Author Topic: ENY - get rid of it  (Read 905 times)

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
ENY - get rid of it
« on: February 21, 2015, 07:16:58 AM »
I have lost count of the times I have logged off due to ENY.  I am sure I am not alone.

I understand the concept but in low pop situations it is unworkable IMO. And , let's be honest, we are at low pop for most of the day.

Just let people fly!!!  it really is as simple as that!

Now, for all you guys that are going to come back at me and say 'fly a <xxx> it is a great challenge'  I hear ya, I really do ...BUT  the reality is I do not WANT to fly that plane.  I would rather log off, in fact I do log off.  I go spend time in another game!!!

I am not alone.  Please do not bury your head in the sand.  ENY is not good given the low numbers in game.  You invite players to play then you stop them playing what they want.  It has to be hurting the game and IMO is needs to be changed.

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
Re: ENY - get rid of it
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 07:41:19 AM »
Actually I think you are kinda alone. Most understand and accept eny and if they dont they just switch chess pieces. I never met anyone before who logged off due to it.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 07:54:31 AM »
Really?  So they just switch chess pieces?  I did that at the start of the night.  I joined the low side.  3 hours later ENY jumped from 0 to 20.

Explain to me how I am now able to change chess pieces???  OOOhh that's right -we have a side switch rule in place.

Also, I am gong to take a punt here that 10% of players post in this forum.  The rest just log off.  Look at the numbers in the MA - there are many reasons but for ME <and others have told me for them> ENY is one of the reasons we log off.

Please PM me your address so I can send you a bucket of sand to stick your head in.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2015, 08:12:00 AM »
I understand your pain but your missing an opportunity to learn another plane.  When you learn another plane it is easier to kill when you get your ride back.

The problem is if you change the balance system it will hurt other people.  No balance system is ever perfect.

I had the idea the other day that would do away with eny restrictions.  It is simply you get the difference in eny points when you get a kill.  The big deal here is you can loose perks like if a 51 kills a brewster as an example.  Kill a 262 with a 51 and you load up all the perks paid for the 262.  Needless to say this system has big problems but it was interesting anyway.

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2015, 08:19:42 AM »
id rather see the 12 hour rule go away than the eny system altogether.
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 08:29:00 AM »

There are many other (ignored?) posts on the issues of ENY.

For me, it is summed up by the statement that it is the best idea with the worst implementation that HTC has ever come up with.

I think that there have been many suggestions on how to teak/modify it and I think that it would be fair to say that most suggestions have not been responded to.   (BTW, someone once mentioned that they'll be flamed if they reply and flamed if they don't.  So maybe I understand).

(It would be nice if there was a wish list tracking/voting app so that everyone could see the history/development of a suggestion with place for HTC current thinking/position on the issue.)

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Butcher

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 09:00:52 AM »
Eny was never an issue for me, I mostly flew 20-25 eny planes because when the ENY started rising; I didn't have a problem adjusting to not flying a P-51 (not that I flew it much anyway since I usually only flew the C.205, P-38 and Ki-84).

I would rather have the 12 hour switch changed, but since I know it won't be its one of the few things that keeps me from coming back; I fly off hours mostly and the problem is jumping into a fight when i am online - I might switch just to fight a furball here and there, but when the fighting dies I pretty much have to log off because I am stuck on a dead side.

JG 52

Offline Latrobe

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 09:04:02 AM »
id rather see the 12 hour rule go away than the eny system altogether.

^^^^
 That! There is no need for it to be that high. 4-6 hours would be a lot more acceptable as it's around that time that the numbers start to change, fights move to other parts of the map, and ENY starts rising for another country.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 10:01:15 AM »
They will never get rid of it. There MUST be something to help balance the teams or there would always be one team a huge numbers advantage running over the other two teams.... like MW  :noid

With the low numbers, sure it can be and issue. The 12 hour rule is so that they DONT have these big swings and imbalances in the numbers, but with the low numbers those percentages come in MUCH quicker causing the ENY to jump much quicker. When 30% more players for one team could be 5-6 players it really does slue the ENY pretty bad.

HTC should look into adding something to the calculations that may slow that change over when the numbers are low.   

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 11:12:45 AM »
You can't blame HTC for ENY problems, blame the chess pieces that log to prevent a map reset LoL.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 11:38:31 AM »
You can't blame HTC for ENY problems, blame the chess pieces that log to prevent a map reset LoL.

How does loggin prevent map resets?

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 11:49:31 AM »
How does loggin prevent map resets?

Right now Rooks have the numbers advantage in LW pretty much all the time. Late at night when we start to roll bases numbers dramatically decrease when this starts. Normally that kills ENY and without easy mode any momentum is lost. For players who care less about the war they won't notice it but i have seen it time and time again. Sometimes the best defense is to log and kill ENY.

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline -ammo-

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2015, 11:50:12 AM »
Eny doesn't bother me much - but then again I like a D11.  I have been caught wanting to fly a P-47M or a perked F4U and couldn't but I always have my D11 to fall back on.  The "perks" of having a high ENY bird I guess :cheers:
Commanding Officer, 56 Fighter Group
Retired USAF - 1988 - 2011

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2015, 11:51:56 AM »
I am not much of an Early War or Mid War Arena guy, so this comment only refers to ENY in Main Arena.

ENY will continue to be worthless until the day it is repaired to include two countries ganging the third.  This goes for all three countries, and in all fairness.  If one side refuses to take another specific side's bases as a two country allegiance, then ENY needs to reflect that and the side that refuses to take bases needs to be penalized.  If any of the three countries allies itself with another and refuses to take that specific side's bases then they sure as hell don't deserve high-end rides to gang the third. 

The reason I see so many people leaving this game (read that HTC losing customers) is when it's 200 to 100 and there is no ENY price to pay.  Hopping sides only compounds that problem.

This proves the fact that that those who say they hop to the lowest numbers country (the side getting ganged)...don't.   The 12 hour rule is no excuse, as this scenario happens day in and day out at regular times of day and is more predictable than the National Weather Service.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2015, 11:58:45 AM »
You fix this problem with an economy style balancing system based on strats. Having an aircraft factory that is virtually useless to attack unless eny is high for a certain side.

CO-Fine
XO-KO