Author Topic: I hope I didn't miss it but..... LAG  (Read 1225 times)

Offline SkyWolf_WM

• Zinc Member
      • Dunno
I hope I didn't miss it but..... LAG
« on: October 03, 2014, 02:45:21 PM »
I'm experience a loss of input control. Pull back on the stick... nothin'.... the BOOM it tries to go vertical like an F-16. I can take off.... but then can barely turn 180° and return to the strip

*************** FAIL TO SUCK *************

Offline SkyWolf_WM

• Zinc Member
      • Dunno
Re: I hope I didn't miss it but..... LAG
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2014, 02:46:37 PM »
Guess I used the wrong image format.

Tracert sucks.... Times out

Ping times out

Thanks

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2014, 03:40:30 PM »
I was able to display your jpegs.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2014, 04:04:49 PM »
Input control and the connection to the servers are completely separate things.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,68316.0.html contains the IP addresses of the various servers.

I reviewed the film you sent and sent you an email.  Here is the response I sent:
-----------------------
Wrong server.  Use 71.252.137.146.  It is one of the game servers.

That said, let me explain a couple of things.  Aces High is not a server based game where the server is flying your plane.  Your plane is all controlled on your computer.  The ping/traces have nothing to do with control inputs.

That said, I reviewed the film and see you are getting the dreaded, "Don't move your controls so quickly".  This message also causes the game to ignore control inputs for a short period of time.  If you are having a difficult time controlling the velocity of the stick motion, you can add damping or deadband to the affected axis using the games Options->Controls->Map Controllers->Advanced panel.

Simply open Options->Controls->Map Controllers.  Make sure your stick is selected from the drop down list at the top of the clipboard.  Then select the X or Y axis and check the "Advanced" checkbox.  This opens a flap on the clipboard with a lot of sliders on it.  The only ones you should be concerned with are the "Damping" and "Dead Band" sliders.

There are two graphs to the right.  The left graph shows the stick raw input and the right graph shows what the input looks like after you adjust the two sliders we are talking about here.

Dead band:  It creates a dead spot around the stick, so that any motion of the stick, in that dead spot, is ignored.
Damping:  Creates a velocity ramp which slows the rate of the input.

I hope that helps.  If you need more information, please feel free to ask.  There are a number of people here who know this topic very well.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2014, 04:06:32 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2014, 04:23:18 PM »
Keep in mind that the best way to avoid "Don't move your controls so quickly" is by simply moving your stick slower. It takes practice to undo old habits but it will become a new habit.

Offline SkyWolf_WM

• Zinc Member
      • Dunno
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2014, 11:40:59 PM »
That is the problem. I've been Beta Testing a ridiculous excuse for a flight sim for the last two years. It's a yank and crank, pray and spray clusterflock that has been released and is now about 2 months away from being next to farmville or whatever on Facebook. Actually it's closer to Super Mario Cart wif pwanes. Early on it was passable.... And without over sharing I need simplicity as I have developed a terminal degenerative Brain Disease (TMI). I'm hoping I can get the hang of this again.

My Logitech 3D Pro is also way too sensitive and twitchy as hades. I'm slowly getting it dialed in.
I forgot this is not a Server Side game. I'm afraid I've forgotten almost everything.

Offline SkyWolf_WM

• Zinc Member
      • Dunno
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2014, 11:43:51 PM »
Heh... Oh yeah.

THANKS!

Told ya I was brain dead.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2014, 02:37:29 PM »
I wonder if a joystick visual feedback app couldn't be written for this game? Essentially you have a visual something to look at while you move your joystick. And to one side you have sliders to allow you to adjust scaling\deadB\delay while looking at the outcome in something better than the two red lines that go up and down under the advanced check box. Also an axis HUD showing your raw input to watch for real time spiking.

Yes many of us just put the plane in auto level and pull up the scaling to make tweeks. And if you know about it you can use the Ju87-G2 on full zoom targeting a tank drone offline to fine tune because the heavy guns under the wings magnify stick issues. But, the OP represents an ongoing player issue since I've been in the game and on these forums. Maybe the visual representation is a fighter\IL2class attacker\mediumB\heavyB in a 3D bubble that he can choose different speeds to subject the model to, then saving to modes 1-4. Or add a few more modes. Then the player can rotate it to look at the results so he can see nose bounce from spiking and other issues normal to joysticks and rudder controllers. I might even advocate each plane has it's own specific adjustable mode that loads with it.

