Author Topic: What is Going on these days?  (Read 7067 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: What is Going on these days?
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2015, 06:08:48 PM »
I think Skyyr thinks people don't like him because of his flying style, which truth be told, his flying style is no different than many other players.  He's getting flak mostly because his game play is pretty pathetic.  Using a 2nd account to log into another side just to track certain players using the .wingman command than then to monitor what is being said about him.  That's just sad.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2015, 06:14:11 PM »
You've just boiled it down to the fact that you like to play your way, not matter how if affects others.

When you fly for "outcome", you are in direct conflict with the people that fly for everything leading up to the outcome. Since your play affects them, but not vice-versa, the implication is that it is you who should change. To refuse to adapt seems unreasonable to me, whether you think your system is better, or objective more valid, or not.

How'bout just try a no-HO thing for a week? See how that goes? Then up a P40 to see if you can have fun.

I fully respect your $14.95 and entitlement to play this game however you'd like. However I hope you understand that when you impact other people's enjoyment in order to reach your personal objectives, you are doing a disservice to the game and should expect criticism.

We don't ask people to play our way, therefore they shouldn't expect us to play their way.

-=S=-
Skyyr
Nov. 21, 2013 (Tour 166) - Oct. 21, 2015 (Tour 190)
Nov. 16, 2023 (Tour 286) - Current
Duels vs The Muppets: 8W - 1L
Triton28 (1-0), Changeup (2-0), Violator (1-1), Debrody (1-0), Batfink (1-0), Agent360 (2-0)
"Skyyr is Neo" - Violator

Offline palef

• Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2015, 06:16:47 PM »
I think Skyyr thinks people don't like him because of his flying style, which truth be told, his flying style is no different than many other players.  He's getting flak mostly because his game play is pretty pathetic.  Using a 2nd account to log into another side just to track certain players using the .wingman command than then to monitor what is being said about him.  That's just sad.

Sort of person who brags about shooting down 12 members of a widely publicised "Guns Cold" memorial flight.

Then claims that the main attraction of AH is ACM godliness, when it's actually a brilliant place to make friends with a common interest and wildly divergent backgrounds.
Retired

Offline Simon

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: January 19, 2015, 06:17:33 PM »
We don't ask people to play our way, therefore they shouldn't expect us to play their way.

-=S=-

Again, your way has a negative impact on others.

It does not work the other way around, unless you get bored because it's too easy lol.

The obligation is therefore yours to adjust, IMO.

Anyway, good talk. We'll do this again sometime soon! <S>

Simon

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #49 on: January 19, 2015, 06:24:23 PM »
You seem to correlate a energy fighting flight style with a lack of skill. I need not remind you our last several encounters where you attacked me from a disadvantage, one time even 1v3 on the deck. How did that end again? ;)

Ahh yes you are the god of gods when it comes to "killing" Please bring up the time you picked me while I fought others, and the times that I have Picked you out of the crowd, and of course the times where I throw away all me "E" just to get in there and mix it up.  AGAIN you miss the point.

The point here is that energy fighting is not a lack of skill, rather it readily makes apparent the deficiencies in other pilots' lack of skills. You, on the other hand, seem to make some sort of Freudian connection with gameplay tactics vs. overall player satisfaction in a world-wide sense.

wrong AGAIN. the POINT is that there are a number of styles of play and thos that you are decrying enjoy another style which is no longer prevalent in game play.

My opinion isn't the only one that matters, but I can also count on one hand the number of players I've encountered in the 12 months I've been here that actually understand air combat tactics outside of Aces High (I'm sure there's more that are here, but the low number I've seen is indicative of a general lack of awareness overall). When the average player here is too busy whining and posting about a front-quarter shot, that speaks volumes to the experience said player has in the genre of WWII air combat games. Go to any other sim and see what tactics are in use. You'll find, to a "T", the majority of experienced players will use the tactics I outlined above. That is where my opinion comes from, and it is readily validated by ACM and the genre as a whole.

"Sitting up on your perch and picking someone," to quote you, is killing them. You decry gaming tactics, yet you fail to realize your entire classification of the term "pick" is purely a gaming aspect. In air combat, it doesn't matter where you were shot or what tactic your opponent used - you were simply shot down. The same applies here - being shot down is being shot down. Any other attempt to call it anything else is this: an excuse to validate your playstyle.

