Author Topic: To contest myself or not?  (Read 1435 times)

Offline amp

• Zinc Member
Re: To contest myself or not?
« Reply #45 on: February 21, 2015, 11:47:19 PM »
Hey Guppy, glad you're back around.

That's the standard I always here - disruptive for the sake of disruption. 

If that's the case, where is the evidence?  Should you not be able to criticize any facet of the game you're paying to play?  That's the point I'm making, ROC is saying to the OP in this thread to toughen up and so on - where was that with him and the CM team?  It wasn't like Perdweeb was acting like Midway with piles of nonsense being posted - there was always a critical point regarding game design or features at the root of it, not just "you're my fighter pilot hero" types of nonsense involved.

:old: Not nonsense.  FPHs are important to some and a great example to many. :aok

Many people admire their sports heros:  http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/heroes.html

FPHs are no different once you realize how much time and effort they put into being the best and how nice they can be when helping out the less experienced. 

Fighter Pilot Heros indeed.  :)

:salute :bolt:
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 11:58:04 PM by amp »

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2015, 12:48:50 AM »
Holy God.  I don't even know where to begin.  I was a bit intoxicated when I was OP.  I love AH2.  BTW, my in game I'd is shake307.  ROC,  thanks for the long and motivational, if not a bit arrogant, post.  To the Fugitive, thanks for looking at my score and play time.  Didn't think anyone would do that.  I have not played recently for my computer is on the fritz and I don't have the funds to repair.  And to Wizz, how dare you say I am just another arcade player.  You don't even know me.  And to all those that say I am too "soft" for Aces High, I came from EVE.  I admit that a lot is my fault.  I play at odd times and I did have a bad day.  Upped a goon when called for but didn't have any cover in the whole sector.  Kind of dampened my mood.  If I cared about score, I wouldn't even up the damn goon.  I just want to have fun with a fun group.  I guess it all boils down to me having a tough time finding that.  A lot my fault, but I would like to have a little bit of flight time with others.  I have flown with some, and it was awesome.  Talking about Latrobe and LTown.  Those two were the most memorable. 

TL; DR Community seems rabid to keep any who come.  Computer kind of broken.  I am just looking for people to fly with.  Game ID shake307.
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2015, 06:15:41 AM »
Dude this game is hard. But it is real.  This is the big leagues. You might even go through different names as you develop. Its a dynamite game and it takes time to learn so just relax and die a lot like we all did. No one expects the level of difficulty when they first get here. That is the beauty of it. But you will learn real fighter combat to the realness. Hiteck does a great job with the planes
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 06:18:02 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: February 22, 2015, 06:55:14 AM »
I remember one of my first virtual combats. I was in a f6 and had this 51 coming at me. I thought cool I have an alt advantage! I had maybe 50 feet on the guy ehhehe He proceeded to clean my clock. Its not easy stuff to learn and after all these years I am still learning. When I came over from Air Warrior to AH I was "Shocked" at what was being said on the open coms channel hehehhe  I got over it. Its a competitive environment. That being said there are a lot of good people in this game. I tend to think the bad eggs are more visible because they cant control themselves and have the "look at me" mentality. Keep at it. You will find people as it seems you already have who you enjoy playing the game with. Eventually you will fall into a squad if that's what ya want. You may just decide to hang out and move around a bit. I switch sides and participate in the FSO so I can hang out with folks I normally would be fighting with and have a great time. Feel free to look myself and 71 RAF up when you are in the game. We tune to an open channel so visitors are welcome.

In closing.
"A bandit on your six is better than no bandit at all"..... :)  :aok
HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: February 22, 2015, 07:07:01 AM »
I was a bit intoxicated when I was OP. 
Drunk posting, like drunk dialing, drunk texting or drunk driving, is never a good idea. Ever.

And to all those that say I am too "soft" for Aces High, I came from EVE.
ADAM and EVE? just joking. I know of EVE.

On being too sensitive for Aces High, "Lighten up, Francis."

I was in the real life USAF, and it took me a while to comprehend the group behavior of making your friends miserable. Many guys told me that they wouldn't be messing with my head if they didn't like me. On the surface, it looks mean. In a group dynamic, it wasn't so bad. It was young studs testing each other. It was important not to look weak. There is the anonymity of the internets to make some guys into bullies. Nothing can be done about that.

Give back as good as you get. Establish personal bounds that you won't cross. Have fun with the airplanes.

I play at odd times and I did have a bad day.  Upped a goon when called for but didn't have any cover in the whole sector.  Kind of dampened my mood. 
Happens to everyone.

TL; DR Community seems rabid to keep any who come.  Computer kind of broken.  I am just looking for people to fly with.  Game ID shake307.
Four pages of posts in 32 hours. You touched a nerve.

If you are ever on rooks, look for me as RufLeak.  :salute
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2015, 07:15:47 AM »
Whats going on with your computer Shake - we may be able to help.

Oh, and dont mind the majority of this lot, good guys to a man/woman, once you get used to em.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline shake307

• Zinc Member
« Reply #51 on: February 22, 2015, 01:21:23 PM »
You are right Rufus.  Nerves were touched.  I appreciate all these responses.  I also appreciate the Stripes reference.  Now to answer gpwurzel.  My computer is having hardware issues.  It is an older laptop and the cooling fan will make this loud buzzing noise like a bearing or bushing is out.  Or it may be the hard drive.  Not really sure.  It only does it at certain times and concussive maintenance seems to make 8th stop.  I am nearing the time to buy a new computer as I don't believe the one I have is worth repairing.  Also, my in game ID is shake307.  Thank you all for lighting that fire under my prettythang :salute
Respect is granted, not demanded.

Let's get drunk and fly!

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: February 22, 2015, 02:19:40 PM »
Hey Shake :)  All good fun Sir, welcome to the game.
Arrogant?  Yep lol

About EVE online, I started that up about 4 months ago, spending my time getting used to the interface, doing missions, learning the overall concept of the game. I've gotten a few invites to join a corporation but until I have a better grasp on the basics, I'm not going to get into one.  It is clearly a more social game though, boring as all hell going solo and I can see the benefits of running with a group, but again, being a stubborn and ambitious type of person, I want to know the game and bring something to the group before I jump in.  I am really impressed with the overall structure of that game though, it's pretty complex. 
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.