Author Topic: Range vox mute  (Read 3230 times)

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
Re: Range vox mute
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2014, 12:52:28 PM »
how about just a slider to control the volume of just the range.  a slider to control the volume of the vox and one for range.

+1 on this idea - it allows you to set squad chat to a higher volume than range box which would cover a lot of it.
The other simple solution is just to have squad vox override range vox checkbox. 

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2014, 01:05:15 PM »
No, Bustr was talking about muting the channel.  adding a slider to control the set volume, as you now can for every sound produced in the game, except the slider volume control for VOX is currently the same control for Range volume.  What the majority of posts here are requesting is a slider volume control for Range, you could than set different volume levels for VOX and Range, the same way you can now set volume levels for every sound produced in the game.  Nothing is muted.

slider at zero = mute

Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2014, 01:16:13 PM »
how about Vox chat overrides Range chat so i can hear what my squad mates are saying

+1!

I think the main concern behind muting range is that all the useless chatter that goes on when you're coordinating a run with your squaddies or mission gets in the way and no one can hear a thing. I think voice comms priority should be...

Squad channel>Vox Channel>Range Channel

Vox Channel will always cut off range chatter and Squad channel will always cut off Vox and Range.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2014, 01:18:38 PM »
+1!

I think the main concern behind muting range is that all the useless chatter that goes on when you're coordinating a run with your squaddies or mission gets in the way and no one can hear a thing. I think voice comms priority should be...

Squad channel>Vox Channel>Range Channel

Vox Channel will always cut off range chatter and Squad channel will always cut off Vox and Range.

If this is a doable, I'm for it.

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: October 03, 2014, 05:44:49 PM »
If this is a doable, I'm for it.

Best solution yet
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #50 on: October 03, 2014, 08:18:27 PM »
+1 on this idea - it allows you to set squad chat to a higher volume than range box which would cover a lot of it.
The other simple solution is just to have squad vox override range vox checkbox. 

You may find that it's better to have sound out of range and not over ride it,  try this at home, turn on the TV and radio, set one volume lower than the other, now let your brain pick up on which ever conversation you wish.  You will notice that the brain does a very good job of filtering out unwanted noise when the volumes are set at different levels.  You can even clearly hear and follow the conversations set to the lower volume.  Now set both TV and Radio volume to the same level, you will find that you have a much harder time, the brain isn't doing so well trying to keep the two distinct.   Professional pilots taxiing around busy airports have been doing this for years, listing and conversing with ground control while picking up last minute dispatch info from the company or perhaps listing in on the tower calls, keeping track of arriving traffic.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2014, 10:29:56 AM »
You may find that it's better to have sound out of range and not over ride it,  try this at home, turn on the TV and radio, set one volume lower than the other, now let your brain pick up on which ever conversation you wish.  You will notice that the brain does a very good job of filtering out unwanted noise when the volumes are set at different levels.  You can even clearly hear and follow the conversations set to the lower volume.  Now set both TV and Radio volume to the same level, you will find that you have a much harder time, the brain isn't doing so well trying to keep the two distinct.   Professional pilots taxiing around busy airports have been doing this for years, listing and conversing with ground control while picking up last minute dispatch info from the company or perhaps listing in on the tower calls, keeping track of arriving traffic.

Very interesting, simple but elegant. Like the Good Book says we are "fearfully and wonderfully made" . I would have never tried that, thanks.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2014, 11:18:40 AM »
I like any of the two or three good suggestions to reduce chatter on range. I would add that giving the GV guys their own range channel with the flyers being able to turn on or off would IMO remove most of the heavy chatter in a battle. Not to say the flyers don't chatter but those tank guys sure do talk a lot.

+1 on anything that reduces the chatter or to shutoff a group of potty mouths you happen to fly into.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2014, 03:40:58 PM »
And then you didn't hear the tank guys telling you about the wirble towering you in all your comfy silence and bliss.

Laz2: Said

All you guys who like AH voice are the same people who's mamma's made the other kids play with em. Get a life.

HiTech response:

Hmm laz you sound like some one who realy just wants to play with himself?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2014, 12:35:25 AM »
After tonight and listening to range I am begging for this wish to come true.

:pray
Top Gun

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2014, 06:08:23 PM »
+1

however,

if HTC worried about ill effects of this b/c of how mute works now, how about a range (or even a squad) mute that was on a timer, say 2 min. 
=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2014, 06:34:22 PM »
Say a brand new player to ah has been having a blast communicating with his new found fellow piloteers. Check sixes are called and SA is generally bettered. With this first impression being made he then takes off and runs in to a completely silent patch of fellow pilots (say a squad tuned squad channel only or even just a bunch of detuned fellows. Detuned=range vox mute, might as well be the same thing) then a fight ensues where -no one- talks back.

Even though situational, I think the loss of range hurts both parties here. Not just the one that de tunes, but those trying to communicate to said person too.

Tho idk just imhofyi type stuffs.     I don't really care either way.
                                                         :salute
Edit grammar and such.

When I use Teamspeak I turn my AH com volume all the way down.   I don't want to hear all the blabbering when I am trying to communicate with my wingmen.

The ability to mute Range is much-needed.   Faster than individually muting the chatty...    The arguments against it are circular and silly.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
- THE DAMNED -
King of the Hill Champ Tour 219 - Win Percentage 100
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2014, 06:35:15 PM »
how about just a slider to control the volume of just the range.  a slider to control the volume of the vox and one for range.

That would be nice.
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -
"1v1 Skyyr might be the best pilot ever to play the game." - Via PM, Name Redacted

Online Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2014, 06:37:46 PM »
how about Vox chat overrides Range chat so i can hear what my squad mates are saying

+1
”KILLER V”
- THE DAMNED -

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2014, 02:40:20 PM »
Gents be very careful and don't allow this to become "1 Hour" redux. That cost our community.

None of you are giving HiTech any reason to buy into your reasoning for wanting to effectively kill off country range. While stratifying the population of each country and outright stigmatizing the 2 weeker, sqweeker, and newbie. Aces High is not considered one of the most friendly games in the business. You are arguing for it to become less so than it already is.

What percentage of the playing community does the audience of these forums, then this POST represent? Consider the same question in retrospect for the "1 Hour" debacle. Then calculate over the past decade how many wishes are ignored every year and why.

But, by all means carry on, if this is in the best interests of the game community as a whole. I'm just seeing situational antipathy from a few against other paying customers as the reason for this request. That's not a good foundation to argue HiTech into changing his game. It certainly didn't work out well during the "1 Hour" debacle when the conversation changed to antipathy.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.