"Good old knock down, drag out fights" - this is a term for two pilots who are screwing up, each trying to screw up less than the other. You highlight this as if it's the epitome of air combat, when in reality it's the very thing that ACM was invented to prevent. The goal of offensive ACM is to shoot down your opponent as quickly as possible. If you cannot shoot down your opponent as quickly as possible, then you're doing something wrong when it comes to ACM. And that's fine, you might enjoy that; however, to decry others who don't do things wrong is, yet again, an excuse.

Wrong again, while "real life" tactics work in this GAME most people couldn't care less about them. If we died for real then you can bet your backside that I would fly much more in the "style" you believe is the only way to fly. However as nobody really dies whats the point. Myself and many other are far more interested in pushing the "make believe" airplanes PAST there limits and out maneuver/out fly/out fight our opponents. How many time we get shot down doesn't matter, and the the kill is only a flag to say who won the fight. If you pick me/us and shoot me/us down ( oh and the odds are pretty good you'll have to pick at me/us a few times before you shoot me/us down) you didn't out maneuver/out fly/out fight me/us you just picked us.

I'd be more than happy to take you to the DA and show you first hand that it wouldn't matter if I had alt on you or not - the fights would proceed the same way. This is because energy fighting doesn't require altitude, and it can handle turnfighting 1v1 just fine. If you were interested in learning the truth, you'd accept; however, I doubt you will (and I doubt most would) because it's easier to believe in a romantic notion of what works than in your actual performance. Just ask Lazer.

Lazer, the guy who flies with a mouse?  :rofl
I've played several flight sims, and all of them go the same way. This one is no different.

-=S=-

Well maybe your the problem then. Lets see HTC WAS doing better a year ago  :devil
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 06:28:17 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: January 19, 2015, 06:35:26 PM »
See Rule #2
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:40:03 AM by Skuzzy »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: January 19, 2015, 06:52:03 PM »
It's like playing poker where all the cards are dealt face-up on the board.

Uh-oh.   :O  Looks like I'm going to have to run out and buy a poker board before the guys show up.   :bhead
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: January 19, 2015, 06:53:19 PM »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:40:20 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: January 19, 2015, 07:01:54 PM »
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 10:40:36 AM by Skuzzy »
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: January 19, 2015, 07:04:54 PM »
Years ago we had Zazen in his 190 same tactics similar strum on the guitar we poked at him and his camp without a death but we never let him affect us or our style of having fun gameplay. Rather than asking him to fly a p40 for a tour why don't you guys work on ignoring him for a tour.  
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: January 19, 2015, 07:22:02 PM »
IGNORE him

Here's the best part: Skyyr says that he wins by shooting you down, but the fact is it's actually very EASY to beat him. All you have to do is ignore him, and he loses.
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: January 19, 2015, 07:28:48 PM »
Lighten up and have fun will you guys that's the best advertisement HTC can get on the dollar, that's what new guys want to see, and throw in some ww2 plane history,

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2015, 07:29:54 PM »
Years ago we had Zazen in his 190 same tactics similar strum on the guitar we poked at him and his camp without a death but we never let him affect us or our style of having fun gameplay. Rather than asking him to fly a p40 for a tour why don't you guys work on ignoring him for a tour.  

I think you're thinking of Yenny...Zazen buzzed around in a Typh/Tempest usually and never really pretended to be a great fighter.
-AoM-

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2015, 07:31:49 PM »
I think you're thinking of Yenny...Zazen buzzed around in a Typh/Tempest usually and never really pretended to be a great fighter.

Back in the AW FR days, Zazen I think did well here but not the 190 menace from AW, if I remember right he didn't care for the AH 190, tried a 51 then ended up as you say Typh/Tempest
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 07:34:08 PM by Hungry »

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: January 19, 2015, 07:33:55 PM »
Ah could be, I don't remember him from AW FR. But then by the time I transferred from Mac to PC, AW was pretty well split up between AOL, Gamestorm, and a bunch of different arenas.
Your real point stands though. This is nothing someone hasn't done before. Cryyr is just the flavor of the week entertainment.
-AoM-