Author Topic: Scenario Awards  (Read 1523 times)

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
Scenario Awards
« on: November 05, 2014, 08:03:32 PM »
Scenarios are a HUGE deal around AH. They don't come very often and are even more strategic than FSO. Can we get some AH sponsored awards for top pilots? Axis/allied kills (For fighters) then a most damage done in bombers?

Maybe a free month of AH or a T-shirt or something along those lines.

JUST AN IDEA.

:salute
JRjolly

3./JG 53 cheerleader - Battle Over The Winter Line - FLY AXIS - JRjolly

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
Re: Scenario Awards
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2014, 03:49:08 PM »
Scenarios are a HUGE deal around AH. They don't come very often and are even more strategic than FSO. Can we get some AH sponsored awards for top pilots? Axis/allied kills (For fighters) then a most damage done in bombers?

JUST AN IDEA.

JRjolly

What does CiC get in the event of a won scenario?
Top Gun

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2014, 04:06:20 PM »

Exactly. The top pilots and strategic committee should be rewarded.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2014, 04:08:50 PM »

Satisfaction
Wag more, bark less.

Offline DarkHawk

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2014, 05:45:09 PM »
From Well planned Missions
49DHawk
XO for BOWL (DHawk)

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2014, 06:08:03 PM »
Yea satisfaction comes with the win. Like everything. lol

But the true "winners" should  be the one to recieve something for their succesful efforts.

Like I said, It's just an idea.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2014, 07:02:10 PM »
Can we get some AH sponsored awards for top pilots? Axis/allied kills (For fighters) then a most damage done in bombers?

JUST AN IDEA.

I am totally against it. Heck, I'm not even a big fan of having logs released at all, much less at the end of scenario. I'd rather have each side following instructions and working together as a team instead of a bunch of independent glory hounds. I'd strongly urge you to re-examine the reason you want to fly in a scenario before you ruin the event for yourself, or anyone else.

If tangible awards do get implemented it will be the end of scenarios for me.

Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2014, 07:28:04 PM »
If things work out the way I hope, we'll start the Scenario Patches back up, it's been a bit of a rough year for so many people we got away from that.
In the immediate future, there isn't much in the way of swag to pass out like was done many years back, with luck, this could change.
But not this time.  There are some things planned for the major campaigns being readied for the next event once the new version is released.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2014, 07:30:24 PM »
I'm with Del,

This is a team event in which everyone has to do their own part.  Glory hounds need not apply, team players welcome and appreciated :aok

BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline jolly22

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2014, 07:40:18 PM »
I am totally against it. Heck, I'm not even a big fan of having logs released at all, much less at the end of scenario. I'd rather have each side following instructions and working together as a team instead of a bunch of independent glory hounds. I'd strongly urge you to re-examine the reason you want to fly in a scenario before you ruin the event for yourself, or anyone else.

If tangible awards do get implemented it will be the end of scenarios for me.

I'm more or less looking for an incentive to get more people to join the scenario. Not so much as to needing some kind of award for being a great pilot in this scenario.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2014, 02:51:54 PM »
I'm with Del,

This is a team event in which everyone has to do their own part.  Glory hounds need not apply, team players welcome and appreciated :aok

BigRat

This +eleventy.  The gameplay is its own reward.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2014, 07:25:52 PM »
I agree with Del & Rat.
To me its about the team effort, the immersion, reliving history. That is my reward.
However, if there was patch available, that anyone could buy to commerate their participation, I could go for that. :old:

LtngRydr

OTWL
1st FG
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2014, 07:42:57 PM »
Teamwork is the only reason and the main thrust behind AH Scenarios.  A chance to work together with folks that you usually are shooting at, or have never come across in game.  If you have never shared airspace with the guys in the Black Knights, or the Finns...well you have not experienced a Scenario to it's fullest.  This is not to say that friendly competition is bad, no...but friendly and contained within the greater framework of the larger side effort...is the overriding concern, and reward when one participates in an AH event like this.  I remember during DGSII the Finns and my boys found ourselves working together against the allied raiders and the common range vox transmission when encountering the enemy was, "We'll race ya!"   ....  That's the spirit of the event...not personal victories or accomplishments, but good natured hard fought action...alongside pilots you may never have flown a mission with before.

If you want awards...run down to the local trophy shop and order up some nice gestures for the guys who designed the event, the guys who host the event, and the guys who take on the side CO roles.  All the rest of us here, are just recipients of their hard work and sacrificed time.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Hajo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2014, 05:54:32 PM »
Teamwork is the only reason and the main thrust behind AH Scenarios.  A chance to work together with folks that you usually are shooting at, or have never come across in game.  If you have never shared airspace with the guys in the Black Knights, or the Finns...well you have not experienced a Scenario to it's fullest.  This is not to say that friendly competition is bad, no...but friendly and contained within the greater framework of the larger side effort...is the overriding concern, and reward when one participates in an AH event like this.  I remember during DGSII the Finns and my boys found ourselves working together against the allied raiders and the common range vox transmission when encountering the enemy was, "We'll race ya!"   ....  That's the spirit of the event...not personal victories or accomplishments, but good natured hard fought action...alongside pilots you may never have flown a mission with before.

If you want awards...run down to the local trophy shop and order up some nice gestures for the guys who designed the event, the guys who host the event, and the guys who take on the side CO roles.  All the rest of us here, are just recipients of their hard work and sacrificed time.

Well said!
- The Flying Circus -

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2014, 05:10:50 AM »

AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell