Author Topic: Why, oh why?  (Read 2404 times)

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
Re: Why, oh why?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2014, 06:50:27 PM »
The fact that players that switch sides gets a lot of PM accusing them for being spies is imo a bigger problem than the 12 hour rule. If u switch country u are not loyal to "the cause"...

completely inaccurate, I flew for over 10 years, only a few times was I loyal to one country, I spent most of my time hopping. The only country whose player base would accuse anyone? Bishop - not all players just the smash and grab newbies who whine about it, the rest of aces? doesn't care and welcome the change.
the low side numbers is one of the reasons I quit plus the 12 hour rule, not going to bother arguing over it - the way I see it; being I only could login once a day to find a fight, if i switched countries and the fight died down, that was the end of it for me. Not going to sit around waiting hours for something to happen.

We tried to put a good argument: switch within 12 hours, you dont get "war won" perks, hell even high eny planes... anything to get the time reduced; unfortunately the crusaders did more harm then good.

Back in the day, you had two servers to choose from, problem is when it merged to one server things started to go sour due to the time switch. The main reason is was good back then, the player numbers were through the roof. In 2013 (january) was last time I flew and there was hardly any numbers on.
(granted I flew only FSO and mid-day EST) which was mostly Aussies/europeans or empty.
JG 52

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2014, 07:06:19 PM »
I switch practically every 12 hours and its either, poison you bastard or glad to have you on green, or nothing at all. Either way it doesn't bother me and it shouldn't bother you, and if it does, squelch them.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:18:16 PM by xPoisonx »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2014, 07:14:36 PM »
I switch practically every 12 hours and its either, poison you bastard, glad to have you on green, or nothing at all. Either way it doesn't bother me and it shouldn't bother you, and if it does, squelch them.

Shut up poison

:D
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2014, 07:15:44 PM »
I switch practically every 12 hours and its either, poison you bastard, glad to have you on green, or nothing at all. Either way it doesn't bother me and it shouldn't bother you, and if it does, squelch them.

Guess that well known players that switch a lot sees this a lot less than a player that only do it once in a while.
''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 07:17:13 PM »

Guess that well known players that switch a lot sees this a lot less than a player that only do it once in a while.

I would say more actually, and it's really not a problem unless you have a glass shell... If you can survive long enough to squelch them it's just fine  :aok

EDIT: Maybe my previous post wasn't worded very well... Often there are people that yell at you for not being loyal to a virtual chess piece but usually it's from the same few players and it can be rather comical.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 07:22:55 PM by xPoisonx »

HiTech

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 07:19:07 PM »
I would say more actually, and it's really not a problem unless you have a glass shell... If you can survive long enough to squelch them it's just fine  :aok

Trolling is fun too though. :ahand
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 07:20:23 PM »

HiTech

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 07:40:21 PM »
I would say more actually, and it's really not a problem unless you have a glass shell... If you can survive long enough to squelch them it's just fine  :aok

EDIT: Maybe my previous post wasn't worded very well... Often there are people that yell at you for not being loyal to a virtual chess piece but usually it's from the same few players and it can be rather comical.

I don't take it so seriously and yes, its very easy to identify a small group of players doing it. (and for some reason those players seems to be hated by a lot of the big community...) But i still sees it as a bigger problem in general than the 12 hour rule.

''The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge'' - Stephen Hawking

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 07:44:36 PM »
I don't take it so seriously and yes, its very easy to identify a small group of players doing it. (and for some reason those players seems to be hated by a lot of the big community...) But i still sees it as a bigger problem in general than the 12 hour rule.

But how? It's not hurting people's gameplay, at least it shouldn't.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 07:48:54 PM »
If u are a new guy and get PM:s telling u that u are a spy and that noone will trust u etc etc. Isnt there a risk that the newbie leaves the (in his/her eyes) morons in the game and move on with life?

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 08:38:31 PM »
If u are a new guy and get PM:s telling u that u are a spy and that noone will trust u etc etc. Isnt there a risk that the newbie leaves the (in his/her eyes) morons in the game and move on with life?

That is correct, however this happens so rarely that it's not really a concern.

HiTech

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 08:53:31 PM »

No because anyone with half a brain would ask other players; the forums on whether its ok or not. I knew in 2004 nobody gave a crap about it; except a small group of the player base i.e base takers. Because people like me don't exactly need to "figure" out where these small hordes are headed. They take one base and there is only so many options to take the next; call for help and scramble a few fighters then it becomes the marianas turkey shoot which is why these "select" players whine like no tomarrow.
JG 52

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 09:19:55 PM »
No because anyone with half a brain would ask other players; the forums on whether its ok or not. I knew in 2004 nobody gave a crap about it; except a small group of the player base i.e base takers. Because people like me don't exactly need to "figure" out where these small hordes are headed. They take one base and there is only so many options to take the next; call for help and scramble a few fighters then it becomes the marianas turkey shoot which is why these "select" players whine like no tomarrow.

:lol Aah yes. That's when i got most of my PM:s. When the non-Noe horde got shot into pieces just after i switched. The dar bar and the fact that they had only one Vehicle spawn out of their newly captured base were apparently not enough to give their top secret mission away so it must have been a spy.  :noid

Offline Zimme83

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2014, 09:26:55 PM »
But back on topic: I don't see that having 6 hours btw team switches would change that much, it will be too long for some people anyway.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 10:20:56 PM »