Author Topic: Iwanna make a new Terrain unlike anything out there.  (Read 6220 times)

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
Iwanna make a new Terrain unlike anything out there.
« on: December 28, 2014, 05:18:39 PM »
Yea, I wanna make a new terrain. I'd like to have 40 - 50,000 feet high mountains to fly over. But you could take the short cut of fly Thur tunnels carved into the maintain side at say 5,000 feet. And there would only be room for two planes to pass each other.  But there would be lots of these tunnels where you probably would never run into an enemy plane. This would be a great way to test pilots skills on flying their plane to get to the enemy base. I got more ideas that would sweeten this terrain up. But I have no idea how to do this. And I'm sure someone will break my bubble and tell me this is impossible to do. It may be.
One of the best times I've had on AH was flying through the mountains on one map that you could only go though these pathways that were kinda cut out. Up - Down and All Around to get over the mountains only to find 6 p-51's waiting for you. lol that was a blast.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
Re: Iwanna make a new Terrain unlike anything out there.
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2014, 05:23:04 PM »
40-50 k to fly over?

With GV spawns in the tunnels and re-arm pads on the tops of the mountains (or visa-versa - good luck and good luck).  :)

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 07:38:56 PM »
Well that is the point. I don't want them to fly over, I want them to fly though the tunnels. I'll put GV bases at 0 ground level and make it where they can't get to anything above 5,000 feet. The GV's are going to have there own tunnels to deal with. Heeee Heeee.........this is going to be about using your brain and vehicle/plane flying driving ability. heee hee hee :x :x :x

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 08:33:59 PM »
Can you even have a hole in a mountain? I dont think its ever been done other then with hangers and stuff.
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 11:25:01 PM »
Thats what I want to find out. I know several of us have a blast flying through the hangers at full speed. Imagine someone shooting at you. LOL!

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 02:23:33 PM »
Thats what I want to find out. I know several of us have a blast flying through the hangers at full speed. Imagine someone shooting at you. LOL!

That would be a blast. Need to make a control panel on the side of the cave that you can shoot before you fly through it to make it close behind you... killing all pursuing La7s  :rock

HiTech

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 03:03:33 PM »
You really do not want to make a new terrain, right now, given the update that is coming.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2014, 04:15:33 AM »
To the best of my knowledge there is of no way of creating a tunnel through a mountain using the current terrain editor. Maybe it could be done by adding some sort of custom object to the terrain but this would not be allowed in an MA terrain.

While HTC may add a way of creating tunnels with the new editor when it comes out I really doubt it, it hardly seems like a good use of their resources.

Best you can currently do is create canyons though the mountains like on several existing maps. It should be possible to create slightly tighter canyons when the new editor arrives as it will have a better vertex resolution than the current one.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2014, 10:48:59 AM »
Silly, at best.

Bridges to fly under?  Sure

Canyons to fly through?  Sure

50,000 ft mountains with tunnels to fly through?  Absolutely not.  Not even close to reality.  Not much different than asking for "Pink Stars" to fly through for power ups, or flying through "Golden Rings" to be invulnerable for 30 seconds or whatever.

Wag more, bark less.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2014, 12:37:50 PM »
Silly, at best.

Bridges to fly under?  Sure

Canyons to fly through?  Sure

50,000 ft mountains with tunnels to fly through?  Absolutely not.  Not even close to reality.  Not much different than asking for "Pink Stars" to fly through for power ups, or flying through "Golden Rings" to be invulnerable for 30 seconds or whatever.

This is not the wish list. He can make a terrain if he wants to.  :)

HiTech

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2014, 01:12:20 PM »
This is not the wish list. He can make a terrain if he wants to.  :)

Yep, and if he posts it here I can comment on it, thank you, go troll someone else.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2014, 01:24:08 PM »
Yep, and if he posts it here I can comment on it, thank you, go troll someone else.

I try to politely inform you that this thread is not about he approval of others but instead that the OP is curious if it is possible or not, and I'm trolling? You said "absolutely not. Not even close to reality." That's like telling a kid they can't paint a picture of a dragon because dragons aren't real. Well, that's why its a painting. Out of respect for the intended discussion I will comment on this no further.

P.S. I find your signature to be quite ironic  :old:

HiTech

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2014, 01:58:57 PM »
You made the comment "That would be a blast. Need to make a control panel on the side of the cave that you can shoot before you fly through it to make it close behind you... killing all pursuing La7s", and that's real nice that you agree with him and support what he wants to do.

Do you really think anything of this kind is going to be accepted?  I may have been blunt but this guy is about to put in a whole lot of work to make something that won't ever be seen more than likely.  My comments were directed at him, not you.  You being the troll that you are directed your comment to me because that's what you do.

I will continue to express my opinion on any subject I want and I will continue to not care at all what you do or think, thank you.

Now, at this time if you hold true to form, you will express how unfair I am to you through here or a PM while pretending to be absolutely innocent of any wrong doing and just a victim of my assumed vehemence.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 30, 2014, 02:06:39 PM »
Do you really think anything of this kind is going to be accepted?  I may have been blunt but this guy is about to put in a whole lot of work to make something that won't ever be seen more than likely. 

It would not have to be accepted. This is the custom arena forum, and one can make and put up any custom arena he likes :)
Steam: DrKalv
Elite:Dangerous: Snailman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: December 30, 2014, 02:12:00 PM »
It would not have to be accepted. This is the custom arena forum, and one can make and put up any custom arena he likes :)

Cool
Wag more, bark less.