Author Topic: Headsets. Good, reliable headsets.  (Read 3122 times)

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
Re: Headsets. Good, reliable headsets.
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2014, 02:17:39 AM »
Wow, that sucks...

But yes, I got them a couple weeks ago, and I got them used. The sound is actually not as good (IMO) as my last headset but it hasn't broken or cracked.

However, once these do break I'm giving up on surround headsets and going for something like this http://www.amazon.com/Superlux-HD668B-Dynamic-Semi-Open-Headphones/dp/B003JOETX8/ref=pd_ybh_3 with maybe something like this http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Microphones-Snowflake-USB-Microphone/dp/B0012AUHXW/ref=sr_1_73?ie=UTF8&qid=1419581697&sr=8-73&keywords=microphone
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Pudgie

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2014, 11:25:02 AM »
Will have a set of these at my doorstep tomorrow..................... ................

:salute

Been using these for approx. 3 1/2 weeks now & they sound FANTASTIC!
I love the closed cup design....when I put these on the background noise literally disappears & all you get is Sennheiser quality sound reproduction w/ much better bass response than my PC 350's had & the PC 350's were no slouch w/ bass either.........

I mean clean, distinct, powerful, positional sound reproduction. Just beautiful............they bring out the best of the Miles Sound system that AH uses. Love the headset located controls.....no more fumbling for the controls on the cable!

Solidly built, designed to fold up flat & came w/ a hard case to put them in to carry around to LAN parties as these are designed to be used w/ gaming but they are REALLY good at music reproduction as well.

The Creative SoundBlaster Zx sound card makes these things SING!

Yep the $239.95 price tag is steep but they're worth it to me.

My 2 cents........................ .

Win 10 Home 64, AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, GSkill FlareX 32Gb DDR4 3200 4x8Gb, XFX Radeon RX 6900X 16Gb, Samsung 950 Pro 512Gb NVMe PCI-E SSD (boot), Samsung 850 Pro 128Gb SATA SSD (pagefile), Creative SoundBlaster X7 DAC-AMP, Intel LAN, SeaSonic PRIME Gold 850W, all CLWC'd

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #47 on: January 03, 2015, 01:26:53 AM »
Thoroughly enjoying the Roccat Kave 5.1 through my Sound Blaster Zx.   I made the right choice and I am enjoying these even more in games, let alone music.    Took about an hour of fine tuning, but managed to source my OCD of Home Theater and get this dialed in.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #48 on: January 03, 2015, 07:31:56 AM »
Thoroughly enjoying the Roccat Kave 5.1 through my Sound Blaster Zx.   I made the right choice and I am enjoying these even more in games, let alone music.   

+1 through my onboard Realtek 5.1
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: January 03, 2015, 07:35:58 AM »
Well , I got to buy another headset today and after reading this I'm off to newegg to spend another five dollar's , lol .
Army of Muppets-"Failure is impossible"-Death before dishonor
         Lead follow or get out of the way  !!

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 03, 2015, 08:04:35 AM »
Well , I got to buy another headset today and after reading this I'm off to newegg to spend another five dollar's , lol .

Oh man you're killing your ears with that stuff.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: January 03, 2015, 08:15:07 AM »
Oh man you're killing your ears with that stuff.
I use PC speaker's . Really just need the mic .

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: January 03, 2015, 08:35:24 AM »
Hi,

I'm using headset found buying this:

http://www.trasportogratis.com/home/art1/0/12724/117893/LETTORE-MP3---SD-04GB-XTREME-27632-BLACK.html

As mic I want to resume or to buy a cheap webcam with mic.
Or, as an alternative, I'm think7ng  to unmount a mic from an old headset and fix it on my t-shirt
or track-ir hat.

mobilis in mobile

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: January 03, 2015, 08:42:10 AM »
I don't like to use just a heatset because I am watching TV the same time I am flying most of the time . Back when I did long milk runs and stuff like that . Get's boring fast .

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 03, 2015, 11:59:00 AM »
I use PC speaker's . Really just need the mic .

I used to do that. But the family kept complaining that it sounded like a war zone. LMAO
I have some weird acoustics going on in my house. Where you can hear sound in the next room almost better then you can in the room Im in. and vise verse
Even if Im watching TV in here and someone is watching TV in the living room. It soon becomes a volume war.
I'd just close the door if there were one to close. And I cant install one because the doorway that connects the two rooms is near the outside of the house where we have a sliding glass door that spans the two rooms.

So a headset is the only way to go
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: January 03, 2015, 12:00:24 PM »
I don't like to use just a heatset because I am watching TV the same time I am flying most of the time . Back when I did long milk runs and stuff like that . Get's boring fast .

I do the same thing. often what Ill do is cock one of the earpeices off to one side so I can hear both. then when I am about to enter combat I slide it back over my ear again
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: January 03, 2015, 12:03:28 PM »
Hi,

I'm using headset found buying this:

http://www.trasportogratis.com/home/art1/0/12724/117893/LETTORE-MP3---SD-04GB-XTREME-27632-BLACK.html

As mic I want to resume or to buy a cheap webcam with mic.
Or, as an alternative, I'm think7ng  to unmount a mic from an old headset and fix it on my t-shirt
or track-ir hat.

HOLY COW! WOW! FAR OUT!

What is it?

Sorry I dont speak or read spanish LOL
Death is no easy answer
It ain't pretty

Offline Flench

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: January 03, 2015, 02:08:17 PM »
I do the same thing. often what Ill do is cock one of the earpeices off to one side so I can hear both. then when I am about to enter combat I slide it back over my ear again
I was wondering if any one else did this . It's cost me more than a few time's tho , lol .

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: January 03, 2015, 07:35:41 PM »
Local shop here in Canada, NCIX (they have a US shop as well) has Sennheiser Game One and Game Zero sets on sale for 140$ off, which is less than half price. These are decent sets if you have a sound card or headphone amplifier - they'll work OK with onboard sound, just may be a little to quiet for some ears without amplification.  Excellent deal right now.