Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23748 times)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #120 on: January 22, 2015, 05:46:24 PM »
Agreed the original AH Damned were a bunch of great guys

I concur with your assessment, this new flavor of the month squad it's like somebody left the tool shed open and all the tools fell out. 
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Triton28

• Gold Member
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2015, 05:54:59 PM »
 :rofl

Seriously though, I'll throw in Soulyss.  He's one of the reasons I wanted to learn the 38.  For whatever reason I happened to be around him a bit when I first started and whether he was beating my brains in or flying on my side, he was always a cool dude.   
Fighting spirit one must have. Even if a man lacks some of the other qualifications, he can often make up for it in fighting spirit. -Robin Olds
      -AoM-

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2015, 06:03:53 PM »
Isn't the goal of ACM to outfly and kill the other guy while surviving? I would think all flight styles primary goal would be not to die, relatively speaking.

The goal of everyone's style is to enjoy themselves.  What that translates to in game is different for about everyone.  It's easy to see why fighting from a disadvantage and winning is fun.  Planes and lives are unlimited.  Yes, it requires going to the tower plenty, but when it works its really fun.  Even when it doesn't work, many find the fight before they die well worth it.

AMAX  in game

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2015, 06:05:23 PM »
The goal of everyone's style is to enjoy themselves.  What that translates to in game is different for about everyone.  It's easy to see why fighting from a disadvantage and winning is fun.  Planes and lives are unlimited.  Yes, it requires going to the tower plenty, but when it works its really fun.  Even when it doesn't work, many find the fight before they die well worth it.

Sorry, should have added in RL.
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2015, 06:09:22 PM »

AMAX me and you may fly like that because you and i don't care if we die..  if every player in this game flew with the attitude of they don't want to die this game would totally suck.
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2015, 06:11:33 PM »
:rofl

Seriously though, I'll throw in Soulyss.  He's one of the reasons I wanted to learn the 38.  For whatever reason I happened to be around him a bit when I first started and whether he was beating my brains in or flying on my side, he was always a cool dude.   

And Murdr.  Hopefully he'll tire of the rock star scene and all the female groupies that go with it and starts to fly again.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2015, 06:13:09 PM »
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:15:02 PM by Zoney »
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #127 on: January 22, 2015, 06:30:51 PM »
Agreed the original AH Damned were a bunch of great guys

Seems the trend of new guys joining up with the established group and benefiting from credible association is beginning to be replaced with obnoxious usurping (or attempts at). There's a big difference between joining the community and attempting to take it over. I've noticed that not all former FA players are prone to the latter, however. Still, it's not like the community doesn't have a long memory and can differentiate between our beloved Damned and another group that just calls itself that. And it's not like the old sticks can't help the new sticks with said difference. While skill is admirable, character is more-so. Exhibiting both qualities (or even just the character part) makes for squadron legitimacy in this community

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:34:30 PM by Arlo »

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: January 22, 2015, 06:49:05 PM »
Seems the trend of new guys joining up with the established group and benefiting from credible association is beginning to be replaced with obnoxious usurping (or attempts at). There's a big difference between joining the community and attempting to take it over. I've noticed that not all former FA players are prone to the latter, however. Still, it's not like the community doesn't have a long memory and can differentiate between our beloved Damned and another group that just calls itself that. And it's not like the old sticks can't help the new sticks with said difference. While skill is admirable, character is more-so. Exhibiting both qualities (or even just the character part) makes for squadron legitimacy in this community

This

And I mentioned this point in another forum. Anyone who remembers the truly great pilots in the game. Most, if not all showed the same trait, That being character. Not the bafoonary we see some exibit.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 06:53:12 PM by DREDIOCK »
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #129 on: January 22, 2015, 06:49:45 PM »
You old farts will never learn, If you will not adapt and become stronger then you will be left behind just like the dust from you're azz.

Accept the fact that you're Glory times of old AH days are over and will never be, This is the new age of AH and in all honesty if you don't like it then quit playing. :D  :aok :aok

edit: I take back the above, I would rather you stay it would give me much more Joy to watch the whines roll in.
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #130 on: January 22, 2015, 06:50:15 PM »
You old farts will never learn, If you will not adapt and become stronger then you will be left behind just like the dust from you're azz.

Accept the fact that you're Glory times of old AH days are over and will never be, This is the new age of AH and in all honesty if you don't like it then quit playing. :D  :aok :aok

Love it!
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 29-7

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #131 on: January 22, 2015, 06:55:44 PM »
Like I said. Buffoonery
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Kruel

• Nickel Member
« Reply #132 on: January 22, 2015, 06:56:32 PM »
This is what happens when, win or lose, you give every kid a ribbon when they compete.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2015, 06:59:24 PM »
I admire guys like, Vilkas.

As far as where this thread, and seemingly all threads are destined to go lately...

I like Dr. Bone, and Anarchy too.

Bone makes one spot on point...Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Hopefully the rest of the pokemon catch on too.

- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2015, 07:02:10 PM »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!