Author Topic: Game on, Weakbait.  (Read 8899 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Game on, Weakbait.
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2014, 01:06:05 PM »
Why is it then.. And correct me if I'm wrong here, the top 6 pilots in the game all fly and have their most kills in the fastest planes in the game (excluding maybe Messiah)?

There must be some correlation here...

I have been very successful with the F4Us and score with them in the past, so it can be achieved. It's just keeping the F4U in a safe position during a furball is much more difficult, and of course when you out turn a plane like the p51, that P51 simply extends away do to lack of F4U exceleration. Ive seen it happen soooo many times.

But what I am saying here is why do these players choose to fly easy run away and pick planes, instead of flying a 109g2 and achieving the same score.

Obviously the faster planes are easier to achieve higher kills and scores. Therefore, making that plane easier to be successful in if the pilot has a clue about what they are doing.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2014, 01:12:06 PM »
Why is it then.. And correct me if I'm wrong here, the top 6 pilots in the game all fly and have their most kills in the fastest planes in the game (excluding maybe Messiah)?

There must be some correlation here...

The Ta-152 is not one of the "fastest" planes in the game; the Ta-152 is slower than the K4 you mentioned that requires more supposed "skill." Two of the top six pilots have this as their primary aircraft, and another one of them (myself) have it as one of my top 3 rides.

The Ta is slower than the P-51D, 109G-14, 109K-4, LA-7, 190D-9, F4U-4, Tempest, and so on.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 28-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2014, 01:12:23 PM »
Actually, it comes down to excuses. If you fly a slow plane and die, you can claim "it's because my plane was slow, so it's not my fault I lost!" If you fly that same slow plane (one that excels at angles fighting and/or climbing turns) and win, you then get to claim you're superior for winning in a plane that shouldn't have normally won. It's flawed thinking, but several seem to subscribe to it.

Here's where the argument falls apart: When a good pilot encounters your said slow plane and E-fights you (as they should) and beats you, pilots with the above mindset then complain that it didn't take skill.

(It doesn't take as much skill!!)

Logically, this mindset and the produced arguments are weightless and flawed.

The logic is not flawed. That is how this game and air combat works. Slower planes have a disadvantage, using speed and E moves while originally having more speed and E creates an easier kill setup. Sure it takes skill, but not as much skill as being able to reverse and get the kill in a slower plane vs the high E/alt aircraft. I don't understand how you don't understand that.

The logic is not flawwed.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2014, 01:13:25 PM »
The problem is that these are all subjective arguments, which can't be won...our opinions on which planes are Harder or easier to fly are just that, opinions.

This is why I don't take plane choice into account in regards to judging pilot skill as much as I do with flight style. This is also subjective (opinion) however.

This is why objective points like..who killed who more? Who won the duel? Are not opinion based but they are objective facts...This is why we don't give much importance to the fight when only the end result is what matters...

I might like a particular basketball team for their style of play, or the fact that they shot a heavier ball than their opponents, but at the end of the day the scoreboard says who won the game and who the best team was..

TLDR: Numbers are objective and instead of having some opinion based fashion to determine skill, just use numbers, because...they never lie ;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:23:53 PM by Kruel »

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2014, 01:16:19 PM »
See that is where the CHog comes in handy, multi v 1. You give ANY shot within 800 yards and you might as well bail; the cannon are so effective up to 800 yards its so hard to put myself in the situation of a long 3 v 1 or even 4 v 1.

Because a plane is faster that doesn't make it easier to fly and if that is your main argument in this debate then I end my argument here.
Top Gun

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2014, 01:18:54 PM »
See that is where the CHog comes in handy, multi v 1. You give ANY shot within 800 yards and you might as well bail; the cannon are so effective up to 800 yards its so hard to put myself in the situation of a long 3 v 1 or even 4 v 1.

Your aim sux though. :) :O :old:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Zerstorer

• Silver Member
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2014, 01:20:21 PM »
:rolleyes:  hot air I tell you...

