Author Topic: Just a thought..  (Read 1701 times)

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
Just a thought..
« on: September 15, 2014, 05:01:13 PM »
As I read the BBS and see all of these "Sorry, been fun" posts lately. Only thing I can think of is what happens when this major update comes into the big picture and all the bugs worked out, all of these "Cya Later" posts will turn into a simple "I'm back, had to check out these awesome graphics...second guessing why i left in the first place?"  :D

Or are they all simply "Leaving" just to try to make HTC force the update to a sooner installment date which is the ultimatum of this crazy insanity as of late?  :headscratch:

Inquiring minds would like to know....  :O
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Re: Just a thought..
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2014, 05:11:34 PM »
They are leaving to get the torrent of salutes, then fly as shades.
Everyone would like to witness their own funeral.

Some truly quit, but that is a normal cycle for the players population. Chances are that if they played this game for more than a year they'll be back. I dont remember how many times I quit. In fact, I am going to quit now and resubscribe tomorrow evening. To all the great AH players and HTC <S>  :salute Perhaps we shall meet again.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Naughty

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2014, 05:17:57 PM »

No, I think the game has become stale for most of them. Anyone's who's been playing for awhile, has to admit the game has changed. People are gonna play it they way they see fit. Personally I hate the new style that has taken hold in the MA. It's harder and harder to find a decent fight where I can hone my skills. Rather.. most nites I just feel like a rabbit in a pack of foxes, zigging and zagging, neck on a swivel just trying to survive. You finally maneuver onto somebody's six.. and you're picked off.  

Im sticking around in hopes that Hitec has put so much time into this new graphics update, that he'll want to make the other changes that SO many players have recommended in order to save the game. (I personally don't believe prettier trees and water are gonna do it)  Until then, i'll keep myself happy searching the skies for decent 1v1's and trying out the special events.
The true warrior has no enemies. Only teachers

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2014, 05:30:02 PM »

Extremely insightful... and dare I say, "spot on."
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
190 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-6

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2014, 06:42:18 PM »
Some are bored

Some are busy

Some rage quit in a tizzy

Some vow forever

Or get banned in shame

These two types just change their name

Amax (Formerly Aspen)

AMAX  in game

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2014, 06:55:44 PM »

This. Lots of this going on lately. Some have had shades for quite some time. It's kind of like a little cry for help to see who's listening. Very pathetic actually.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2014, 07:05:17 PM »
The only person I truly know about is me. I've quit many times. Always quietly. And I usually decline the "why did you leave" question. It's usually "I don't have time to play" or "my internet connection makes the game unplayable".

There's only one thing that has ever made me rage quit - cv puffy ack. I could do immediate evasives and the ack would still be exploding right in front of me. Those AI gunners are psychic! How do they know where I'm going. It takes a long time for puffy ack to get to 23k alt. How can it explode in front of you right after you pulled a high g turn with a major alt change to get away.

Lately, if I wonder into cv puffy ack in a TA152, I'm on fire after the first few pings.

I even lost a 262 at 23k alt to fire from cv puffy ack recently. That's right, "snap", oh crap I'm in cv ack, "crackle", "pop", and to the tower.
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2014, 08:57:43 PM »
Try flying a fairly low set of bombers directly towards the CV group. Then you will be perfectly safe from puffy.  :rolleyes:

The only person I truly know about is me. I've quit many times. Always quietly. And I usually decline the "why did you leave" question. It's usually "I don't have time to play" or "my internet connection makes the game unplayable".

There's only one thing that has ever made me rage quit - cv puffy ack. I could do immediate evasives and the ack would still be exploding right in front of me. Those AI gunners are psychic! How do they know where I'm going. It takes a long time for puffy ack to get to 23k alt. How can it explode in front of you right after you pulled a high g turn with a major alt change to get away.

Lately, if I wonder into cv puffy ack in a TA152, I'm on fire after the first few pings.

I even lost a 262 at 23k alt to fire from cv puffy ack recently. That's right, "snap", oh crap I'm in cv ack, "crackle", "pop", and to the tower.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2014, 09:03:44 PM »
or just get close to an enemy con  ;)

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2014, 09:20:37 PM »
I think you and bozon are correct.  It appears to me that many are quitting, perhaps hoping that if enough people do, it will force HTC to push the new release out faster.  Kinda' childish for the ones
doing so.
 I'm sure some folks left for the reasons that they gave and may come back after some time.  I left the game way before this update was ever mentioned, due to no finances.  Things are looking up though, so
hopefully I'll be back soon.  (even if the update is not ready..)

Coogan  :salute
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Patches1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2014, 01:14:06 AM »

As I read the BBS and see all of these "Sorry, been fun" posts lately. Only thing I can think of is what happens when this major update comes into the big picture and all the bugs worked out, all of these "Cya Later" posts will turn into a simple "I'm back, had to check out these awesome graphics...second guessing why i left in the first place?"  Big Grin

Or are they all simply "Leaving" just to try to make HTC force the update to a sooner installment date which is the ultimatum of this crazy insanity as of late?  headscratch

Frankly, I've seen these posts, or variants of them, for the past ten years, and although many have threatened to leave, and some have actually left, Aces High is still here.

I regret that real life has interfered with my game time over the past two years, but, I am still here and have no intention to leave. Those who wish to leave because graphics take priority to their game play may leave, and have always left; those who stay, and have always stayed, stay because the challenge is great and uncompromising.

...just a thought...

"We're surrounded. That simplifies the problem."- Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller, General, USMC

Offline Tinkles

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2014, 01:17:34 AM »

Some truly quit, but that is a normal cycle for the players population. Chances are that if they played this game for more than a year they'll be back. I dont remember how many times I quit. In fact, I am going to quit now and resubscribe tomorrow evening. To all the great AH players and HTC <S>  :salute Perhaps we shall meet again.

Interesting perspective, never thought of it that way.

If we have something to show we will & do post shots, if we have nothing new to show we don't.
HiTech
Adapt , Improvise, Overcome. ~ HiTech
Be a man and shoot me in the back ~ Morfiend

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2014, 01:31:31 AM »
Sometimes quitting is the best thing you can do to AH. If you start to build up ego and stress about deaths, score etc. issues - a break is in order.

I found that the enjoyment from game was much higher after I switched names and started from zero, concentrating on the fun part and not worrying about k/d or similar distractions. Going for a high k/d had its own fun but it made you stress about every death. I found that I don't play games for stress, I play to relieve it.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2014, 01:41:30 AM »
Sometimes quitting is the best thing you can do to AH. If you start to build up ego and stress about deaths, score etc. issues - a break is in order.

I found that the enjoyment from game was much higher after I switched names and started from zero, concentrating on the fun part and not worrying about k/d or similar distractions. Going for a high k/d had its own fun but it made you stress about every death. I found that I don't play games for stress, I play to relieve it.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
See Rule #4

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2014, 01:46:39 AM »

A good clearing of the head helps bring back the enjoyment of the game.