Author Topic: My gripes since returning.  (Read 2564 times)

Offline palef

• Gold Member
Re: My gripes since returning.
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2014, 03:54:52 AM »
. If I rode a Honda sportsbike for 15 years and decided to go to another Brand and Model, I am pretty positive Honda would want to know why.

No, they don't care. They make their money in places other than Europe or the US. Their major effort goes into China and India. The models we get in the "West" are a tiny fraction of their overall sales and could be regarded as technology demonstrators. The only person who'll give a damn is the local dealer.
Retired

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 22, 2014, 04:31:20 AM »
Semp is correct. Many uber skillz players jumped sides to the high number side to get kills. Jumping to the low number side to help out was a polite lie for these forums.

When you have 'uber skillz' the place to look for would be a huge red darbar, not a huge green one. With that skill level, get your kills by clubbing 30 man noe missions, and not by being in one and competing with all of them to kill that single defender...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Coalcat1

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: November 22, 2014, 06:12:42 AM »
12 hour rule is absurd.
This, and sadly anyone who will even speak of it will get banned, it has made many leave.

Offline DaCoon

• Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: November 22, 2014, 07:05:00 AM »
gman the whole thing about re-balancing the sides is pure bs.  I used to switch every hour back when we had it and it was never to balance the side or due to the lack of fights.  the reason was just to get more kills.  and I saw a lot of guys who supposedly switched to balance the sides, or is what they say now,  doing the same thing. how do I know?  because we flew together and we would talk about switching to kills the guys that we had just been flying with.  

semp

I've been paying and playing for about 7 to 7-1/2 yrs under various callsigns changed for various reasons.  but semp is correct in this as a lot of us used to do this kinda regularly.  switching sides to kill guys we had just been flying with.   people got P/O'd but we all pretty much were still on talking terms to say the very least.

just my $.02 worth and now I'm going back out to get in my truck grab another load and roam around this big 'ol back yard of mine known as the good 'ol US ofA.     :salute    :cheers:    :bolt:
AKDaCoon of the Arabian Knights

MA & FSO 😎

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: November 22, 2014, 07:46:51 AM »
This, and sadly anyone who will even speak of it will get banned, it has made many leave.

Incorrect on both counts. Whether you love, loathe or are indifferent, the 12 hr side switch limitation was a decision made by HTC. It's their sandbox. A few players went toe to toe with Hitech and Skuzzy on the BB and despite multiple warnings, continued to rub HTC's nose in IT. They fell on their swords (for whatever reason) and were PNG'd. I'm not aware of anyone, banned from the game over the matter.

As for "it has made many leave", I grant you some have left due to this issue. They chose to vote with their wallets, which is their prerogative. Many? Hardly.

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #50 on: November 22, 2014, 07:54:47 AM »
Incorrect on both counts. Whether you love, loathe or are indifferent, the 12 hr side switch limitation was a decision made by HTC. It's their sandbox. A few players went toe to toe with Hitech and Skuzzy on the BB and despite multiple warnings, continued to rub HTC's nose in IT. They fell on their swords (for whatever reason) and were PNG'd. I'm not aware of anyone, banned from the game over the matter.

As for "it has made many leave", I grant you some have left due to this issue. They chose to vote with their wallets, which is their prerogative. Many? Hardly.

You polled all of the people who left?  Nevermind...don't answer that.

It made some people leave, some people leaving resulted in other people leaving because numbers dropped, low numbers caused others to take their normal breaks, numbers continued to fall so more people left.  the rule then affected others because they wanted to equalize some fights or defenses of bases but could not due to the rule.  

It easily saw CONTINUED action in the MA decrease.  Action decreases, people leave.  It is nice to see the numbers a little higher lately but that happens every winter.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 07:57:34 AM by Changeup »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #51 on: November 22, 2014, 07:58:47 AM »
I've been paying and playing for about 7 to 7-1/2 yrs under various callsigns changed for various reasons.  but semp is correct in this as a lot of us used to do this kinda regularly.  switching sides to kill guys we had just been flying with.   people got P/O'd but we all pretty much were still on talking terms to say the very least.

just my $.02 worth and now I'm going back out to get in my truck grab another load and roam around this big 'ol back yard of mine known as the good 'ol US ofA.     :salute    :cheers:    :bolt:

Truth is, it was rarely about balancing the sides...it was almost always about getting to action and action was against the high numbers. 

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #52 on: November 22, 2014, 08:33:16 AM »

Speaking of it doesn't get you banned, being obnoxious, rude and condescending to the OWNERS of the company can how ever. A number of players went over board and caused their own trouble and so HTC took care of them. They were asked to tone it down and they didn't.

As for the rule, I too wish it could be changed. I don't know Hitech's reasoning for the 12 hours but I think if he posted a better reason why other than "that was the way it was before" it could go a long way in cooling these discussions. After all MOST of the people here are intelligent enough to follow a GOOD reason. If there isn't a good reason why not try a tour with it at 4 hours and see how it goes?

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 22, 2014, 08:41:03 AM »
You polled all of the people who left?  Nevermind...don't answer that.

Just for that, I'm answering  :devil

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: November 22, 2014, 08:43:31 AM »
My fun in MA ended two months after 12 hour rule was introduced. Only thing that kept my 15 bucks in HTC's account was FSO. If the 12 hour rule was changed to 1 hour today, I would strongly considering subscribing again.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: November 22, 2014, 08:44:19 AM »
***Face palm***

:rolleyes:
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: November 22, 2014, 08:47:49 AM »
I sincerely hope that the 12 hour rule is changed at some point. If HTC could conduct a series of tests to see if it balances or causes an imbalance in gameplay, that would be ideal. Until then, you can find me goggled up and killing Camels elsewhere.

:airplane:
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2014, 08:48:20 AM »
Well, I'm back and excited as ever..  :banana:

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2014, 09:02:32 AM »
I sincerely hope that the 12 hour rule is changed at some point. If HTC could conduct a series of tests to see if it balances or causes an imbalance in gameplay, that would be ideal. Until then, you can find me goggled up and killing Camels elsewhere.

:airplane:

Which would be a valid experiment if not for the basic fact that in prime time USA and weekends two of the sides ignore each other and double team the third.

What do you want to do?  Hop between gnats and rooks every hour just to fight bish?

Face it, you have an opportunity to change countries 3 times in 24:01 hours.  Exercise it.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2014, 10:12:40 AM »
Speaking of it doesn't get you banned, being obnoxious, rude and condescending to the OWNERS of the company can how ever. A number of players went over board and caused their own trouble and so HTC took care of them. They were asked to tone it down and they didn't.

As for the rule, I too wish it could be changed. I don't know Hitech's reasoning for the 12 hours but I think if he posted a better reason why other than "that was the way it was before" it could go a long way in cooling these discussions. After all MOST of the people here are intelligent enough to follow a GOOD reason. If there isn't a good reason why not try a tour with it at 4 hours and see how it goes?

HTC DID in fact answer this question and "that's the way it was before" was not their response. 

If you choose to go find this thread with the answer in it, know this for certain...it is not a cause worth taking up, lol for surely you will burn in HTC BBS hell. 

HTC alluded to investigating changing this rule when the new version comes out.  My suggestion to those that enjoy their BBS privs is to leave it alone until that time.  After that, I believe it to be an open topic since that is when they said they'd investigate the possibility of changing it and one has to assume that input from the player base will be taken into consideration at that time.  If that is not the case, I'm sure they'll let the first OPer know immediately when they see the thread labeled:

"New Version is out, now what about that _____ Rule?"