:rofl

Yes.....yep....nothing I say is true!  Oh wait.....what's this?

* looks at Skyrock's tour stats *

How interesting.... the majority of your kills this month were in Tempests, LAs and Typhoons! Those sure are some fast rides, Skyrocket!  You certainly had kills in less capable rides....P47 D11, P47 M, and F4U-1 are also top rides for you...but none of them are slouch rides.  

What's this? No P40s?  P39s?  Not even a run in a 110 or 410? Oh dear.

Maybe we should start calling you SkyRocky?!  :rofl
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 01:23:23 PM by Zerstorer »
The Once and Former Fulcrum

In my experience, nothing is ever what it seems to be, but everything is exactly what it is.

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2014, 01:21:51 PM »
Your aim sux though. :) :O :old:

DA? I haven't flown in like two weeks and you probably still won't beat me.  :old:
Top Gun

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2014, 01:26:22 PM »
Maybe we should start calling you SkyRocky?!  

you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2014, 01:27:35 PM »
DA? I haven't flown in like two weeks and you probably still won't beat me.  :old:

We've gone through this before :)

I need to go out will be back by 5 to do this. :)
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2014, 01:29:36 PM »

Yes.....yep....nothing I say is true!  Oh wait.....what's this?

* looks at Skyrock's tour stats *

How interesting.... the majority of your kills this month were in Tempests, LAs and Typhoons! Those sure are some fast rides, Skyrocket!  You certainly had kills in less capable rides....P47 D11, P47 M, and F4U-1 are also top rides for you...but none of them are slouch rides.  

What's this? No P40s?  P39s?  Not even a run in a 110 or 410? Oh dear.

Maybe we should start calling you SkyRocky?!  :rofl

Numbers win again..

rofl SkyRocky...you gotta admit that's got a nice ring to it

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2014, 01:30:23 PM »
We've gone through this before :)

I need to go out will be back by 5 to do this. :)

GHOSTCDB CHALLENGES ANRACHY TO THE DA!! LOSER HAS TO BE USED AS CANNON FODDER FOR THE NEXT MONTH! WHO WILL WIN!?!?!?
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2014, 01:34:50 PM »

Because a plane is faster that doesn't make it easier to fly and if that is your main argument in this debate then I end my argument here.

Well yeah nice guns that can do damage from an extending oppenent at D800 is kind of contradicting the point. That be the only reason the plane is perked. Good luck achieving that success in a 50 cal model. The F4U4 is out of the question.

I just don't get it. You all fly the fastest planes to achieve high scores yet you don't think it is because of the fast planes that you achieve high scores.

See now, that is false logic.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2014, 01:35:06 PM »
GHOSTCDB CHALLENGES ANRACHY TO THE DA!! LOSER HAS TO BE USED AS CANNON FODDER FOR THE NEXT MONTH! WHO WILL WIN!?!?!?

:lol :banana:
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline GhostCDB

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2014, 01:39:41 PM »
Well yeah nice guns that can do damage from an extending oppenent at D800 is kind of contradicting the point. That be the only reason the plane is perked. Good luck achieving that success in a 50 cal model. The F4U4 is out of the question.

I just don't get it. You all fly the fastest planes to achieve high scores yet you don't think it is because of the fast planes that you achieve high scores.

See now, try that is false logic.

lol You all? LMAO I just admitted to flying the CHog majority of the time which you JUST stated was slow. I am so confused. I only have like 5 perks because I lose CHogs left and right. I think my next go to ride just because it is free is the N1K, then the Ki84, then the Spit 9/109G6. I am rarely in a plane that is fast and if I am it is because Poison/Anarchy has forced me to fly it.

Achieve high score? I achieve a high attack score because attack score is so easy to achieve. My fighter score is far from high (low). Fighter score is achieved by those who have good SA, point blank.

Poisons situational awareness is great although I envy it, it is. I just don't have the patience he has.

Your logic is false, specially your logic about score.
Top Gun