Author Topic: Triple Monitors  (Read 2885 times)

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
Triple Monitors
« on: February 05, 2015, 01:35:51 AM »
Anyone out there running triple monitors.  I am reconfiguring my set up and am considering going to a triple monitor setup.  Would love to know of any issues?

My system at present is Intel Duo Core E7400 2.8GHz, 4G Ram, Win 7 64 Bit, Nvidia GeForce GTX760

Cheers

NG

You break 'em, I fix 'em.
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
Re: Triple Monitors
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 04:04:18 AM »
I tried them for a while and did not like it.  No tech issues as such.

Your system is not that powerful but depending on the fruit you turn on the game will still perform.  Throw some more RAM in there - you do not have much at all.

With the 3 monitors I got a feeling that the peripheral vision was at a different speed than the main screen.  So an enemy on my right was slow slow slow then hit the middle screen and went wizzig past.  Probably a setup issue of mine but I never bothered to look deeper into is as I play on a 30" anyway and do not really need more.

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 04:53:45 AM »
Thanks .. yeah I was gonna chuck more RAM in as well.  My system runs it well enough.  If I have any issues will deal with them as they arise :)

<S>
RAAF Retired Aircraft Maintenance Technician, General Dynamics F111, Lockheed P3C, Douglas A20G & DB7

Offline hyzer

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 10:14:19 AM »
I've used triple monitors in both landscape and portrait mode.  In landscape I didn't feel I was able to use all the extra horizontal viewing area.  Don't get me wrong, it looked really nice and in other games it may be really usefull, for me not so much.  In portrait mode I feel the extra vertical view is actually very functional.
We have clearance, Clarence. Roger, Roger. What's our vector, Victor?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 10:30:13 AM »
Anyone out there running triple monitors.  I am reconfiguring my set up and am considering going to a triple monitor setup.  Would love to know of any issues?

My system at present is Intel Duo Core E7400 2.8GHz, 4G Ram, Win 7 64 Bit, Nvidia GeForce GTX760

Cheers

NG

For a rough guide turn off v-synch then take your current frame rate and divide it by 3. More RAM won't help with video issues..

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 11:09:52 AM »
You might want to wait.  The Oculus Rift and other devices will make using monitors to play games like a thing of the past.  The full scale look is hard to beat.  When is the only question.

Offline Crispy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.thegreenmountainboys.com
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 11:48:23 AM »
I am running 3 25" monitors and I love it. Looking straight ahead I see wing tip to wing tip.  I race "iRacing " also so I have a 80/20 cockpit I sit in. The monitors are like this: \_/ wrapped around my head kinda. My eyes are even with the edge of the side monitors and about 20 inches from the center monitor.  At first I had to get to the sense of motion...some times I would even feel a bit of vertigo.  But my SA is greatly improved and I really feel like I am in the cockpit.

My system is:

AMD 6core clocked at 4.0 ghz
AMD Radeon 3gig 7970 video card
16gig ram clocked at 1600mhz

I have shadows off and detailed water off with AA 3/4 of the way maxed.  Oh and the shiny plane thingy is off.  Runs it gust fine.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:53:51 AM by Crispy »

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2015, 01:34:10 AM »
Thanks guys .. all great replies.  Thats very interesting Hyzer .. hmmmm :)

Krispy that's exactly what I want to create .. :)

I am in the process of designing a simpit .. stage 1 is under way with Warthog stick extension for more realism and great accuracy :) 

Cheers guys <S>

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2015, 10:23:03 AM »
I would think the 760 video card might struggle with that configuration.  That is a lot of pixels to draw.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline NikonGuy

• Copper Member
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 03:00:49 AM »
Skuzzy as I build it I will update system as required. :)

Offline RedAgony

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2015, 08:57:24 AM »
I have triple monitors and trackir.  It's great for a little while.  But when playing aces high I like to have youtube up on other monitors for the long boring climbs to alt.

No problem running it.  Just find I need to be able to see stuff without completely alt+tabbing out of the game.

https://youtu.be/ufxvXvXAJFQ

Here is my setup (mostly) I have gotten rid of the chair, kept the monitor stand though.
This song came on, and I was invincible:

https://youtu.be/T3yPyc5ZdNs

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2015, 09:09:25 AM »
I have triple monitors and trackir.  It's great for a little while.  But when playing aces high I like to have youtube up on other monitors for the long boring climbs to alt.

No problem running it.  Just find I need to be able to see stuff without completely alt+tabbing out of the game.

Here is my setup (mostly) I have gotten rid of the chair, kept the monitor stand though.

There is no way to use a screen to watch/do anything while the game is running other than ALT TABing out. Thats the way HTC wants their game to run and Hitech said he wasn't going to change it (if I remember correctly).

btw, nice setup.

Offline Crispy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.thegreenmountainboys.com
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2015, 10:56:24 AM »
I am actually running 4 monitors, the game on 3 and on the fourth monitor I have the field maps up. Here is a pic....it is in race mode but you get the idea.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2015, 02:51:15 PM »

real sweet set up :aok

Offline RedAgony

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2015, 04:19:30 PM »
There is no way to use a screen to watch/do anything while the game is running other than ALT TABing out. Thats the way HTC wants their game to run and Hitech said he wasn't going to change it (if I remember correctly).

btw, nice setup.

Thanks!  What I mean is you can start a fullscreen youtube video on one monitor, then play Aces High on the middle monitor after it's started.  And if you REALLY wanted to do other things while playing aces high you could always use a boxer like VMWare since AH isn't really that CPU/Graphics intensive.
This song came on, and I was invincible:

https://youtu.be/T3yPyc5ZdNs