Author Topic: HTC please change the map of the CT  (Read 1300 times)

Offline R4M

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
HTC please change the map of the CT
« on: August 12, 2001, 03:59:00 PM »
HTC, please change the map of the CT from the norway one to the european channel map.

I love the Norway map, I love the long distances involved. I think is a way to see better historical tactics that just two fields 15 miles away leading to senseless furballing in the middle.

But happens that I'm one of the very few who thinks this way. This afternoon I've taken part in 3 CV sinkings 10 miles off the norway shore. Rooks are going to push their CVs into Norway time after time, no matter how many times we sink their CVs.

I would like to see in the CT that if you kill a CV you see it out of action for 4-5 hours until it respawns. As it is, all the LW fights are against Seafires, and most of them with 25% fuel load only. It kills any immersion you might feel.

Of the three times we sunk the CV, two times we had to hear from our own countrymates that we were ruining the fun of the arena.

I dont understand how a CV 10 miles off-shore is something historic, nor how to fight the same type of plane in no-brainer 2K furballs without other motivation than just to kill kill and kill for the sake of killing is something fun. Anyway I respect it,but I dont want to be seeing as a ruiner of fun by anyone,so now I've given up. There are 2 rook CVs off the norway shore again, just 10 miles off shore. And I dont want to set another jabo mission to get them because then I'll be "ruining someone's fun". Because they dont like to fly a decent distance to find a fight different than a 2K seafirevstheworld thing.

So please change it and set the channel map. In such a map people wont feel the overriding need to get a CV 15 miles away from a field, nor accuse their own countrymates to ruin their fun. The land fields will be near enough to each other.

If it is possible, in the new map enable the P51B ,P38L and P47D11 to add some american planes to the allied planeset. That way more people will be willing to join the CT in the allied side and the total numbers will go up.

I love the norway map, if it is going to be used historically. But to put a CV 10 miles away from the nearest Ju88 base is NOT an historical use, and IMO ruins the sense of the whole arena. And not being able to deal with them because your own team is going to take it in a bad way is something that really gets me.

Thanks.

[ 08-12-2001: Message edited by: R4M ]

Offline Steven

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
      • http://members.cox.net/barking.pig/puke.htm
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2001, 04:23:00 PM »
R4M,

They did say the maps (and I believe aircraft) will rotate and I believe they said they are listening to suggestions and will make changes if deemed warranted.  I picture the CT as being a lump of clay right now and we all have to begin to mold it.  It'll mature into something nice I am sure.

Just so the designers know my opinion (my vote), I really just love this arena due to pitting historical adversaries against each other.  The long fliht times do not affect me personally too much but it does seem to be keeping many away.  I have had some fun fights with about 10 v 10 starting at about 20K and then expanding out.  

Maybe in a week or two the map will change and then we'll have Great Britain and USA vs German aircraft.  Maybe after that it'll change to a Pacific Theater map and plane set or German vs Russian or other varieties.  I like this CT idea and think the future will bring some very nice maps/plane-sets.  (Guadalcanal, please!  OR can you imagine no land and just a few CV's and call it a Midway CT.)  

-Puke
332nd Flying Mongrels

Offline Animal

• Parolee
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2001, 05:39:00 PM »
I agree on the CV thing.

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2001, 07:51:00 PM »
I agree that I think the ETO map would offer in many respects the best of both worlds.

You have the channel fields for those looking for quick action. Yet the rest of the map is there with it's longer distances for those willing to put in the effort.

I also think that field capture should be possible in the CT. Perhaps not as easy as currently in MA, but possible.

Would it be possible to increase the damage required to kill acks, fuel, ord etc at an enemy field? Enough so that a single plane would not be able to close a field. It would take a concentrated group effort to effect a capture?