Author Topic: What is Going on these days?  (Read 7064 times)

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
Re: What is Going on these days?
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2015, 07:39:39 PM »
Lighten up and have fun will you guys that's the best advertisement HTC can get on the dollar, that's what new guys want to see, and throw in some ww2 plane history,

This guy gets it. This game is so currently devoid of actual competition and objectivity... and yet no one understands why gamers don't want to come to it.
Skyyr
Nov. 21, 2013 (Tour 166) - Oct. 21, 2015 (Tour 190)
Nov. 16, 2023 (Tour 286) - Current
Duels vs The Muppets: 8W - 1L
Triton28 (1-0), Changeup (2-0), Violator (1-1), Debrody (1-0), Batfink (1-0), Agent360 (2-0)
"Skyyr is Neo" - Violator

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2015, 07:41:16 PM »
Winner

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2015, 07:45:07 PM »
I’ll try and keep my time on the soapbox brief.

I think we’ve become a niche market within a niche market (Aces High, that is) We’re the stickshift character sports car in a world of bland SUV’s. The decrease in numbers has exaggerated the runners, pickers and ack huggers. They are all fixated on score so they will stay because they benefit from decreased numbers. If score was eliminated or annualised or made cumulative, that would reward long term effort. I think score is meaningless, but some dig it.

The learning curve is also very steep and time is precious. That’s why model planes went out of favour and jigsaw puzzles faded. It’s rare to find the time to perfect a craft. Same deal.

Skyyr
•   Crew like Skyrock and Changeup say the most insulting things. But they do it with wit and lack of malice. Therefore it’s funny. You have as much wit as a full colostomy bag. They contribute. You decrease the game’s dynamics.
•   I think the reason you don’t like turn fighting is because you’ll never be good at it. Your style isn’t creative enough. Your ego isn’t flexible enough to allow defeat. You’re too formulaic to be effective. A “one trick pony” who doesn’t fly a Pony.
•   Don’t keep inviting people (especially me) to the DA. I can’t speak for others but to me the DA is like a round of golf against someone you’ve never met. You play and at the end share a drink and a laugh and you’ve made a friend. You post to YouTube and quote statistics. I don’t think you get it. I’ll never DA you for that reason alone.
•   Anyone and everyone chucks a <S> to übersticks like Bruv and Snailman. They have a talent mixed with just the right level of modesty. They contribute. You decrease the game’s dynamics.

Doesn’t it say something that no-one except your minions ever support you? I have yet to encounter anyone with any regard for you apart from ability. Even your minions (when they’re on shade duty with us) apologise for you. You’re very strange to me.

I think you’ll self-destruct given time which is a pity. I know that if I know you’re around I have to keep one eye back and up. Adds to the game. Co-alt, co-e you’re a non event, you either run or die quickly. Anyway congratulations on your BnZ ability – very impressive.  The rest of the skillset needs work.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2015, 07:51:42 PM »
This guy gets it. This game is so currently devoid of actual competition and objectivity... and yet no one understands why gamers don't want to come to it.

If you really believed that you wouldn't make it all sound like work, yuck, in every post, I like to win as much as the next guy I compete roughly 10 hours a day. But if I sat down at the bar next to a guy like you, I'd move
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2015, 07:54:12 PM »
 :lol

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2015, 08:08:08 PM »

I think we’ve become a niche market within a niche market (Aces High, that is) We’re the stickshift character sports car in a world of bland SUV’s. The decrease in numbers has exaggerated the runners, pickers and ack huggers. They are all fixated on score so they will stay because they benefit from decreased numbers. If score was eliminated or annualised or made cumulative, that would reward long term effort. I think score is meaningless, but some dig it.

The learning curve is also very steep and time is precious. That’s why model planes went out of favour and jigsaw puzzles faded. It’s rare to find the time to perfect a craft. Same deal.

Skyyr
•   Crew like Skyrock and Changeup say the most insulting things. But they do it with wit and lack of malice. Therefore it’s funny. You have as much wit as a full colostomy bag. They contribute. You decrease the game’s dynamics.
•   I think the reason you don’t like turn fighting is because you’ll never be good at it. Your style isn’t creative enough. Your ego isn’t flexible enough to allow defeat. You’re too formulaic to be effective. A “one trick pony” who doesn’t fly a Pony.
•   Don’t keep inviting people (especially me) to the DA. I can’t speak for others but to me the DA is like a round of golf against someone you’ve never met. You play and at the end share a drink and a laugh and you’ve made a friend. You post to YouTube and quote statistics. I don’t think you get it. I’ll never DA you for that reason alone.
•   Anyone and everyone chucks a <S> to übersticks like Bruv and Snailman. They have a talent mixed with just the right level of modesty. They contribute. You decrease the game’s dynamics.

