Author Topic: Merlins to Malta Frame 1 Comments  (Read 1136 times)

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Merlins to Malta Frame 1 Comments
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2014, 01:18:45 AM »
Individually difficult to score because logs do not specify what kind of ship sunk and does not log cargo ships at all.

Actually the Public logs do log the cargo ships, But they don't display which ships they were. But, the Private CM logs do display Ships by number which allow me to know which ships have been destroyed.  :salute :cheers:
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline viking73

• Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2014, 02:34:28 AM »
Actually the Public logs do log the cargo ships, But they don't display which ships they were. But, the Private CM logs do display Ships by number which allow me to know which ships have been destroyed.  :salute :cheers:

I thought there might be something for the CM in the private logs. Then what is a "non-strat structure"? Thought that might be a cargo ship. The first ship I dived on was a destroyer which i got it's guns and got a ship destroyed message. But when i looked back the destroyer was still visible. One of our guys (Ruah) dropped on the Cruiser, got a ship destroyed, landed and came back and the Cruiser was still up. He dropped on it and got another ship destroyed message. But looking back (as his gunner) the Cruiser was still afloat. Very odd. These large fleets are cool tho.
T2Maw
80th FS {OM-KNIGHTS} Kommando Nowotny {FSO}/{CCS}
S.A.P.P.
Air Warrior 1996, Aces High 2000
Skin Designer

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2014, 09:38:18 AM »
Then what is a "non-strat structure"? Thought that might be a cargo ship.

Non-Strats are the random buildings/objects at airfields that don't fall into the the Strat system. They can also be custom objects created by HTC or the Terrain Team. While the Cargo Ships are custom in the Italy terrain, they are classified as ships in the logs.

The first ship I dived on was a destroyer which i got it's guns and got a ship destroyed message. But when i looked back the destroyer was still visible. One of our guys (Ruah) dropped on the Cruiser, got a ship destroyed, landed and came back and the Cruiser was still up. He dropped on it and got another ship destroyed message. But looking back (as his gunner) the Cruiser was still afloat. Very odd. These large fleets are cool tho.

That is odd, Task forces don't seem to work in AH films but it is something that could be tested by the Terrain team.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!