Author Topic: Game on, Weakbait.  (Read 8762 times)

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
Re: Game on, Weakbait.
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2014, 11:02:16 PM »
I think this  is a good idea, but instead of dog fights, Classical Greek Wrestling.

(Image removed from quote.)

I'll referee. You nerds figure out when and where this is going down.

Um....err... yes....for once Slash and I actually agree on something.  Someone get me a pen....I'm signing the armistices agreement.
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2014, 11:39:54 PM »
Oh now you guys are backing down?!  Whats next, your gonna tell me you keep your underwear on when you hit the showers?

This is the Ultimate Contest! Who wouldn't want to engage in an act of such pure Competition and Sportsmanship!!!

Is this not the glory all men dream of!? :old:
See Rule #4

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #77 on: December 29, 2014, 02:49:41 AM »
BTW, whatever happened to the "he cheated" argument. Did you give up on that one for "I was drunk and besides I haven't played in <x> years"?
I dont feel like i should give too much attention to your mud throwing attempts, therefor they are going to be turned down.
Try harder, Mr. Vaughan.
Thanks in advance,
Debrody
AoM
City of ice

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #78 on: December 29, 2014, 11:11:40 AM »
:rofl

funny how you took only part of that quote  :ahand
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #79 on: December 29, 2014, 11:39:15 AM »
funny how you took only part of that quote  :ahand
the important parts... I laughed at your obvious position...  :aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline darkzking

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #80 on: December 29, 2014, 12:01:00 PM »
which is?
raynos32 Leader of the 242nd Sloppy Terminators
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/
See Rule #4

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #81 on: December 29, 2014, 12:06:10 PM »

ummmmm..... no. Definitely not.

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2014, 12:07:10 PM »
I dont feel like i should give too much attention to your mud throwing attempts, therefor they are going to be turned down.
Try harder, Mr. Vaughan.
Thanks in advance,
Debrody

:lol Thanks for the confirmation.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: December 29, 2014, 01:04:16 PM »
which is?
surely you're not blocked from reading your own posts... ??

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Debrody

• Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: December 29, 2014, 02:47:14 PM »
So... Poison is quite good, as the birds are tweeting... thats good to hear  :aok
AoM
City of ice

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #85 on: December 29, 2014, 03:38:03 PM »
E fighting is just lame sauce... No fun in those duels, it's the easiest style/ most boring style of fighting.
Plus flying the fastest planes the game and the 152, which literally poops E out of its Ahole makes this game pretty easy vs opponents when the only method of skill involved is timing the rope correctly.

What's the point of dueling if the whole time it's nothing more than a merge. That's boring. All it shows is that you can climb the highest on the merge.

Only partial half skill there.
The other half is being in the opposite position or in the disadvantage in a slower plane and being able to come out on top.

Keep flying the fastest planes in the game, all it proves is that you have to have your precious speed advantage in order to be successful in AH. I outgrew that phase many moons ago.

I'd love to have a rematch, when I can actually read the instruments and do care about my speed on the merge,  excuses or not, I was litterally too hammared to really take it seriously and I'm willing to bet my merge speed was attrocious compared to yours after the first 2 fights. I thought the first 2 fights were the best fights, but I certainly didn't match close to speeds on the merge in the rest of the fights, (my drunk fault, I foreal had a very small window of brain function left that morning lol). I didn't film it so I don't even know. But honestly I just don't even feel like fighting a boring E fight, it really just puts me to sleep.

P.S

Skyyr, I was praying you were gonna auger that 152 in the other night lol, was really my only hope. I was actually suprised you didn't. But my slow F4U1 couldn't do much other than attempt reversals and that other 190d just ruined all my hopes. Ohwell haha.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 03:47:54 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #86 on: December 29, 2014, 04:06:48 PM »
So what, exactly, is a  "fun" and "fair" duel?  I ask because the definition seems to be constantly changing.

It used to be winning a same plane, co-E, guns cold at initial merge DA 1v1 duel was considered the deciding factor for skill....but now there are so many additional qualifiers I'm starting to lose track!  Examples:

1. Winning in certain "E-rides" dosent really count.

2. If you won by simply managing your E better it really doesn't count, despite the fact that every ACM tutorial I've ever read notes E management as one of the most critical factors in a dogfight....

