Author Topic: Game on, Weakbait.  (Read 8850 times)

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
Re: Game on, Weakbait.
« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2014, 01:40:15 PM »
The Ta is slower than the P-51D, 109G-14, 109K-4, LA-7, 190D-9, F4U-4, Tempest, and so on.

The 51 has 8-9mph on the 152 with WEP engaged on the deck, but that advantage turns into a deficit after 5 minutes when the Pony runs out of go fast juice and the TA still has money in the bank.   The 152 ain't THE fastest, but it's not slow enough to matter.
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2014, 01:42:22 PM »
The Ta-152 is not one of the "fastest" planes in the game; the Ta-152 is slower than the K4 you mentioned that requires more supposed "skill." Two of the top six pilots have this as their primary aircraft, and another one of them (myself) have it as one of my top 3 rides.

The Ta is slower than the P-51D, 109G-14, 109K-4, LA-7, 190D-9, F4U-4, Tempest, and so on.

I'm not saying its the fastest plane in the game, just one of them. And above 5k they are not, but I don't have the charts to look at right now, and you don't want to be below 5k in a 152. The way the TA can use E in vert climb situations makes it a "fast plane"
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2014, 01:44:50 PM »
I was not talking about your score.

And you just admitted that you die a lot because its a slow plane. The for proving my point.

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2014, 01:46:11 PM »
My tour stats, excuse the lack of kills I haven't flown much.
I flew a tempest to a V10 on that weird looking map to kill the incoming stream of bombers from A9.
The LA7 sortie was my girlfriend.

Spit VIII 27 Kills
F4U1C 19 Kills
N1K2 15 Kills
109K-4 7 Kills
Ki-84 7 Kills
109G-14 7 Kills
P38L 6 Kills
109G-6 5 Kills
Tempest 5 Kills
LA-7 4 Kills
P38J 2 Kills

I don't think I fly fast planes, well I don't consider these planes fast.
Top Gun

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2014, 01:47:58 PM »
I was not talking about your score.

And you just admitted that you die a lot because its a slow plane. The for proving my point.

Please quote where I said I died because it was a slow plane. I said I only have 5 perks because I lose CHogs left and right.
I usually lose them to stupid stuff that is completely my fault LIKE running into the twin 5 inch on the CV deck, running out of fuel and not realizing it, etc etc.

I've died in the CHog 6 times. I have 19 kills in it, that's a 3 KD Violator.
Top Gun

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2014, 01:48:20 PM »
The way the TA can use E in vert climb situations makes it a "fast plane"

I'm not sure where you got your information, but no, it does not. Being able to "use E in a vert climb" simply makes it a plane that can use the vertical well. Being able to use the vertical does not in any way make a plane a "fast" plane. Using that logic, every model of Spitfire would also qualify as a "fast plane."
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2014, 01:50:15 PM »
My tour stats, excuse the lack of kills I haven't flown much.
I flew a tempest to a V10 on that weird looking map to kill the incoming stream of bombers from A9.
The LA7 sortie was my girlfriend.

Spit VIII 27 Kills
F4U1C 19 Kills
N1K2 15 Kills
109K-4 7 Kills
Ki-84 7 Kills
109G-14 7 Kills
P38L 6 Kills
109G-6 5 Kills
Tempest 5 Kills
LA-7 4 Kills
P38J 2 Kills

I don't think I fly fast planes, well I don't consider these planes fast.

I meant to imply the top 6 fighters in rank, Ghost. You have me misunderstood. I wasn't refering to you with that comment.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2014, 01:54:20 PM »
If you use speed vs people who fly slower planes, then yes you should win, the problem is that you are insinuating that because someone beats you while you were flying a slow plane that some how takes away from their skill because YOU choose to fly a slow plane..because faster planes are easier. They did what they were supposed to do, quit whining and up something that will let you get even, if you can. If that doesn't settle it then go to the DA.....

I don't get to choose what(and how many) I am going to fight when I roll a sortie so I take something I feel will give me the best chance to win...This is the natural thing to do when playing a "war" game.

The DA is a whole.different story..

