Author Topic: Unplayable  (Read 1007 times)

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Unplayable
« on: September 07, 2014, 06:01:48 PM »
As of the last week I've been having some serious issues with getting a good connection to the MA, Ping is usually bouncing from 70 to 3000. When I am able to connect, I usually end up getting booted off in a few minutes.

My connection seems to be just fine with all my other programs although I am aware it could still be an issue on my end. My house hold has a lot of computers on the same network however this doesn't seem to be the cause of this particular issue.

Any help would be appreciated
See Rule #4

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Unplayable
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2014, 06:18:28 PM »
First download and install PingPlotter It's a free program you can use to check your route to the servers.

After installing and running the program, in the window on the top left type this address 72.252.137.154

Below that set the program to ping 1 a second and let it run for 5- 10 minutes to get a good read.

If the graph shows any "red" stuff, thats bad. Take a screen shot and post the picture here.

Other things to go through are posted here, http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,68316.msg637923.html#msg637923

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 01:17:03 AM »
You should check to see what the other computers in the house are doing when you're trying to run AH.  I found out that my connection becomes unusable if my wife has Facebook open on her laptop.  Even if she is only playing Words with Friends (not something you would think would use a lot of bandwidth) the net status plot in my AH goes bonkers and delays can sometimes exceed 1 sec.  As soon as she closes the Facebook page the AH net status becomes a flat line with delay about 70 msec.

Try running AH with all other computers (and smartphones or tablets) in the house physically turned off (if on, they may be hogging your connection if, for example, they are infected with a botnet).  If AH works properly, then try turning on each computer one at a time; you might be able to determine which is the culprit (if any).

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 07:20:33 AM »
Whoa! 70 to 3000, that's a big bounce! As 715 said, try to get at least a testing time for your own to see if the other computers are the culprit. To 715 (or rather to his wife) and glzsdq, too, and whomever it concerns, if some netsite is causing a lot of traffic despite it seemingly looking small footprint, try AdBlock in all browsers in the family. I suppose a Facebook gaming page is full of constantly changing ads coming from various servers which of course affects the available bandwidth of every user using the same router.

Other than that, Plotting the Ping may show reasons outside of your house. You never can tell where between your house and the HTC servers there's a major weather related problem in the connections.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline drubbo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2014, 03:32:12 PM »
 Tired of being discoed. Here is my pingpotter graph

Offline 715

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2014, 04:25:48 PM »
It's 71.252.137.154 not 72.252.137.154.  Check the internet hints and tips in this forum section.

Offline drubbo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2014, 06:21:36 PM »
I copied and pasted the numbers in the above post by The Fugitive. Let me try your numbers instead

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2014, 06:32:52 PM »
I copied and pasted the numbers in the above post by The Fugitive. Let me try your numbers instead

Skuzzy recently updated the numbers.

Offline drubbo

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2014, 06:36:18 PM »
Here is my current pingplotter graph
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 07:15:36 PM by drubbo »

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2014, 12:56:56 PM »
I see nothing wrong with the Ping Plotter data, other than there were only 10 samples.

I would like to more samples over a longer period of time.  Say about two to four minutes.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com