Author Topic: discos - terrible  (Read 1440 times)

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
discos - terrible
« on: September 02, 2014, 03:13:39 PM »
I disco so often I am almost used to it.  I have looked to my system to include my router and windows firewall and yet, it occurs way too often  - at least once an hour.  The common denominator is AH.  It has to be something within this game.
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: discos - terrible
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2014, 03:28:25 PM »
A lot of things can cause a disco.  The most recent Internet issue were the flood of DDoS attacks to several companies in the U.S.  If your route crossed a router which carried that attack, there is more than a good chance you were going to disco.

Are you getting the "Losing UDP, switching to TCP" message?
Does the disco seem random?  Do you note it occurring during any type of specific event?
Have you run a Ping Plot to see if there is a physical problem between you and the game servers?
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2014, 05:03:36 PM »
A lot of things can cause a disco.  The most recent Internet issue were the flood of DDoS attacks to several companies in the U.S.  If your route crossed a router which carried that attack, there is more than a good chance you were going to disco.

Are you getting the "Losing UDP, switching to TCP" message?
Does the disco seem random?  Do you note it occurring during any type of specific event?
Have you run a Ping Plot to see if there is a physical problem between you and the game servers?

Are you getting the "Losing UDP, switching to TCP" message? No -  not the recent discos, but have had them in the past months

Does the disco seem random? Yes As I cannot predict it.

Do you note it occurring during any type of specific event?  No
Have you run a Ping Plot to see if there is a physical problem between you and the game servers? Yes and can again if it will help you analyze my problem

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2014, 05:54:21 PM »
Run Ping Plot, immediately after a disco for a couple of minutes.  It would be helpful to see that plot.

If it is not a packet loss issue, then a DXDIAG output might be helpful.

If this is a laptop, it could be heat related as well.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline mike8318

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 19, 2014, 01:24:38 AM »
I  get the " aceshigh.exe has stopped working" Then I have to reboot my pc. Happens at least 3 times aweek.
Don't try and outweird me.I get stranger things than you free in my breakfast cereal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dKgjtBxyis&feature=youtu.be

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2014, 07:37:28 AM »
I  get the " aceshigh.exe has stopped working" Then I have to reboot my pc. Happens at least 3 times aweek.

Post some hard data so we can help.

We can't do anything with a story.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2014, 12:01:03 PM »
Skuzzy -

this is a PP trace from yesterday directly after a disco.  Can you decipher and advise best COA for me?

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 12:50:39 PM »
The sample size is a bit too small.  The trace does not show any problems at all.

When you disco, you need to run the trace/Ping Plot immediately after the event, and set it to run for a minute, or two.  That should yield valid results.

If the trace/Ping Plot looks fine, then try renaming the games "settings" folder and see if the problem persists.

If it does, then start looking at software which might interfere.  Anti-xxxx, security software, iTunes and so on...

If you are a wireless connection, see if you can hardwire the connection.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 12:55:09 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 01:06:00 PM »
The sample size is a bit too small.  The trace does not show any problems at all.

When you disco, you need to run the trace/Ping Plot immediately after the event, and set it to run for a minute, or two.  That should yield valid results.

If the trace/Ping Plot looks fine, then try renaming the games "settings" folder and see if the problem persists.

If it does, then start looking at software which might interfere.  Anti-xxxx, security software, iTunes and so on...

If you are a wireless connection, see if you can hardwire the connection.

Thanks Skuzzy - I'll post results soon

Offline wngover

• Zinc Member
      • History of VF-1
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2014, 05:50:42 PM »
I've been having the same issues for more than a few weeks.  I can't stay connected from more than 2min generally only about 45secs.

• No warning prior to drops (aka no "lost UDP switching to TCP" pre-warning msg).
  • Ping plot clean (~50 ms round trip)
  • DXDIAG clean
  • Antixxx, Mal, Firewall, etc all clean/off
  • Processes down to ~50
  • Renamed Settings folder
  • Tested on 2 separate PCs connected directly to Modem (took router out of loop), same results on both (WIN8 & WIN7.64)
  • New Cable Modem - from Cable Co supported list
  • Cable Co field tech came to house and checked everything - ok - no change, drops continue

Elevated to Lvl3 'engineering' with the local Cable Co (TWC) in Orange, CA... They are still investigating???

Already have separate open tech thread for my specific issue w/AH, Roy has been investigating.

I want to be part of the solution.  Let me know if there are any other testing/troubleshooting steps I can perform or data that can be provided. 
I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. - George S. Patton, General (1885-1945)

The impossible upon request, Miracles by appointment only, Anytime baby!..  - Moto of the "Wolfpack"

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 06:23:31 PM »
When you say "disco", please be very detailed about what is happening.

Also, a DXDIAG output might be helpful.  I would lie to see the Ping Plot (make sure it is run immediately after a disco, for at least 1 minute, 2 is better).
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline wngover

• Zinc Member
      • History of VF-1
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 08:34:45 PM »
Ill post DxDiag, PingPlot, screen shot of 'disco' msg, etc... as soon as I get off-work.

Would you like a Wireshark trace also?
I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. - George S. Patton, General (1885-1945)

The impossible upon request, Miracles by appointment only, Anytime baby!..  - Moto of the "Wolfpack"

Offline wngover

• Zinc Member
      • History of VF-1
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 02:16:27 AM »
Ping plot @ 2 separate times post "Host Connection Lost"

Offline wngover

• Zinc Member
      • History of VF-1
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 02:18:16 AM »
Screen capture of 'lost connection'

Offline wngover

• Zinc Member
      • History of VF-1
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 02:20:34 AM »
NetStat pre 'Lost Connection' - Time taken is in between the ping plot runs.