3. If you won simply by being better in the initial merge it doesn't count.  :huh :headscratch:

I could go on with other examples...and I could also point out that these additional qualifiers are usually in response to a member of a certain squad losing a match....but why bother?  Anyone with a pulse can see the situation for what it really is....

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: December 29, 2014, 04:39:13 PM »
So what, exactly, is a  "fun" and "fair" duel?  I ask because the definition seems to be constantly changing.

It used to be winning a same plane, co-E, guns cold at initial merge DA 1v1 duel was considered the deciding factor for skill....but now there are so many additional qualifiers I'm starting to lose track!  Examples:

1. Winning in certain "E-rides" dosent really count.

2. If you won by simply managing your E better it really doesn't count, despite the fact that every ACM tutorial I've ever read notes E management as one of the most critical factors in a dogfight....

3. If you won simply by being better in the initial merge it doesn't count.  :huh :headscratch:

I could go on with other examples...and I could also point out that these additional qualifiers are usually in response to a member of a certain squad losing a match....but why bother?  Anyone with a pulse can see the situation for what it really is....

CO-E being the main point in fights with the same planes.
It really makes a huge difference when your game is only made up of E fighting. The first 2 fights were close to equal E states buts it's obvious the other fights were not. Like I said it was my fault though for not watching my speed on the merge.

That being said, winning one match against me at 2am after hours of pounding drinks at the bar really isn't that big of deal or anything to boast about. I wasn't going to say anything until Skyyr posted that video. I wasn't in the right state of mind, its obvious, how could I possibly fly my best. It was meant to be fun and to screw around, not take it as a serious match, hell I don't even know what vraciu said to spark the duel, but I accepted cuz the MA was boring and I didn't want to sleep yet.

And I didn't say winning in E planes doesn't count. I just said it makes for easy kills always being able to scoot away and outclimb planes. Try having that type of sucess in a 109g2.

I never said it wasn't fair. I said its just not fun to fight E styles because it's a boring style of fighting, who ever can rope whoever first on the merge is just lame. That is just my opinion

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: December 29, 2014, 05:17:31 PM »

Got to be honest, a round of tummy sticks never crossed my mind.

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #89 on: December 29, 2014, 05:33:58 PM »
CO-E being the main point in fights with the same planes.
It really makes a huge difference when your game is only made up of E fighting. The first 2 fights were close to equal E states buts it's obvious the other fights were not. Like I said it was my fault though for not watching my speed on the merge.

That being said, winning one match against me at 2am after hours of pounding drinks at the bar really isn't that big of deal or anything to boast about. I wasn't going to say anything until Skyyr posted that video. I wasn't in the right state of mind, its obvious, how could I possibly fly my best. It was meant to be fun and to screw around, not take it as a serious match, hell I don't even know what vraciu said to spark the duel, but I accepted cuz the MA was boring and I didn't want to sleep yet.

And I didn't say winning in E planes doesn't count. I just said it makes for easy kills always being able to scoot away and outclimb planes. Try having that type of sucess in a 109g2.

I never said it wasn't fair. I said its just not fun to fight E styles because it's a boring style of fighting, who ever can rope whoever first on the merge is just lame. That is just my opinion

It's really boring for the person who can't manage their E as well as their opponent, however, if you put two really good E fighters up against each other it almost always winds up in a stall fight and/or rolling scissors..giving some of the folks around here that white knuckle "knife" fight they are looking for...

If some folks around here claim that it is sooo easy, then every duel you have against one a good E fighter should wind up in a slow fight where the superior ACM prowess of the defensive masters here should prevail everytime.

But, it seems people aren't as good at energy retention as they claim to be...or at least it isn't as easy to execute as some people make it seem.

The problem here is that people are setting standards in which they cannot lose...

1. Pilot X chooses to Fly a slow plane
A. Shoots  someone down - X wins, superior pilot because he killed someone in a superior plane .
B. Gets shot down by pilot Y (better plane) - X wins because Y couldn't be a superior pilot because of X's plane choice..X died by his choice of plane, but is still mute skilled than Y by default...

Replace plane with flight style and it still looks pretty dumb from a competitive stand point..