Author Topic: ENY Cap to a Sliding Perk Cost  (Read 555 times)

Offline tuton25

• Nickel Member
ENY Cap to a Sliding Perk Cost
« on: September 24, 2014, 11:23:11 PM »
I would like see the ENY Cap removed in favor of a sliding perk scale. That means instead of an aircraft being unusable because of ENY, it simply would have a perk cost relative to its ENY. The equation I would recommend is P=M(1/E)(C-E+1)+I, when C≥E. So to break this down:
P= the ENY perk cost
M= Some constant
E= A plane's ENY
C= The ENY cap
I= Any initial perk cost

Lets use the P-51D as an example:
So lets say the ENY cap is at 5 and Hitech wanted M to be set at 100, so plug everything in you get P=100(1/5)(5-5+1)+0=20. So this means when the ENY cap is at 5, the P-51D will have a perk cost of 20.
Now lets say the ENY cap rises to 7, again P=100(1/5)(7-5+1)+0=60. So as the ENY cap rises to 7, the 51's cost grows to 60.
This all changes with a different M value, which can be tuned at Hitech's discretion. Lets say the ENY is at 10, the M=10, and we have the Tempest with a base cost of 50, so P=10(1/5)(10-5+1)+50=62. So with M at 10 and ENY at 10, the Tempest would cost 62 perks (170 perks when M=100).
This still allows anyone to fly anything they want to, just make them prohibitively expensive....
« Last Edit: September 24, 2014, 11:25:06 PM by tuton25 »
><))))*> Da Fish is in Da Fight

Offline WW1965

• Zinc Member
Re: ENY Cap to a Sliding Perk Cost
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2014, 04:27:25 AM »
I would like see the ENY Cap removed in favor of a sliding perk scale. That means instead of an aircraft being unusable because of ENY, it simply would have a perk cost relative to its ENY. The equation I would recommend is P=M(1/E)(C-E+1)+I, when C≥E. So to break this down:
P= the ENY perk cost
M= Some constant
E= A plane's ENY
C= The ENY cap
I= Any initial perk cost

Lets use the P-51D as an example:
So lets say the ENY cap is at 5 and Hitech wanted M to be set at 100, so plug everything in you get P=100(1/5)(5-5+1)+0=20. So this means when the ENY cap is at 5, the P-51D will have a perk cost of 20.
Now lets say the ENY cap rises to 7, again P=100(1/5)(7-5+1)+0=60. So as the ENY cap rises to 7, the 51's cost grows to 60.
This all changes with a different M value, which can be tuned at Hitech's discretion. Lets say the ENY is at 10, the M=10, and we have the Tempest with a base cost of 50, so P=10(1/5)(10-5+1)+50=62. So with M at 10 and ENY at 10, the Tempest would cost 62 perks (170 perks when M=100).
This still allows anyone to fly anything they want to, just make them prohibitively expensive....

... I can only hear crickets...

... Have you been reading your kids school books ?? ... also, although I don't like to or want to, I just take an earlier war plane..

While I like the concept, it'll be extremely hard on some of us who fly the 'off hours'.. due to the ENY being based on 'people logged in', not 'people participating'..

what happens when the JugD11 starts costing perks to fly ??

just a thought..

<S>

Wrngway

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2014, 04:37:58 AM »
So or friends in Europe will need to spend perks while U.S. Prime time really won't?
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2014, 05:15:15 AM »
So or friends in Europe will need to spend perks while U.S. Prime time really won't?

Or if you were like me before I deleted my account and have 45K+ perks saved up. It would either be an issue of people not having any perks or too many perks. I know a bunch of old timers in here have nothing but thousands of perks saved up. Having 50 P-51D's (that are easily paid for) steam rolling a country that only has 15 people online isn't really a good thing for most. I personally would love it all to death! So many 5 ENY planes for my 30 ENY plane to nom nom nom on  :devil , but the majority of the community have expressed that they would not like this.

I think an even easier solution to this (I know I'm kicking the dead horse here) is to tweak the side balancing slightly. I think the ENY does a good job at balancing the sides but then the 12 hour rule goes and screws that all up. Reduce the time it takes for players to be able to switch sides again and increase the frequency at which the sides can balance out.

(awaits for the typical "SPIEZ" reply  :)  )

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2014, 11:05:07 AM »
I think the ENY does a good job at balancing the sides but then the 12 hour rule goes and screws that all up.

Truth. Used to have people starting to switch whenever the ENY got to 15 or above.

Spiez? Apparently the law of the baker's dozen minus one hath not eliminated such complaints. http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,366163.0.html
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline USCH

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2014, 07:02:59 PM »
Anyone with thousands of perks is not flying a 51D and steamrolling with friends IMO. And with that said I'm still a -1 just because the current way of things makes people fly different aircraft and that IS a good thing.