on - on the knight front.  O.k. - used to that so we load out and launch...against the only enemy dar on the front.  This dar of course vanishes as soon as our own dar shows up on map.  Great - fly over anyway.  Nothing...ghost town...tumbleweeds...

Which, I feel , supports my point of large maps just being too large for the remaining player base. ~280 players at the short (2-4h) period of peak time, 120 players during Euro prime time, less than 100 players for about half of the day...  the "too crowded on small maps" argument doesn't work anymore.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2014, 02:38:54 PM »

Which, I feel , supports my point of large maps just being too large for the remaining player base. ~280 players at the short (2-4h) period of peak time, 120 players during Euro prime time, less than 100 players for about half of the day...  the "too crowded on small maps" argument doesn't work anymore.

Yeah stang and I were talking about this last night. That map was just too damn big. Could never get a fight going because there aren't enough players to fill it for what it needs to be like.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2014, 02:48:18 PM »
mid war has small maps, just need the players.

Offline 10thmd

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2014, 02:49:51 PM »
Flat raises a valid point.... Always liked the Mid War pane set match ups better anyway. 
- Der Wander Zirkus -
“You can all go to hell; I will go to Texas

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2014, 02:53:33 PM »
mid war has small maps, just need the players.

True...

as is, Late War has the players, just need the maps.

Thank the gods it's Wed...a couple hrs. of WWI action tonight.  Better than Risk anyday.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2014, 03:26:14 PM »

If AH was free they'd still be playing AH.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2014, 06:55:53 PM »
I doubt it. Two of them still have ah accounts, and are waiting for the ah upgrade. Once in a while I convince one of them to fly with me in ah.

They like the quick fights in the turd thunder "realistic" mode, which makes me think they won't even come back after the overhaul.

They don't fly in arcade, they hate the lead sight and the mousers. They only tank in arcade.

I'm getting very close to looking for another ah squad.
Game handle: HellBuck