Author Topic: DCS: MiG-15bis  (Read 1189 times)

Offline Russian

• Gold Member
DCS: MiG-15bis
« on: December 12, 2014, 05:21:49 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCukxxppGF0

Deloped in the years immediately following World War II, the MiG-15bis was a first-generation jet fighter designed by the Mikoyan-Gurevich design bureau of the Soviet Union. The MiG-15bis is a single engine, swept-wing jet that saw over 15,000 copies produced. The MiG-15 gained fame in the skies over Korea where it battled the F-86 Sabre and other allied aircraft. It proved an excellent match to the Sabre, and it often came down to the skill of the pilot that determined who made it home and who was left dangling from a parachute. Having an excellent thrust-to-weight ratio and good climbing characteristics, the MiG-15bis was also armed with two NR-23 23mm cannons and a single, powerful N-37 37mm cannon. Not surprisingly, it is considered by many as one of the deadliest fighters of the era.
Key Features of the DCS: DCS: MiG-15bis:

Unmatched flight physics that allow you to truly feel what it's like to fly this legend of the USSR.
    Highly detailed, six-degrees-of-freedom (6 DOF) cockpit.
    Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse.
    Accurate MiG-15bis model, country markings, and weapons.
    Detailed modelling the MiG-15bis instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, and electrical systems.
    Battle DCS: F-86F Sabre’s in single and multiplayer games.

Download DCS World for free from: www.dcs-world.com
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 05:24:22 AM by Russian »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: DCS: MiG-15bis
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2014, 05:34:22 AM »
Looks like EDGE will be ready for Christmas, huh?  :aok
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2014, 08:11:18 AM »
Is this the jet that used Rolls Royce engines?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2014, 10:05:00 AM »
Is this the jet that used Rolls Royce engines?

It was a Soviet plane, so no... regardless of the rumors you've heard... no.  :noid

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2014, 11:16:48 AM »
It was a Soviet plane, so no... regardless of the rumors you've heard... no.  :noid

It was most likely copied bolt to bolt from RR but used 1mm thickness piping instead of 0,5mm in the original RR lol.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2014, 03:08:29 AM »

The British sold jet engines to Stalin :old:
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline Kazan_HB

• Skinner Team
  • Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2014, 03:14:26 AM »
The British sold jet engines to Stalin :old:

Mig-15 had Rolls Royce engine.
The Few
Since Tour 93

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2014, 04:15:26 AM »
The bis used a Klimov VK-1 centrifugal flow turbojet.

The prototype MiG15, the I-310, used the R-R Nene engine.

The RD-45 was the copy of the Nene. The VK-1 was an improved RD-45.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2014, 11:59:22 AM »
I haven't been able to get into the fixed wing DCS games. I just have a hard time learning how to understand the battlespace and employment, and the training films and campaigns don't do a very good job of teaching IMHO. Their helo sims however are amazing! I have the UH-1, Mi-8, and Ka-50.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2014, 04:43:22 PM »
I haven't been able to get into the fixed wing DCS games. I just have a hard time learning how to understand the battlespace and employment, and the training films and campaigns don't do a very good job of teaching IMHO. Their helo sims however are amazing! I have the UH-1, Mi-8, and Ka-50.

So, when they finally release the B-17 you won't like that either? I mean, AH doesn't really have anything to worry about, since the WWII module will be related to mostly high-altitude aircraft. Still, I expect the Spitfire and 262 will draw a crowd of users and I know for a fact that there are people chomping at the bit to get a crack at the Jug.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2014, 05:46:50 PM »
So, when they finally release the B-17 you won't like that either? I mean, AH doesn't really have anything to worry about, since the WWII module will be related to mostly high-altitude aircraft. Still, I expect the Spitfire and 262 will draw a crowd of users and I know for a fact that there are people chomping at the bit to get a crack at the Jug.

It's not that I don't like the game itself, I just need to find someone who understands the modern jets, and can help me understand it better. It's the missions themselves, and the BVR that throws me for a loop. The games are well made, it's just the training that isn't. And trust me, if a B-17 comes out, I'll be on that like white on rice. I already cannot wait until the Bf-109 is released on steam!

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2014, 06:32:58 PM »
Same here. The MiG-15 is the first one I have pre-ordered, but I expect to continue that into the future.

I think what you are saying is that the electronics system is not well covered? I mean there's no point in even climbing into the F-15 unless you know how to use the weapons, so that has to be what you mean. Most of the jet time I have seen in videos has been NOE egresses to avoid weapons systems, so I agree since that doesn't seem realistic that more tutorials need to be available.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2014, 11:13:18 PM »
Taking a quick look at their forums it looks like they STILL don't have a-a missiles working right.

IMO, don't bother training BVR in DCS, it's just a mess.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2014, 11:36:26 PM »
Same here. The MiG-15 is the first one I have pre-ordered, but I expect to continue that into the future.

I think what you are saying is that the electronics system is not well covered? I mean there's no point in even climbing into the F-15 unless you know how to use the weapons, so that has to be what you mean. Most of the jet time I have seen in videos has been NOE egresses to avoid weapons systems, so I agree since that doesn't seem realistic that more tutorials need to be available.

For me, I haven't tried multiplayer yer, only campaign, and I have the Su-27, not the F-15. I can fly the plane just fine, and I can target, shoot and kill within visual range just fine. But once the target doesn't lie exactly within the waypoints, I cannot figure out when I follow the planned route, and when I deviate to go complete the mission (every mission is the exact same box on the nav system, but the mission itself is sometimes way off in the distance away from that box). I constantly have the AWACS calling out objects, some as far away as 300 kilos away, which cannot have anything to do with the mission, so I have to figure out what IS relevant among the constant stream of contacts. And, even though I have a contact on my screen on radar, I cannot figure out if it is friend or foe, and how the heck to lock on to the darned thing and kill it on those rare occasions I'm SURE of what it is.

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: December 13, 2014, 11:54:41 PM »
For me, I haven't tried multiplayer yer, only campaign, and I have the Su-27, not the F-15. I can fly the plane just fine, and I can target, shoot and kill within visual range just fine. But once the target doesn't lie exactly within the waypoints, I cannot figure out when I follow the planned route, and when I deviate to go complete the mission (every mission is the exact same box on the nav system, but the mission itself is sometimes way off in the distance away from that box). I constantly have the AWACS calling out objects, some as far away as 300 kilos away, which cannot have anything to do with the mission, so I have to figure out what IS relevant among the constant stream of contacts. And, even though I have a contact on my screen on radar, I cannot figure out if it is friend or foe, and how the heck to lock on to the darned thing and kill it on those rare occasions I'm SURE of what it is.

Well, here's my experience (might be outdated):

The only way I could ever find anything that isn't already on my radar was AWACS. There should be a request for closest enemy or similar. I believe requesting a picture lists all enemy contacts starting with the closest. AWACS should give them to you in BRAA (Bearing, Range, Alitude, Attitude [pronounced brah]) format.

The su-27 radar display shows friendlies as two lines of the little rectangles and enemies as one. Also FYI, 2 little rectangles is a medium sized contact (fighter), and 4 is a large (bomber).

As for locking onto them, you should probably read the controls. Really don't understand why anyone would jump into a game like this without at least looking at the bindable controls and then wonder how to do something. There should be targeting cursor (or something like that) up, down, etc. and target lock and unlock under sensors. Read the rest of it too, they didn't slap things like airbrakes and external lights on these things just because they were bored.

If you have any other questions about controls I'll probably be able to answer them. I only mapped my CH HOTAS to each plane about a hundred times.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old: