Author Topic: Won the War?  (Read 1387 times)

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
Won the War?
« on: March 20, 2015, 10:17:11 AM »
 :airplane: When a country wins a "map", or the war, the winning country gets bonus perk points as I understand it! Does every player on that country which won the war get bonus points or just the ones on line when it is won????
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
Re: Won the War?
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 10:21:31 AM »
Just people online. The only exception is a player that has been on that country less than 12 hours I believe.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 10:41:48 AM »
If a player hasn't been flying with the country for less than 12 hours, they don't get the perks.

If a player has been online within the last 12 hours, they get the perks whether they are still on or not.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 11:04:05 AM »
If a player has been online within the last 12 hours, they get the perks whether they are still on or not.

It used to be that way long time ago, but for some odd reason it doesn't work anymore.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Someguy63

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2015, 11:09:04 AM »
That explains why I thought you didn't get them. I haven't been a player that long.
Anarchy
#Taterz
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Imagination rules the world"

Offline earl1937

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2015, 11:11:07 AM »
It used to be that way long time ago, but for some odd reason it doesn't work anymore.
:airplane: Well,not sure what would be fair, but as long as some maps stay up, I would think anyone on line in past 48 hours should be entitled to the perks also, because he or she might have helped in some way to win that map!!! just saying
Blue Skies and wind at my back and wish that for all!!!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2015, 11:36:46 AM »
:airplane: Well,not sure what would be fair, but as long as some maps stay up, I would think anyone on line in past 48 hours should be entitled to the perks also, because he or she might have helped in some way to win that map!!! just saying

well in that case we knights should be getting perkies all day long,  we always help the other side win due to our endless desire to only furball :).

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Dragon Tamer

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2015, 11:50:54 AM »

I would't go so far to say 48 hours. Sometimes a map is won in less time than that. Maybe I would say anyone who helped on the current map but that can extend up to a week, and not every player helps during that time span.

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2015, 12:02:31 PM »

I wonder if that is contributing to high ENY numbers when online player numbers are low?

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2015, 12:17:52 PM »
I wonder if that is contributing to high ENY numbers when online player numbers are low?

I don't think so, because that rarely relates to the territorial status and at times numbers "inflight" can be particular low for an outnumbered, small country.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2015, 02:02:04 PM »
well in that case we knights should be getting perkies all day long,  we always help the other side win due to our endless desire to only take bishop bases :).

semp

Fixed that for you.
Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2015, 02:08:36 PM »
I don't think so, because that rarely relates to the territorial status and at times numbers "inflight" can be particular low for an outnumbered, small country.

Lusche, in my experience (playing late night US time with low arena numbers) the "logged in to get win perks" DOES contribute to wildly high ENY numbers. 

Some of the worst ENY swings I have ever seen have been close to map wins.  Just a few nights ago Rooks were 2 bases from winning the map while it was getting late.  While most of the Bish and Knights logged off, many Rooks remained (but not in flight) causing ENY to jump from between 12 to 18 (where it had been for a few hours) to 28 ENY while those last 2 bases were taken.

During that time, consistently less than half of the Rooks were "in flight".  The way the system works now (only getting the perks if you stay logged in) results in players who leave (AFK for sleep) but stay logged in, contributing nothing to their side but an ENY problem.

I'd love to see an hourly "kick" system that logs people out when they have been inactive for over an hour.  You solve several problems this way, including the ENY issue with those who log into opposing countries to drive up their ENY while they are AFK.  Getting back to awarding the "win perks" to anyone who last flew for the winning side, on that map, during the past 12 hours would help also. 

<S>
Ryno

Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2015, 02:19:10 PM »

I'd love to see an hourly "kick" system that logs people out when they have been inactive for over an hour.  You solve several problems this way, including the ENY issue with those who log into opposing countries to drive up their ENY while they are AFK.  Getting back to awarding the "win perks" to anyone who last flew for the winning side, on that map, during the past 12 hours would help also. 

<S>
Ryno

It would be nice, but sadly it's too easy to circumvent if people want to.  They also either wouldn't know/wouldn't believe they'd get the perks if they were logged in in the last 12 hours.

Also, for some reason many in this community act like you're suggesting barbecuing their puppy at the mere notion that people be booted for idling.  Don't understand it, but there it is.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2015, 05:06:18 PM »
Fixed that for you.

actually that is wrong.  we will fight the rooks at the begining because we just want to have a good time.  then we'll fight the bishops next week because we want to up our stats, hey easy kills are always welcome, then we'll fight the rooks again to have a good time.  towards the end of the month there's always the rush to fight the bishops again due to people wanting to score high and we, who doesnt like easy kills.

rest of the time we take bases.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Wizz

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2015, 08:37:22 PM »
actually that is wrong.  we will fight the rooks at the begining because we just want to have a good time.  then we'll fight the bishops next week because we want to up our stats, hey easy kills are always welcome, then we'll fight the rooks again to have a good time.  towards the end of the month there's always the rush to fight the bishops again due to people wanting to score high and we, who doesnt like easy kills.

rest of the time we take bases.

semp
So easy to find the gaps with you guys... split you wide open at will nowadays. Bishops no different. Appreciate your countries predictability!
393rd Bombardment Squadron

CO-Fine
XO-KO