Author Topic: Bomber Kills  (Read 257 times)

Offline dixonaw

• Zinc Member
      • http://None
Bomber Kills
« on: March 15, 2015, 03:40:37 PM »
On several occasions I have made kills in a gun position of a bomber. These kills were reported on landing but when I look at my score No kills are registered for bombers. Why Not?

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Re: Bomber Kills
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2015, 03:44:44 PM »
If you don't see them go boom or a wing fly off chances are they had to RTB. A lot of things can happen between disengaging and the runway. Depending a pin the text buffer traffic you might have to scroll way back to see the kills especially if you kept flying for awhile before landing.
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2015, 04:28:50 PM »
In game the bomber "kills" are not posted. If you check the web page score page they will be posted there.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2015, 05:20:20 PM »
Explanation:

I.

All kills, no matter what you where in, you killed and which mode you have been in, are always tracked in the "player stats" on the webpage.

II.
There is a peculiarity with kills made in bomber mode: All kills of vehicles show only up on your score card in game. All kills of planes show up only on your score card on the webpage. (That's not the same as the "player stats" page).
Note that in both cases, the kills don't actually count for your score (=rank calculation) at all.

III.
There's a myth that kills in bomber mode show up on either score card depending on the weapon being used (bombs vs guns), but that one is incorrect. (I tested that long ago)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 05:22:42 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman