Author Topic: Range vox mute  (Read 3239 times)

Offline Petrol

• Zinc Member
Range vox mute
« on: September 26, 2014, 03:02:56 PM »
Is it possible to mute range vox?

Sometimes I am listening on squad vox and getting GV' and local AC chat at the same time.
All good and very helpful but I missed the punchline..........

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
Re: Range vox mute
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2014, 04:49:20 PM »
+1

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2014, 09:24:36 PM »
Yeah .... +1

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2014, 09:27:12 AM »
its been asked for many times over the years and it's a really good idea.  Not sure why HTC hasn't addressed it.

+1.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2014, 09:30:58 AM »
its been asked for many times over the years and it's a really good idea.  Not sure why HTC hasn't addressed it.

+1.
Yup, +1
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline flatiron1

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2014, 09:42:07 AM »
please

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2014, 06:39:03 AM »
+1   :aok

LtngRydr
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2014, 07:21:50 AM »
+1,000,000

Odd that you can precisely control what you see in the text buffer, but not what is being pumped into your headphones.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2014, 11:52:28 AM »
I would really like this.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2014, 02:35:11 PM »
Hitech made a response to this some years back along the lines of. If you can mute it, no one will use it, and the worst conditions of self segregation and balkanization will be fostered. New players will suffer the most. And find themselves quickly not interested in moving up from a free two week trial to a paying subscription. Ahsta La Bye Bye future of the game due to dwindling new subscriptions. But, for a short while, you guys will be happy.

Goes back to many Hitech answers about wishes, along the lines that most players only wish for something selfishly about themselves. Damn the consequences, and who cares if it inadvertently poops on the game as a whole.

This wish is really,

Mr. Hitech,

Pease listen to me so I can drive away potential new customers, because I only care about what I want out of this game right now, and screw the future. I've got other games if you actually screw up and listen to me. But, I still want what I want anyway.

And thus, why Hitech seems more so over the years to be at odds with his long term subscribers and their self serving demands, as time in grade breeds a sense of entitlement. Give me what I want because I have earned it in your game x number of years, x number of $14.95 a month. A lot of entitlement for .50 cents a day. I would hate to read what you threaten your beer companies with.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2014, 02:40:11 PM »
I'd settle for vox squelching individual players.  :D

Having said that, I'll live .... no mattah.  :cheers:

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2014, 02:42:15 PM »
This is one of the silliest arguments I've ever heard. The option of not listening to range won't effect anyone except yourself, and it can already be achieved by turning your vox volume all the way down, a thing I have to do sometimes in areas of excess range chatter. Unfortunately there is no way to unhook that from also turning down squad vox. One could use teamspeak or vent to get around that I suppose, but a lot of squads still rely on game coms.

Hitech made a response to this some years back along the lines of. If you can mute it, no one will use it, and the worst conditions of self segregation and balkanization will be fostered. New players will suffer the most. And find themselves quickly not interested in moving up from a free two week trial to a paying subscription. Ahsta La Bye Bye future of the game due to dwindling new subscriptions. But, for a short while, you guys will be happy.

Goes back to many Hitech answers about wishes, along the lines that most players only wish for something selfishly about themselves. Damn the consequences, and who cares if it inadvertently poops on the game as a whole.

This wish is really,

Mr. Hitech,

Pease listen to me so I can drive away potential new customers, because I only care about what I want out of this game right now, and screw the future. I've got other games if you actually screw up and listen to me. But, I still want what I want anyway.

And thus, why Hitech seems more so over the years to be at odds with his long term subscribers and their self serving demands, as time in grade breeds a sense of entitlement. Give me what I want because I have earned it in your game x number of years, x number of $14.95 a month. A lot of entitlement for .50 cents a day. I would hate to read what you threaten your beer companies with.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2014, 02:50:32 PM »
This is one of the silliest arguments I've ever heard. The option of not listening to range won't effect anyone except yourself, and it can already be achieved by turning your vox volume all the way down, a thing I have to do sometimes in areas of excess range chatter. Unfortunately there is no way to unhook that from also turning down squad vox. One could use teamspeak or vent to get around that I suppose, but a lot of squads still rely on game coms.

Turn your vox all the way down and you can't hear squadies or mission vox. What peeps are asking for, seems, is to be able to avoid the nonsensical chatter that'll drown out the coms they want to hear when they are in range of those going on and on, incessantly, about their hangnail, their political fixation, the way someone shot them down a week ago, ect.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2014, 03:26:21 PM »

I'm only repeating Hitech from some time back in the opening paragraph. The rest is patently obvious especially in the current audiences blatant attitude's. So why don't you tell Hitech to his face rather than use this as your chance to poop on me? You too Arlo......

It's a blessing from the creator that this forum is only populated by less than 5% of the active paying customer base. At least we are all in one spot and Hitech doesn't have to waste his time worrying about our self serving nonsense.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2014, 03:34:15 PM »
So why don't you tell Hitech to his face rather than use this as your chance to poop on me? You too Arlo......

Relax, If you have poop on you it isn't mine.  ;)