Author Topic: Typhoon cockpit in the Tempest?  (Read 3626 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Typhoon cockpit in the Tempest?
« on: September 24, 2014, 02:36:25 PM »
I'm sure the two were different, but can we get the Typhoon cockpit in the Tempest until the Tempest cockpit doesn't look like the original MS Flight Simulator?  Such a powerful plane to have such an ugly cockpit.   :old:

Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Typhoon cockpit in the Tempest?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2014, 09:46:04 PM »
Or we could just push every tempest that's in the game into furball lake and pretend the game ever had them.   :D
See Rule #4

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 12:17:40 AM »
I hardly ever fly it,  but when I do I wanna gouge my eyes out.    :eek:
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 06:22:38 PM »
I wonder if Waffle will get the gunsight correct. It's a tad off in the current "Typhoon 1b". The MkII and MkIIL were used in the Typhoon 1b early on. Ultimatly the MkIII projecting a dot was used in the late Mk 1b. Even with the MkII mounted it was mounted higher off the front of the horizontal bar. The bars are too small in diameter in the AH cockpit. Look at differences below from the AH cockpit and the picture of a Typhoon 1b cockpit with MkIII gunsight.

If you are going to mount a MkII in a Typhoon 1b, below is the proper mounting. Much higher than in the game cockpit due to the reflector plate.

MKIII with shroud and elevation ring to move dot for rocket firing and cannon firing. Eventually the shroud was removed as optically correct armored windscreens were mounted in the Tempest. This was the only WW2 gunsight to project a DOT.

As opposed to the MkIIL with tilt able reflector plate used in Typhoon early on for rocket firing. The reticle was either the 100Mil ring, bar and dot. Or later only a 100Mil ring and dot.

Tempest and Typhoon with the MkIII mounted used a different crash pad. MkII were dangerous to the pilot. Notice with the MkIII in the Tempest and Late Typhoon cockpits, the large silver barrel sight head, It can be black. That is the sight head opposed to what is seen on the MkII with a reflector plate. But, again in the Typhoon a MkII would be mounted in front and much higher off the horizontal bar and all of the problems with double images of the projected reticle, and orange glare, and danger of getting your face smashed.

Tempest V and Typhoon 1b with MkIII and crash pad.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.