Author Topic: ---=== SERVER DOWN ===---  (Read 622 times)

Offline Pandora

• Copper Member
---=== SERVER DOWN ===---
« on: September 22, 2014, 10:36:00 AM »

In case anyone is trying to get onto the server, I have just spoken to support and they confirmed my suspicions.

Skuzzy has broken it, again.

No ETA, but I was advised it will be up "shortly".  I guess it just depends on how much damage he has done, this time.

Offline HareWire

• Zinc Member
Re: ---=== SERVER DOWN ===---
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2014, 10:42:49 AM »
NOOO!!! Not during the 3 hours I had allotted to play this week!

Oh well, times like this make me realize how rarely the server is actually down...

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2014, 10:43:40 AM »
 :noid secret implementation of new content?.... :noid
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline aarque

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 12:18:17 PM »
Over 4 hours at this point with nothing but a, "HiTech Creations is currently experiencing technical difficulties with our server(s). We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it. Aces High will be up and going as soon as possible."

You know, when I log to a service that I pay for, that's the first thing I think, "ach, they're experiencing technical difficulties;" so I will complement Rosie on the fantastic eminence of stating the obvious.

I think that if they wanted to implement new content, they probably should create it first and then shut down the servers.
Now say, "rk"

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2014, 12:47:16 PM »
Over 4 hours at this point with nothing but a, "HiTech Creations is currently experiencing technical difficulties with our server(s). We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve it. Aces High will be up and going as soon as possible."

You know, when I log to a service that I pay for, that's the first thing I think, "ach, they're experiencing technical difficulties;" so I will complement Rosie on the fantastic eminence of stating the obvious.

I think that if they wanted to implement new content, they probably should create it first and then shut down the servers.

Sheesh dude.  Do you want an update ever minute that says "The servers are still down and we are working on it".  It's obvious they are still down and I'm pretty sure they are working on it.  Go do some chores.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2014, 12:54:55 PM »
We experienced a bug in the operating system which required us to dump the data from a partition, rebuild the filesystem, then retroes the data.

We get very paranoid about doing this and follow a very strict protocol.  It is unfortunate for all the clients, but we cannot afford to be interrupted with typing out updates while we are in the middle of this type of problem.

Everything should be operational now.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com