Author Topic: discos - terrible  (Read 1456 times)

Offline wngover

• Zinc Member
      • History of VF-1
Re: discos - terrible
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 02:22:37 AM »
DxDiag 32&64bit outputs attached
I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. - George S. Patton, General (1885-1945)

The impossible upon request, Miracles by appointment only, Anytime baby!..  - Moto of the "Wolfpack"

Offline wngover

• Zinc Member
      • History of VF-1
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 02:41:52 AM »
WireShark dump
I am a soldier, I fight where I am told, and I win where I fight. - George S. Patton, General (1885-1945)

The impossible upon request, Miracles by appointment only, Anytime baby!..  - Moto of the "Wolfpack"

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 05:53:16 AM »
wngover, do I understand correctly you've built your computer yourself? What caught my eye is this:
Name: Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet #2
Device ID: PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_16B1&SUBSYS_96B11849&REV_10\6&250852EF&0&002800E7
  Driver: n/a

Then again, I ran a DxDiag on my rig and found the same... Anyway, have you installed all of your motherboard drivers or do you use the generic ones by Windows?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 09:23:56 AM »
The second Ping Plot shows packet loss between your ISP and it's ISP.  That would be problematic.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline wngover

• Zinc Member
      • History of VF-1
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 09:34:47 AM »
wngover, do I understand correctly you've built your computer yourself? What caught my eye is this:
Then again, I ran a DxDiag on my rig and found the same... Anyway, have you installed all of your motherboard drivers or do you use the generic ones by Windows?

Built it myself.  All drivers are installed that I'm aware of... no issues with other game/web services at this time... rig is 3~4 years old...

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 09:55:10 AM »
Ok -This is not going to be of any comfort, nor constructive but it is an experience I had so may help <loose terminology of help so don't shoot me>

I had the very same issue a few months back.  did the traces and the tweaks and the moans etc.   Truth is I walked away from the game for a week and when I came back it worked...Automagically!!

HTC has no control over the route between you and it.  You have minor control in that you can cry to your ISP and see if they can re-route you.  Best option - go play with the kids for a week and come back refreshed.  Don't have kids?  Go try to make some for a week! - :x :devil