Author Topic: Nvidia driver 347.09  (Read 1639 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Nvidia driver 347.09
« on: December 28, 2014, 07:47:52 AM »
This is the worst installer I have seen out of Nvidia to date. It can completely booger up your system! Count yourself lucky if you got through installing this version just by running the routine.

First off, if you are using surround (either 2D or 3D), then turn all of that off before trying to run the installer. Second, don't bother trying to run it from a normal boot, but rather go into safe mode.

Boot into safe mode and use the Windows Control Panel to remove the Nvidia graphic driver. Then you should clean your system of the Nvidia Control Panel. This is an option of the DriverCleaner.net program, which is what I used. There are other cleaners out there and if you use one you might report back your success path if you find one. Finally, while still in Safe Mode install the 347.09 version. I recommend not installing GeForce Experience, but it's up to you. Reboot and all should be good.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Nvidia driver 347.09
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 02:32:46 PM »
I had no problems installing the latest Nvidia drivers, installed just fine.  The new drivers also fixed the problem I had with SweetFX causing blurry text in game and I noticed other improvements in other games.
ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 02:39:43 PM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:18:20 AM by Skuzzy »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »
See Rules #2, #4
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:18:30 AM by Skuzzy »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 06:59:36 PM »
I am one who is having big issues with this update.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2014, 07:31:07 PM »
You're not the only one Lyric. I don't post here about issues like this until I hear of at least 3-4 people with a problem.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2014, 08:10:12 PM »
They screwed up the 144hz capability with the ROG Swift Asus monitor..AGAIN.  I swear, this monitor has to be the worst thing in the history of driver problems - this is the third time now an nVidia up date has caused either 144hz to be lost and 100 max to be the highest refresh rate available, or for Gsync to be greyed out as an option as well - revert back to last version.  Again.

Drivers worked fine on my other 144hz monitor, but it isn't 1440p, and is an older model from Asus.

Offline Kenne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2014, 08:17:05 PM »
I had no problems installing the latest Nvidia drivers, installed just fine.  The new drivers also fixed the problem I had with SweetFX causing blurry text in game and I noticed other improvements in other games.
ack-ack

x2
Women are like the Government. They have no problem that can't be solved by throwing money at it!
لقد حصلت على تذكرتين إلى الجنة

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2014, 08:47:09 PM »
They screwed up the 144hz capability with the ROG Swift Asus monitor..AGAIN.  I swear, this monitor has to be the worst thing in the history of driver problems - this is the third time now an nVidia up date has caused either 144hz to be lost and 100 max to be the highest refresh rate available, or for Gsync to be greyed out as an option as well - revert back to last version.  Again.

Drivers worked fine on my other 144hz monitor, but it isn't 1440p, and is an older model from Asus.

It's not JUST the ROG Swift, either.

The #1 issue from the people I have helped is library components that are not being properly registered. I suspect Norton's, but trying to tell someone their security program is an issue can be frustrating. I'm just curious how many service calls Skuzzy gets off of these issues.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2014, 11:54:10 PM »
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:18:57 AM by Skuzzy »
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2014, 01:12:45 AM »
ripley there has updates that have fried vc's. 

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: December 29, 2014, 01:51:01 AM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:19:10 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2014, 02:06:22 AM »
ripley there has updates that have fried vc's. 

semp

You're not supposed to update working drivers unless you have a specific issue that needs fixing. Especially with Nvidias history of releasing bad drivers. So if you choose to behave risky and install every update the second they're released you may end up having unnecessary problems. New drivers do not always even improve your performance there may be regressions especially on older card models.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: December 29, 2014, 04:59:36 AM »
You're not supposed to update working drivers unless you have a specific issue that needs fixing. Especially with Nvidias history of releasing bad drivers. So if you choose to behave risky and install every update the second they're released you may end up having unnecessary problems. New drivers do not always even improve your performance there may be regressions especially on older card models.

Old driver sucked with AHII making it difficult to play with the release of this new update.

Chalenge helped me over the phone & new update is in & working now.

As Chalenge had said it is an issue with the installer.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2014, 05:15:33 AM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: December 29, 2014, 11:19:34 AM by Skuzzy »