Author Topic: Anyone looking to buy my bike?  (Read 2487 times)

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
Anyone looking to buy my bike?
« on: October 06, 2014, 11:46:31 PM »
I have a buell 1125r that I rode once and decided I'm not cut out for motorcycles lol

Clean, fast bike!
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
Re: Anyone looking to buy my bike?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2014, 12:01:10 AM »
Always liked the idea of a Bell, they are pleasantly quirky. I'll have it if you want rid. Just drop it off any time.

Why are you quitting bikes if you don't mind me asking?  How long have you been riding?  Did you have a scare?
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2014, 12:36:19 AM »
Always liked the idea of a Bell, they are pleasantly quirky. I'll have it if you want rid. Just drop it off any time.

Why are you quitting bikes if you don't mind me asking?  How long have you been riding?  Did you have a scare?
Hehehe small delivery fee :)

and I ride dirt bikes and snowmobiles and i gave street bikes a try... I have been riding off road dirt bikes all my life, yes the scare was being able to do 100mph in second gear LOL
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2014, 10:35:42 AM »
yeah see, picking an unfaired bike with....is that seriously a single front disc?!   And that rear sprocket looks almost as big as the wheel, the front cog must have about 3 teeth on it.

Wrong bike for going fast on, however you look at it.   Try a middleweight Jap bike, CBR600 or something you can really throw around like one of those Italian 250s.  If ya dont wanna spend much, an old KR-1S or RGV250 are stupid amounts of fun.

« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 10:44:52 AM by Swoop »

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2014, 10:39:19 AM »
 Before you get rid of the Buell,you may want to look into all the class action suits against Buell.

This is not a bike for a first time rider,I'm talking about street riding as dirt has little to do with riding on the street!  Sure the experience of dirtbiking can help develope riding skills but it's those 4 wheeled vehicles that cause the biggest difference.

You would have been better off getting something less than a 3/4 liter bike! Atleast untill you have 10 or 20 thousand miles of road experience.

:salute

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2014, 10:44:31 AM »
What Morph said.  That's a silly bike at the best of times, for a new road rider it could well be lethal.

That's a 1,100cc rotary engine, right?  Basically a very slightly smaller version of what Mazda used to put in the RX-7.  It's got no fairing to deflect wind, it's got a single front disc (cannot convey just how nuts that idea is), weird ratios and....to me anyway, the rake and trail doesn't look right.  I bet that thing is a b*tch to get to turn.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2014, 11:00:32 AM »
What Morph said.  That's a silly bike at the best of times, for a new road rider it could well be lethal.

That's a 1,100cc rotary engine, right?  Basically a very slightly smaller version of what Mazda used to put in the RX-7.  It's got no fairing to deflect wind, it's got a single front disc (cannot convey just how nuts that idea is), weird ratios and....to me anyway, the rake and trail doesn't look right.  I bet that thing is a b*tch to get to turn.

Actually swoop that's either a rotax Vtwin or a harley...... the rotax version that buell builds has almost 180rwhp!

PS: that's a belt drive,the reason it has such a large pulley out back,IIRC it uses a 13 cog front!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 11:03:00 AM by morfiend »

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2014, 11:22:08 AM »
Nice bike.  I'd prefer a Triumph Daytona though.   :aok

Good luck with your sale.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2014, 11:31:04 AM »

PS: that's a belt drive

Nooooooo....!   Really?!   Christ alive.  The last bike I saw a belt drive on was a GPz305 in 1990. 

Offline Swoop

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2014, 11:35:35 AM »
That's def not the Harley motor, must be a Rotax. 

So....180bhp, no fairing, a single front disc and belt drive.  Do Buell salesmen stand out in front of showrooms waiting for people who look kinda depressed and suicidal....or just one's with SUCKER written on their foreheads?

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2014, 11:51:50 AM »
It is belt driven and it is the V-twin rotary motor.  Tons of torque lol

The front brake is massive in comparison of the rear, never had an issue with stopping the bike. 
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2014, 12:08:57 PM »

Nooooooo....!   Really?!   Christ alive.  The last bike I saw a belt drive on was a GPz305 in 1990.  

Plenty of harleys have belt drive!

If it's the rotax,it's pretty much the same motor that KMT has,the spyder uses a slightly smaller less powerfull version of the same unit. The rotax 990 gets punched out to 1100 cc and a few other little bits done to it.  They are great motors until you have a problem...... :devil

PS: just checked the specs,it's the 120 hp version of the halcion motor!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2014, 12:11:47 PM by morfiend »

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2014, 12:44:26 PM »
Beautiful bike/color, mang.

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2014, 12:57:20 PM »

Plenty of harleys have belt drive!

If it's the rotax,it's pretty much the same motor that KMT has,the spyder uses a slightly smaller less powerfull version of the same unit. The rotax 990 gets punched out to 1100 cc and a few other little bits done to it.  They are great motors until you have a problem...... :devil

PS: just checked the specs,it's the 120 hp version of the halcion motor!
There is an ecm tune on it bumps it to ~150hp
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline danny76

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2014, 01:29:50 PM »
That's def not the Harley motor, must be a Rotax. 

So....180bhp, no fairing, a single front disc and belt drive.  Do Buell salesmen stand out in front of showrooms waiting for people who look kinda depressed and suicidal....or just one's with SUCKER written on their foreheads?

Rim brakes are sufficiently powerful as to only need a single disc. Imagine spinning a cycle wheel then grabbing the tire to stop it,
Compare that with sticking your fingers in the spokes near the hub
"You kill 'em all, I'll eat the BATCO!"
The GFC

"Not within a thousand years will man ever fly" - Wilbur Wright