Author Topic: Range vox mute  (Read 3236 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: Range vox mute
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 03:43:42 PM »
We already have the option to see no text messages whatsoever. So apparently whatever you are quoting (if you are indeed quoting the main thrust correctly) isn't written in stone.

Now give a logical argument as to why muting my own range vox will ruin new players' game experience. Actually, some of the stuff you hear on range, muting it would improve their experience.

I'm only repeating Hitech from some time back in the opening paragraph. The rest is patently obvious especially in the current audiences blatant attitude's. So why don't you tell Hitech to his face rather than use this as your chance to poop on me? You too Arlo......

It's a blessing from the creator that this forum is only populated by less than 5% of the active paying customer base. At least we are all in one spot and Hitech doesn't have to waste his time worrying about our self serving nonsense.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 04:51:02 PM »
Reading this thread, some of the replies, and HTCs response brings to mind something the late, great "Dandy" Don Meridith used to sing on Monday Night Football back in the 70s:

"Turn out the lights... the party's overrrrr!“

Oh well... it was fun.

The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 04:52:41 PM »
HTC has made no response, Bustr quoting Hitech from some years ago is not the same thing, and I'm still waiting for the logical explanation about why being able to mute range would ruin the game and drive off new players   :devil

Reading this thread, some of the replies, and HTCs response brings to mind something the late, great "Dandy" Don Meridith used to sing on Monday Night Football back in the 70s:

"Turn out the lights... the party's overrrrr!“

Oh well... it was fun.

"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 05:57:28 PM »
HTC has made no response, Bustr quoting Hitech from some years ago is not the same thing, and I'm still waiting for the logical explanation about why being able to mute range would ruin the game and drive off new players   :devil

True, but the quote probably still applies. 

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 06:00:29 PM »
True, but the quote probably still applies. 

How would you apply this quote?

"Rule #1 when wanting to make a change, don't only look at what you think the potential gain will be. Rule #1 is first look at how your idea can be exploited, and hence potential loss instead of gain."

HiTech

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 06:26:19 PM »
How would you apply this quote?

"Rule #1 when wanting to make a change, don't only look at what you think the potential gain will be. Rule #1 is first look at how your idea can be exploited, and hence potential loss instead of gain."

HiTech

How can muting range be exploited? It may lead to a slight *disadvantage* for the player doing it, as they will not hear six calls, but that is their choice and their business.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2014, 06:28:21 PM »
How can muting range be exploited? It may lead to a slight *disadvantage* for the player doing it, as they will not hear six calls, but that is their choice and their business.

No more relevance than Dandy's, it seems.  :)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2014, 06:29:56 PM »
No more relevance than Dandy's, it seems.  :)
Eh? Translate into English please.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2014, 06:31:24 PM »
Just thought I'd add an HT quote since they're being used by some to read his mind and project him into the thread.  :D

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2014, 07:14:44 PM »
Just thought I'd add an HT quote since they're being used by some to read his mind and project him into the thread.  :D

I'm aware of what you quoted.  Figuring out how changes to technology might be misused and/or exploited is something I do in my line of work everyday.  I agree with BnZ that I see NO advantage to be had other than that person might be able to concentrate more clearly.  So if that's an advantage, wow...you guys ARE challenged for things to b1tch about.

The alternatives get more and more attractive as the days go by....

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2014, 08:24:16 PM »
I'm aware of what you quoted.  Figuring out how changes to technology might be misused and/or exploited is something I do in my line of work everyday.  I agree with BnZ that I see NO advantage to be had other than that person might be able to concentrate more clearly.  So if that's an advantage, wow...you guys ARE challenged for things to b1tch about.

The alternatives get more and more attractive as the days go by....

I'm not beechin', Sunshine. What alternatives are you considering?

Offline TWC_Angel

• Zinc Member
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2014, 11:42:48 PM »
Say a brand new player to ah has been having a blast communicating with his new found fellow piloteers. Check sixes are called and SA is generally bettered. With this first impression being made he then takes off and runs in to a completely silent patch of fellow pilots (say a squad tuned squad channel only or even just a bunch of detuned fellows. Detuned=range vox mute, might as well be the same thing) then a fight ensues where -no one- talks back.

Even though situational, I think the loss of range hurts both parties here. Not just the one that de tunes, but those trying to communicate to said person too.

Tho idk just imhofyi type stuffs.     I don't really care either way.
                                                         :salute
Edit grammar and such.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 11:48:42 PM by TWC_Angel »
IGN: Angel
DGSII: I./JG1
-=Top*Gun=-
"Guaranteed, knock-down-dragged-out dogfight.       
       Every time."    ((♥ That 190))

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 03:02:39 AM »
how about just a slider to control the volume of just the range.  a slider to control the volume of the vox and one for range.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Petrol

• Zinc Member
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2014, 03:05:03 AM »
This wish seems to have started quite a spat...

Maybe a slight tweek to the original wish.  Have temporary mute.
Say 15 seconds?

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2014, 03:10:48 AM »
I agree with BnZ that I see NO advantage to be had other than that person might be able to concentrate more clearly.

ow about just a slider to control the volume of just the range.  a slider to control the volume of the vox and one for range.
+1

I have Range beep off and Channel beep on. It helps me concentrate.  :old:

LtngRydr
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:14:03 AM by Lab Rat 3947 »
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"