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2014, 01:56:11 PM »
I think HTC should disable all airplanes except the CHOG.  :devil
Top Gun

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2014, 01:59:01 PM »
I'm not sure where you got your information, but no, it does not. Being able to "use E in a vert climb" simply makes it a plane that can use the vertical well. Being able to use the vertical does not in any way make a plane a "fast" plane. Using that logic, every model of Spitfire would also qualify as a "fast plane."

Yes, but I wasn't referring to every plane, I was referring to the TA152. Even when the plane isn't going fast, it can still utilize the vert like if it was going fast. Typically, it can gain speed with ecceleration at D800 and rope almost any plane. You cannot tell me it's not a fast plane.

The Nik is a slow plane but it uses the vert climb well.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2014, 02:00:28 PM »
If you use speed vs people who fly slower planes, then yes you should win, the problem is that you are insinuating that because someone beats you while you were flying a slow plane that some how takes away from their skill because YOU choose to fly a slow plane..because faster planes are easier. They did what they were supposed to do, quit whining and up something that will let you get even, if you can. If that doesn't settle it then go to the DA.....

I don't get to choose what(and how many) I am going to fight when I roll a sortie so I take something I feel will give me the best chance to win...This is the natural thing to do when playing a "war" game.

The DA is a whole.different story..

Yes which is why I am going to fly the tempest as timidly and as Eee as possible next tour.

Again, I'm not whinning, I just don't think it's right to brag about being good in the MA while having to fly the fastest planes in the game to achieve that. Its great you guys can get kills or W/E but flaunting that in noob easy to catch and kill rides doesn't show much to anyone.

I never said any of you were unskilled or lack abilities.
I just think those planes are easy mode and lame that damped the amount of skill it takes to be successful. I'd love to see if many of you in the top 6 can pull off the same scores flying a 109g2..
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 02:17:14 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2014, 02:07:08 PM »
If everyone flew the same plane in a LWMA setting 200 would be so quiet without anyone blaming someone else for making them fly a crappy plane.

The guy with the knife in the gunfight usually only wins in the movies.

IRL he gets his top blown off in the first 3 seconds..

Effectively what you are saying is that we should all bring knives to the gun fight...to find out who wins the gunfight with..a.. knife??

Now everyone has knives instead of guns then it becomes a knife fight until one brave soul says, "you are only good if you win this knife fight with a Spork" the vicious cycle continues until we are all trying to kill each other with wet noodles.

F that..I'm bringing my Barret 50 cal to the gunfight, if you can't kill me using your Spork, that's your problem..

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2014, 02:13:09 PM »
If everyone flew the same plane in a LWMA setting 200 would be so quiet without anyone blaming someone else for making them fly a crappy plane.

The guy with the knife in the gunfight usually only wins in the movies.

IRL he gets his top blown off in the first 3 seconds..

Effectively what you are saying is that we should all bring knives to the gun fight...to find out who wins the gunfight with..a.. knife??

Now everyone has knives instead of guns then it becomes a knife fight until one brave soul says, "you are only good if you win this knife fight with a Spork" the vicious cycle continues until we are all trying to kill each other with wet noodles.

F that..I'm bringing my Barret 50 cal to the gunfight, if you can't kill me using your Spork, that's your problem..

/thread
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2014, 02:17:24 PM »
Sometimes the sheer audacity of bringing the knife to the gunfight with ultimate confidence in one's own abilities pays a dividend that is worth many times more than repeatedly winning with the biggest gun.

Key phrase 'ultimate confidence in one's own abilities'. This part is why you guys just don't get it, you don't have that important belief in yourself.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2014, 02:20:37 PM »
Sometimes the sheer audacity of bringing the knife to the gunfight with ultimate confidence in one's own abilities pays a dividend that is worth many times more than repeatedly winning with the biggest gun.

Key phrase 'ultimate confidence in one's own abilities'. This part is why you guys just don't get it, you don't have that important belief in yourself.

Killing a brewster or a 109E or a P40 does not make me go  :O at their bravery in a virtual flight sim, I kill them, and move on to the next victim  :cheers:
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech