Author Topic: changing sides  (Read 1763 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
changing sides
« on: September 29, 2014, 01:32:09 AM »
If you change sides and you have been on another side for months you should be given a different icon :old:

Like a quarentine marker :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: changing sides
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2014, 04:20:24 AM »
If you stay on the same side permanently you should be issued with a tin foil hat.     :old:
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2014, 06:01:31 AM »
 :lol
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2014, 10:41:21 AM »
If you change sides and you have been on another side for months you should be given a different icon :old:

sounds like a wish zack-wrong forum
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »

scary thought, what if the guys just jumps from country to country to spy? :noid :noid :noid :noid :noid

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2014, 11:03:19 AM »
I'm sure there are instances of players changing sides to spy, but there are also players that have more than one account that they might use towards that same end. Changing sides to spy is somewhat nullified as you need to wait an hour to switch sides, with the exception of the Allied vs. Axis arena.

Being a scum sucking side- switcher myself, I don't get those that feel bound to stay on one side out of some misguided sense of loyalty. Where's the fun when your side has a major numbers advantage over the others? That's why I generally switch to the lowest numbered side.

It looks particularly ridiculous when it gets as it often is in the Midwar arena with only one side having ANY players. Then the side with all the players goes around taking all the undefended bases. I just don't get that. I have to wonder what players like that did in high school sports? Make up a football team and play against nobody? Wouldn't it make more sense to switch sides so you have somebody to shoot at?

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2014, 11:06:20 AM »
Does this different icon come with its own country? If so, where do I sign!!?  :D

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2014, 11:08:34 AM »
I'm sure there are instances of players changing sides to spy, but there are also players that have more than one account that they might use towards that same end. Changing sides to spy is somewhat nullified as you need to wait an hour to switch sides, with the exception of the Allied vs. Axis arena.

Being a scum sucking side- switcher myself, I don't get those that feel bound to stay on one side out of some misguided sense of loyalty. Where's the fun when your side has a major numbers advantage over the others? That's why I generally switch to the lowest numbered side.

It looks particularly ridiculous when it gets as it often is in the Midwar arena with only one side having ANY players. Then the side with all the players goes around taking all the undefended bases. I just don't get that. I have to wonder what players like that did in high school sports? Make up a football team and play against nobody? Wouldn't it make more sense to switch sides so you have somebody to shoot at?

Yeah I agree, whenever there is too much green I switch because I enjoy being outnumbered, it's real fun till the base is capped.

Oh and it's 12 hour side switch rules not one.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #8 on: September 29, 2014, 11:10:10 AM »
"Oh and it's 12 hour side switch rules not one".

I had no idea. I thought it was one hour in all but AvA. It is one hour in Midwar. I can guarantee you that.

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 29, 2014, 11:11:38 AM »
"Oh and it's 12 hour side switch rules not one".

I had no idea. I thought it was one hour in all but AvA. It is one hour in Midwar. I can guarantee you that.

Yeah just late war has 12.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2014, 12:48:37 PM »
What might work would be a have a check box on the opening screen before you select the arena that said "Put me where ever I am needed most"  The 12 hr rule would still apply.  Might backfire during map change is the only down side I can think of at the moment.

Offline Sg11

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2014, 10:56:03 AM »
If you stay on the same side permanently you should be issued with a tin foil hat.     :old:
Well spoken :)

Offline xtyger

• Nickel Member
      • Fred's Humboldt Blog
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2014, 11:46:27 AM »
What might work would be a have a check box on the opening screen before you select the arena that said "Put me where ever I am needed most" 

That could cause someone some grief, although I appreciate where you're coming from.

Back when I first became a scum sucking side- switcher I used to switch to the lowest numbered side as soon as I logged in. It didn't take me long to realize that wasn't such a good idea. Sometimes the side with one or zero players on it is limited to a place on the map where nothing is happening.

For instance, Rooks would have 0 on so I'd switch to rooks. Problem was, despite having 0 players, nothing was going on with the Rook side. Knights and Bish might be having a knock down dragout on the other side of the map and there you sit trying to find a fight. It could also be the lowest side is in a bad situation with few bases and those they do have aren't close enough to the action to get something going.

More than once I'd switch to the low side and there I would sit for an hour waiting to switch again. I quickly learned to read the map and roster, check the layout and where the best possibility of a fight was. Not sure an automated system assigning the "needs most help" would be able to avoid that.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2014, 01:36:59 PM »
Xtyger, your point is a good one.

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2014, 03:20:46 PM »
OMG. Don't tell anyone. Some people are playing AH in a way that some other people playing AH don't get.  :noid

IT'S A OUTRAGE!
Retired