Author Topic: Players to admire  (Read 23267 times)

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
Re: Players to admire
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2015, 04:50:30 PM »
Poison is just a kid fellers.  Leave him be.  Unfortunately he's acting the way he's been taught to act here.

Ahhhh rgr......didn't know that, thanks Changeup

Little advice from an older guy Poison, be the tree, not the shadow.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:26:35 PM by mbailey »
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Aspen

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2015, 04:51:07 PM »
Playing poker with Kenny Rogers gets old real fast.
AMAX  in game

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2015, 04:51:24 PM »
Condor,

We used to go through this with new muppets in the forum. Eventually it opened the door for the muppet clan to dive in and turn everything into them defending themselves against all of us skillz less dweebs not worthy of them. Even moot dove in back in the day.

So now Poison has only two of three options because of his age. Keep being wrong or call in skyyr and Kruel to save him. But, never option number three of getting a clue and exiting the stage with some class like grown men do. You and I may be old enough to be Poison's father contributes to his problem with leaving the stage.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2015, 04:53:33 PM »
We did not ask about advice.  You may beat many of us E fighting, but til the time you can use your crutch of aiming with the high eny planes fights when you are at a E disadvantage we will not ask you for advice.   I am willing to bet you will not last long.  

Remember you are still a newb to this game.   You have belonged here maybe 9 months.  I give you the fact that u know how to aim.  But you are a extremely timid player if you do not have the E advantage.  Also you have a ego the size of Texas.  Please type when you have thought about your thoughts. Not while you are thinking them

Condor, where did you come up with that buddy? I was fighting you in the DA a lot last night and you seemed to be improving a lot. Our fights almost entirely consisted of angles.

9 months I would say is enough time to grasp this game, time is not proportional to learning level for each individual player, although it is nothing in comparison to the 10+ years some in here have had.

Oh and I'm sure bustr must be saying something totally important right now, something related to how I am a "kid" and how that gives the 'know all' right to him, I just can't see his post  :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:57:28 PM by xPoisonx »
you have a ego the size of Texas.
Quote from: hitech
Texas is big, but not THAT big.

HiTech

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2015, 05:19:21 PM »
Condor, where did you come up with that buddy? I was fighting you in the DA a lot last night and you seemed to be improving a lot. Our fights almost entirely consisted of angles.

9 months I would say is enough time to grasp this game, time is not proportional to learning level for each individual player, although it is nothing in comparison to the 10+ years some in here have had.

Oh and I'm sure bustr must be saying something totally important right now, something related to how I am a "kid" and how that gives the 'know all' right to him, I just can't see his post  :D

All true.. I am talking MA flying not DA... DA you can do that and not being worried about being picked....

MA is much more demanding on your SA and also on your knowledge of your plane.. Combine it all into a High Eny plane and you will be amazing...

LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2015, 05:26:15 PM »
All true.. I am talking MA flying not DA... DA you can do that and not being worried about being picked....

MA is much more demanding on your SA and also on your knowledge of your plane.. Combine it all into a High Eny plane and you will be amazing...

This entire tour I have been flying my 152 low into the fight for ones that permit it, thats why my k/d is around 2-3 instead of 6-8 like it has been the last few tours. Jumping in a turny plane would be easier in this situation right?
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 05:28:28 PM by xPoisonx »

HiTech

Offline wpeters

• Silver Member
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2015, 05:38:35 PM »
This entire tour I have been flying my 152 low into the fight for ones that permit it, thats why my k/d is around 2-3 instead of 6-8 like it has been the last few tours. Jumping in a turny plane would be easier in this situation right?
Not necessarily, 152 has tremendous acceleration and high E retention.. Try a 109E or 109F some P-40's or the K4 without going high.... Some early Spits.One of the hardest planes for me is the P-38G or P-39
LtCondor
          The Damned
Fighter pilots are either high, or in the process of getting high.🙊
The difference between Dweebs and non dweebs... Dweebs have kills

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2015, 05:42:19 PM »
Not necessarily, 152 has tremendous acceleration and high E retention.. Try a 109E or 109F some P-40's or the K4 without going high.... Some early Spits.One of the hardest planes for me is the P-38G or P-39

Actually, the 152's acceleration is one of the worst in the game. At its altitude where it is fastest it takes 15 minutes even with WEP to go from climbing speed (160) to top speed.

Latrobe agrees with me here that the 109F is the best plane in the game, better then all the speed demons  :devil

I flew the P38G a ton the last few tours, it is a fun plane and easy to get perks in. Could make 200 in one night when anarchy made me get killed in my 262  :cry

HiTech

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2015, 05:45:00 PM »
109 E in the MA or BUST kiddos......... and Dahmer sure seems to enjoy fighting off the masses in a Hurricane MK1 as soon as his wheels start moving on pavement. In fact I would love to see a few of these "elite" players fly eny 35/40 planes for a tour let alone as a regular ride.... no sack I digress....

Oh wait I forgot. This game is about getting as many kills as you can per sortie.

Offline xPoisonx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2015, 05:46:55 PM »
Oh wait I forgot. This game is about getting as many kills as you can per sortie.

Is it Dolby? I never said that it was. You are a very good pilot in the early 109s so I would guess you know that those types of planes are more helpful in a slow speed furball then a speed demon.

HiTech

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2015, 05:58:36 PM »
Getting back on track...

I nominate JUDAS. If he doesn't end up killing me, he always makes me work for the kill. My favorite fight ever in this game involves my 109F and his Ki-84. A 7 minute knife fight the left both of us surging on adrenaline.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2015, 06:05:32 PM »
Getting back on track...

I nominate JUDAS. If he doesn't end up killing me, he always makes me work for the kill. My favorite fight ever in this game involves my 109F and his Ki-84. A 7 minute knife fight the left both of us surging on adrenaline.

He's a fun fight.  Had a 1v1 with him not long ago (P-38J vs. Bf 109K-4) and it was probably one of the better 1v1 fights against a Bf 109K-4 I've had in a long time.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2015, 06:16:44 PM »
I disagree with your statement of "anyone can fly his plane to his strengths and win". What about all the P51 190D LA7 "tards" that zoom around in the MA never getting below 300? They are flying to the strengths of those planes (speed) but I see very few that are successful beyond the typical 2-3 kill sorties.

Sure you can make a general high speed plane turn and beat people, thats awesome. But most people here seem to struggle with even flying conservatively and winning, so it doesn't make much sense to throw away all advantages to look cool when dying  :)

Don't get me wrong, if thats what works for those pilots, great. But their flightstyle is not really helpful to the common folk if they can't do the what you guys are calling "basics".

The pony has more than just speed. It's understanding the use of the instantaneous turn rates and not pushing it too far into a sustained turn. It's about getting to convergence and THEN taking your shot. It's about using the angles to get there with out burning excess E. The guys you see blowing around in the MA never getting below 300 don't KNOW their plane and so are NOT flying it to its strengths. They are just blasting around hoping for a shot now and then and count on the speed to get away when they screw up.

I'd bet there are less than 25 players playing now that can fly a plane to its strengths, because most players don't bother to learn them. They figure something fast with big cannons is best and that is all they need to know. I stand by what I said, ANYONE can fly their plane to its strengths and win, first they must learn those strengths.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2015, 06:21:15 PM »
Poison is going to end up holding the record for fastest PNG
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Oyabun

• Persona Non Grata
  • Copper Member