I keep forgetting to do it other than offline but, it helps to map to modes 1-4 so you can have slightly different scaling for bombers, IL2, Ju87G2, 110, 410, mossi6. Then fighters. One of those things I discovered offline with the B-25H, IL2, and Ju87G2. I would go: note to self, remember to map different scaling's to modes 1-4. Yeppers like I remembered to.

A fighter is not an IL2 is not a B-25H is not a B17 is not a B29.

So HiTech if you read this. Yeppers, you have really given us all of it. Just not in easy mode packages so the uninitiated can get up to speed ASAP. That old complaint that only the long time vets are any good at this game. Some of it is they figured this out after years of beating their heads against the learning curve. Sorry it took me so long to see it and make my game life that much easier. There has got to be an easier way to let new players in on all of this to keep them around. :salute
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2014, 03:20:10 PM »
Your Logitec stick is very sensitive. Increase the damping on aileron, elevator and rudder axes by 5%. Practice offline until you get the feel. Keep an eye on the G-meter while buzzing around the AI. Stay under 3 g's.

Offline MK-84

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 11:36:41 PM »
Heh... Oh yeah.

THANKS!

Told ya I was brain dead.

Adding to the "don't move your controls rapidly" which forcibly slows (drastically) control inputs.  Banging the stick from one side to the other is not something that an experienced pilot does in AH. Not because of that message, but because you are usually so fast that doing so yanks the wings off of your plane, or you are slow enough that it induces an immediate stall.  In between of those two extremes is the risk of blacking out.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2014, 12:14:48 PM »
You can move your stick as fast as possible without triggering the message as long as you don't immediately repeat it twice. It does not interfere with "normal" controller movement. It just prevents you from quickly repeating full stick or rudder deflection.

The control lock is also tied to your stall speed so as you get slower you can move the stick more without it locking up. This is why it doesn't lock up on the runway.

To test the limits for your controller setup fly offline or in the TA and find the minimum movement required to lock up your controls. Remember to test your rudder control as well as your stick.

If you add damping then your controller response will always be slower than the stick movement. Use minimal damping and learn to avoid the lock by controlling yourself.

Offline SkyWolf_WM

• Zinc Member
      • Dunno
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2014, 10:19:41 PM »

If you add damping then your controller response will always be slower than the stick movement. Use minimal damping and learn to avoid the lock by controlling yourself.

Adding a buttload of damping has been the ONLY way I can get this stick to stop bouncing around like a bronco with a bee up it's fanny. That and lowering the stick axis scaling to MINIMAL THROWS.

This stick is crazy.
I know some off my problem is from beta testing a yank and crank pile of poo but this bounce is UNREAL.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 01:12:57 AM »
What kind of stick?

Did you calibrate each axis in the advanced controller setup?

Try turning off scaling or just using the default scaling.

Offline SkyWolf_WM

• Zinc Member
      • Dunno
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2014, 08:02:16 AM »
What kind of stick?

Did you calibrate each axis in the advanced controller setup?

Try turning off scaling or just using the default scaling.

Logitech 3D Pro

Yes

Didit.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2014, 09:45:48 AM »
When I first started using my Logitech 3d pro...I hated it...I was so jerky that I couldn't hit anything...so I adjusted all my deadband and dampening to compensate for it...well that was a terrible idea for me...it caused me to be over aggressive with the stick and really screwed up my shooting...so I defaulted it back and taught myself to fly with it sensitive...

Now on another note...no matter what stick I'm using (I have a FFB2 also) I always calibrate it before I take off...I NEVER do not calibrate before I take off the first time...it's probably superstition but it makes me at ease because I have lost too many planes over the years relying on my stick to stay calibrated (I usually walk off after I take off lol)

An easy hand on your joystick is a must...it is very frustrating for the first 2 or so years of playing with the 3d pro, but in my case messing with the deadband and dampening is a mistake (for me)

As far as your yaw (twist) this is the most troublesome of the 3d pro...I messed with it for a loooong time trying everything to stop the slight rudder inputs for killing every shot I made...but after several months of training my hand to compensate for the super-sensitivity of the twist...it has made my rudder control of the plane a non-thinking action...

The 3d pro for the money is awesome...if I were rich......................... ............................. .........I wouldn't play this game   :bolt:    I would count my money... :rofl :rofl

Good luck  :salute
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde