Author Topic: Bombing points  (Read 812 times)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Bombing points
« on: January 07, 2015, 03:27:57 PM »
Say you land 10,000 bombing points...what do they translate to? Bomb perks? A free cup of coffee? Have asked this question on ch 200 and no one seems to know.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: Bombing points
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2015, 03:34:17 PM »
Say you land 10,000 bombing points...what do they translate to?

They translate to nothing.
It's just showing how much damage you inflicted enemy structures during that mission. It's only very remotely connected to bombing score points (which are massively depending on bomb size), and even less to perk gain (which is based on destroyed objects only, OBJ of your bomber, perk bonus multiplier at takeoff and whether you landed or not.)

Two players landing 10k of damage as per arena message can have very different perk and score points resulting from this.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 03:45:20 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2015, 03:49:01 PM »
To illustrate the above, here's an excerpt from my own bombing logs. I selected of couple of missions which resulted in very similar landed damage displays:

As you can see, perk & score gains are varying immensely.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MrKrabs

• Gold Member
      • AH-Freebirds.com
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2015, 03:52:27 PM »
27K Bombing points for killing HQ gets like a little over 1 perk

27K Bombing points for killing towns get ya around 5 "depending on bombload and eny of bomber" - See OBJ value
The boiling pot is put away and the crab has gone back to sea...

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2015, 03:54:13 PM »
Well that tends to make sense. You're the first person whose been able to explain that succinctly.

Here I was, thinking I was earning my way to a one week time share in Maui  :cry  :bhead

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2015, 08:26:30 PM »
To illustrate the above, here's an excerpt from my own bombing logs. I selected of couple of missions which resulted in very similar landed damage displays:

(Image removed from quote.)

As you can see, perk & score gains are varying immensely.

This is because of the perk multiplier. When arena is balanced or your country has a numbers advantage perk multiplier will be low. This factor alone really dictates how many perks you gain per sortie.

Town runs and factories other than city may yield higher totals vs base targets such as ammo depots and hangers. With that said, the more damage you do the more perks you have a chance at getting but if your shot down or don't make it back you get hit with a penalty.

393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO