Author Topic: Support Aces High  (Read 9441 times)

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
Re: Support Aces High
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2014, 01:20:05 PM »
See rule #4
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:25:57 PM by hitech »
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2014, 01:23:58 PM »
Any of the hundreds of customer suggestions to increase player base / business have basically gone ignored.

You are correct, I have ignored hundreds of  ideas, But I have also implemented hundreds of  player ideas.

HiTech

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2014, 01:35:40 PM »
You are correct, I have ignored hundreds of  ideas, But I have also implemented hundreds of  player ideas.

HiTech

Not that you or anyone need to support your posts with supporting data, can you list a few player ideas you have implemented?
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2014, 01:44:51 PM »
Not that you or anyone need to support your posts with supporting data, can you list a few player ideas you have implemented?

peak/offpeak arena system  :old: :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2014, 01:56:56 PM »

HiTech

Not to increase customer base.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2014, 01:59:07 PM »

I got a Camel and a Dr1.  :D  Might have been coincidence.   :lol

The "don't move your stick so fast" was changed to take airspeed into account.
This allows more frantic stall recovery while still serving it's purpose.

Not to increase customer base.

I think you're confusing ignored with read and rejected.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2014, 02:04:59 PM »
Any of the hundreds of customer suggestions to increase player base / business have basically gone ignored.

Maybe those ideas haven't been very good.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: December 21, 2014, 02:05:20 PM »
Making the control mapping easier would be a start.  Do you notice a lot of games give you a walk through on your first time playing?  This is a lot to learn, with no help other than "go look it up online."

To keep the younger generation in flight sims, a good idea is to help them by making it easier.  Im not saying change the flight model or anything, but help them learn.  Think back to the first time you logged into AH,  it was a lot to take in.  This generation of "I want it now" youth, just want things easy,  learning this game currently is not.  

It really is the way the world for younger generations is heading...   easier, faster, etc..

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #23 on: December 21, 2014, 02:15:55 PM »

See rule #4
4- Flamebaiting, flaming, being abusing, being disrepectful, trolling, spamming or posting to incite or annoy is not allowed. If you cannot make a positive contribution to the thread, then just stay out of it.

What was it that was any violation of rule 4 by pointing out that HTC uses  free labor for Map creation.  That customers build and code the MAPS.  That  some of the Maps created by customers, contain bugs or don’t work properly and these maps are still used.

Seem dodgy.

For example, the other day I noticed a base flashing with radar down and nothing on bardar, no vehicle spawns to the field so I figured it must be an NOE raider.....so I upped to defend from another field nearby and headed straight for the flashing airfield.  I got to around 5 miles away with still nothing showing on dar when suddenly a bardar appeared.  Ok, so the NOE raider must have just popped up....however, not 10 seconds later an N1K appeared at 13,000ft.

I have this on film, but the film doesnt show my clipboard map.

It's been a problem for years.  Usually it seems to mostly occur near the strats, but this morning it happened where a base started flashing with no darbar until icon range and it was a Tempest at 15k.

Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: December 21, 2014, 02:16:33 PM »
Making the control mapping easier would be a start.  Do you notice a lot of games give you a walk through on your first time playing?  This is a lot to learn, with no help other than "go look it up online."

To keep the younger generation in flight sims, a good idea is to help them by making it easier.  Im not saying change the flight model or anything, but help them learn.  Think back to the first time you logged into AH,  it was a lot to take in.  This generation of "I want it now" youth, just want things easy,  learning this game currently is not.  

It really is the way the world for younger generations is heading...   easier, faster, etc..

My generation is full of stupid dipshits.

No one wants to learn ANYTHING.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2014, 02:31:22 PM »

Implementing external view for fighter aircraft (as long as the the plane is on the ground) so we could simulate a walk-around of the aircraft, to examine the custom skins up close.  Before that, all you could see of the custom skin you chose was what you could see in the hangar

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2014, 02:32:41 PM »
Maybe those ideas haven't been very good.

That quote was basically taken out of context, it was in response to someone stating that HTC used the suggestions from the wishlist for creations of new aircraft.

I agree with HTC's approach to not take business advice from customers.  It's his business/responsibility  to make Hi-Tech successful or not.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2014, 02:42:09 PM »

I had two wishes granted in one week.

1. Reduce game sounds when sending/receiving VOX communication, in order to clearly hear the comm.
2. Ability to listen to game sounds and adjust them with sliders as needed.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline hcrana

• Copper Member
      • http://www.menacingferrets.com
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2014, 02:43:15 PM »
Part of it is that people don't have joysticks just lying around anymore.  
Herr Doktor Professor Kolonel H.C. Rana
Kommanding Ossifer, The Menacing Ferrets
ILLEGITIMATVS NON CARBORVNDVM EST

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #29 on: December 21, 2014, 02:49:18 PM »
I always viewed the rise of "console games" with some alarm and sadness actually...PC games started out so strong and there was so much promise. Then they updated Plug-it-to-TV-Blow-it-up-right-now-EZ sims and the whole thing went zitz up in a span of a decade or less. Now its all X-Box and PS4 kill-the-zombies or drive the fast car while pimping. Who wants to command Destroyers off Savo Island in a realistic naval wargame when you can blow up Vegas in a souped up car and a rocket launcher I guess :(

I hope somebody will still market decent boxed wargames...be back to reading rules and rolling dice.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 02:52:41 PM by Squire »
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24