Author Topic: Scenario Awards  (Read 1522 times)

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
Re: Scenario Awards
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2014, 09:29:23 AM »
Teamwork is the only reason and the main thrust behind AH Scenarios.  A chance to work together with folks that you usually are shooting at, or have never come across in game.  If you have never shared airspace with the guys in the Black Knights, or the Finns...well you have not experienced a Scenario to it's fullest.  This is not to say that friendly competition is bad, no...but friendly and contained within the greater framework of the larger side effort...is the overriding concern, and reward when one participates in an AH event like this.  I remember during DGSII the Finns and my boys found ourselves working together against the allied raiders and the common range vox transmission when encountering the enemy was, "We'll race ya!"   ....  That's the spirit of the event...not personal victories or accomplishments, but good natured hard fought action...alongside pilots you may never have flown a mission with before.

If you want awards...run down to the local trophy shop and order up some nice gestures for the guys who designed the event, the guys who host the event, and the guys who take on the side CO roles.  All the rest of us here, are just recipients of their hard work and sacrificed time.

:aok

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2014, 08:12:50 AM »
Teamwork is the only reason and the main thrust behind AH Scenarios.  A chance to work together with folks that you usually are shooting at, or have never come across in game.  If you have never shared airspace with the guys in the Black Knights, or the Finns...well you have not experienced a Scenario to it's fullest.  This is not to say that friendly competition is bad, no...but friendly and contained within the greater framework of the larger side effort...is the overriding concern, and reward when one participates in an AH event like this.  I remember during DGSII the Finns and my boys found ourselves working together against the allied raiders and the common range vox transmission when encountering the enemy was, "We'll race ya!"   ....  That's the spirit of the event...not personal victories or accomplishments, but good natured hard fought action...alongside pilots you may never have flown a mission with before.

If you want awards...run down to the local trophy shop and order up some nice gestures for the guys who designed the event, the guys who host the event, and the guys who take on the side CO roles.  All the rest of us here, are just recipients of their hard work and sacrificed time.

:aok

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2014, 07:52:03 PM »
What does CiC get in the event of a won scenario?

People continuously bugging him thereafter to do it again.   :rolleyes:
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2014, 08:20:44 PM »
The side CO's - win or lose...and I have flown in over a dozen of these now and honestly couldn't tell you which ones my side won or lost - always get at least one very awesome reward for their efforts in a Scenario, and that is - new life long friends.  I suppose each of us must place our own value on that perk.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2014, 11:42:10 PM »
The side CO's - win or lose...and I have flown in over a dozen of these now and honestly couldn't tell you which ones my side won or lost - always get at least one very awesome reward for their efforts in a Scenario, and that is - new life long friends.  I suppose each of us must place our own value on that perk.

Very well said.  :salute
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2014, 12:04:37 AM »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline aztec

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2014, 08:44:49 AM »
Wow.  You really really liked that quote huh?
Lol, sorry for double post.