Doesn’t it say something that no-one except your minions ever support you? I have yet to encounter anyone with any regard for you apart from ability. Even your minions (when they’re on shade duty with us) apologise for you. You’re very strange to me.

I think you’ll self-destruct given time which is a pity. I know that if I know you’re around I have to keep one eye back and up. Adds to the game. Co-alt, co-e you’re a non event, you either run or die quickly. Anyway congratulations on your BnZ ability – very impressive.  The rest of the skillset needs work.

Wow, your entire post echoes exactly what I was thinking.

A huge +1
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2015, 08:17:51 PM »

Skyyr

This.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2015, 08:32:12 PM »

Skyyr

:lol  :aok
-AoM-

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2015, 08:32:45 PM »
If you really believed that you wouldn't make it all sound like work, yuck, in every post, I like to win as much as the next guy I compete roughly 10 hours a day. But if I sat down at the bar next to a guy like you, I'd move

:rofl
-AoM-

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2015, 08:59:44 PM »

Lies...you'd rock that left ear hole with an overhand right.  You can bet I damn sure would.

(Needed to prove ThreeUp right, lol)
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2015, 09:46:01 PM »
Threeup does have a way with words :) 

Firstly, its funny this topic has come up because as of last night I have decided I will NEVER fly alone in the MA again.  I will ONLY fly on squad nights.  Earlier posts are correct, most will not fight 1 v 1 anymore, they will run to ack or bash you in a pack.  I spent a good 45 mins last night flying a sector and a half, to the only fight on the map.  Once there its 3 or 4 vs me and yep .. first guy goes the HO and even though I try to evade I am hit, lost an engine or pilot wound.  Three times in a row .. I fly for fun and this is getting old.  So essentially wasted 45 mins because there was no fun to be had, no salutes after a good fight.

Second point .. I recently decided to fly Mid War so I am not harassed by 500mph ponies or LA7's, D9's etc trying to shoot me in the face.  Hope to see more in there :)

There are still a few of the good guys around who will give you a good fight on equal terms and a salute at the end whether they live or die.  But sadly this breed has dwindled to numbers you could count on one hand.

Peace
You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2015, 09:59:36 PM »
Wow, your entire post echoes exactly what I was thinking.

A huge +1
Another chicken dinner. :aok

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2015, 10:17:53 PM »
I've only heard really three reasons for people leaving the game, R/L got in the way is one, tired of gameplay(Pickers, HOers, Gangers), and graphics being a bit outdated/their computer can't handle the graphics.

Never heard anyone say, "the game was too easy, I had no competition there, those guys don't know how to fly"
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2015, 11:03:57 PM »
I didn't say that at all. I said, simply, that in a game where points are awarded for beating another player, my goal is simply to beat him.

Anything else you'd like to add that I didn't say?

Sounds like you have a case of severe small joystick to me.   :aok
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2015, 11:09:47 PM »

Skyyr
•   Crew like Skyrock and Changeup say the most insulting things. But they do it with wit and lack of malice. Therefore it’s funny. You have as much wit as a full colostomy bag. They contribute. You decrease the game’s dynamics.
•   I think the reason you don’t like turn fighting is because you’ll never be good at it. Your style isn’t creative enough. Your ego isn’t flexible enough to allow defeat. You’re too formulaic to be effective. A “one trick pony” who doesn’t fly a Pony.
•   Don’t keep inviting people (especially me) to the DA. I can’t speak for others but to me the DA is like a round of golf against someone you’ve never met. You play and at the end share a drink and a laugh and you’ve made a friend. You post to YouTube and quote statistics. I don’t think you get it. I’ll never DA you for that reason alone.
•   Anyone and everyone chucks a <S> to übersticks like Bruv and Snailman. They have a talent mixed with just the right level of modesty. They contribute. You decrease the game’s dynamics.

Slow clap.

A one trick pony that doesn't fly a pony - it's a shame that can't be stickied someplace.