Author Topic: Registration Issues - Solutions  (Read 473 times)

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Registration Issues - Solutions
« on: November 06, 2014, 08:16:31 PM »
Some people are having trouble with registration. This isn't new, it seems to happen and we fix the problems as they arise.

There are two issues that I am fixing on a regular basis, one is system error, one is player error.

There have been, on occasion, a player who un-registers or moves sides, from time to time, when a player is moved, the old slot still appears filled.  Sometimes adding an extra slot and filling it will clear up the problem. It's worked occasionally and you may, from time to time, see more slots available in a team than there should be.  Stampfs group is a good example, shows 13 slots with 1 open.  Nope, it has twelve slots, and until the system clears, that open slot can't be filled.

Another one I hit regularly is a slot filled, but no player name showing and "." appears.  The slot is filled by registering but the player never confirmed the registration that came in his/her email so the slot is filled with, essentially, a ghost.  Often, I can't even track who the player is.  I fixed one just now by going in and manually fixing his registration and his space filled in with his name.  If you can't see your name on the roster but did register, check to make sure you completed your registration, look in the spam filter.  Pay particular attention to Hotmail addresses, they don't play well with HTC.

So if there are registration issues, please be patient, they can be fixed and sometimes it takes a bit of kicking and threats to the server, but it can be done.

Please keep in touch with your Side COs so that they know you are on their team while working through any oddities in the registration system.
Send registration issues to me, I'll get them cleaned up.
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.