Author Topic: Just A Suggestion On The Rules  (Read 635 times)

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
Just A Suggestion On The Rules
« on: November 25, 2014, 08:51:53 PM »
I seem to remember that you could find the rules write-up for the current scenario somewhere on the AHEvents site.  I looked all over for it to no success. I then searched every last thread in ALL the scenario-related forums (excluding the Axis of course  :devil), and actually missed the magic diagram-link in the first Winter Line post twice before I finally noticed it.  IMO I spent way too much time in having to search for it. 

Could I suggest we get a clear link in both the AHEvents scenario area, and the same in a clearly marked thread in the forums.  As the critical reference the rules really need to be always available and in-your-face, easy-to-find by the participants if you expect them to read and follow them throughout the scenario.  Shouldn't have to try to remember where they are or search all over for them (even if it's our own simple-mindedness that's holding us back).  :bolt:
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
Re: Just A Suggestion On The Rules
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 09:06:34 PM »
I seem to remember that you could find the rules write-up for the current scenario somewhere on the AHEvents site.  I looked all over for it to no success. I then searched every last thread in ALL the scenario-related forums (excluding the Axis of course  :devil), and actually missed the magic diagram-link in the first Winter Line post twice before I finally noticed it.  IMO I spent way too much time in having to search for it. 

Could I suggest we get a clear link in both the AHEvents scenario area, and the same in a clearly marked thread in the forums.  As the critical reference the rules really need to be always available and in-your-face, easy-to-find by the participants if you expect them to read and follow them throughout the scenario.  Shouldn't have to try to remember where they are or search all over for them (even if it's our own simple-mindedness that's holding us back).  :bolt:

You mean this link?  :headscratch:

That would be in the scenario forum under the under the first post within the Battle Over the Winter Line Announcement thread.
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2014, 09:16:41 PM »
Yup, that would be the one I missed twice searching for it, because I couldn't remember where it was from my initial read of the forum several days earlier.  I remembered that I used to find the rules linked with the current scenario on the AHEvents website.  After I couldn't find it there and couldn't remember if or where I'd seen it in the forum, I searched a post that might have said, "Winter Line Scenario Rules", or something to that effect.  I finally hunted through all scenario-related forums post by post until I found the link. 
The link in the picture is clever and all, but it CAN be missed (yes, by idiots like me  :rock).  However, I don't think you'd want that to happen in the future, especially with any pilots willing to read the rules in the first place.  Ergo, my suggestion that we do a little more to make the rules un-missable (is that a word?) and even, unavoidable.

Thanks for your time and consideration.  We now return you to the world of reality.  How's that working out for ya?   ;)
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline swareiam

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2014, 09:29:39 PM »
Yup, that would be the one I missed twice searching for it, because I couldn't remember where it was from my initial read of the forum several days earlier.  I remembered that I used to find the rules linked with the current scenario on the AHEvents website.  After I couldn't find it there and couldn't remember if or where I'd seen it in the forum, I searched a post that might have said, "Winter Line Scenario Rules", or something to that effect.  I finally hunted through all scenario-related forums post by post until I found the link. 
The link in the picture is clever and all, but it CAN be missed (yes, by idiots like me  :rock).  However, I don't think you'd want that to happen in the future, especially with any pilots willing to read the rules in the first place.  Ergo, my suggestion that we do a little more to make the rules un-missable (is that a word?) and even, unavoidable.

Thanks for your time and consideration.  We now return you to the world of reality.  How's that working out for ya?   ;)

Sloehand,

Sir, we will make every effort to ensure that the event rules are visible in more than one place as well as clearly spelled out. You are certainly correct in that more visibility is better.

Thanks for your comments.

:salute
AKWarHwk of the Arabian Knights
Aces High Scenario, FSO, and Combat Challenge Teams
Don't let your ego get too close to your position, so that if your position gets shot down, your ego doesn't go with it. General Colin Powell