Author Topic: Your favourite ride - and why?  (Read 6288 times)

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
Re: Your favourite ride - and why?
« Reply #45 on: March 21, 2015, 08:05:18 PM »
There is nothing more feared than the Spit XVI which is why it's my favourite ride.

Although it's probably the hardest plane to master and certainly the most undermodelled in game the effort to work with it matches the rewards.

You can always choose what everyone sees as the "easy rides" or "trainer aircraft" in Aces High like the 109 series or 190 series or what everyone sees as the "baby planes" which are the P38 series, but if you have the mettle and the determination the Spitfires are rewarding.

They're not for everyone, and be prepared for a lot of comments like "you're flying a Spit XVI, you must be married to a supermodel" and also most opponents just bailing before the fight and PMing you with "<S>, I knew I couldn't kill you, you're in a Spit XVI", but one learns to cope.

The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: March 21, 2015, 08:08:52 PM »
There is nothing more feared than the Spit XVI which is why it's my favourite ride.

Although it's probably the hardest plane to master and certainly the most undermodelled in game the effort to work with it matches the rewards.

You can always choose what everyone sees as the "easy rides" or "trainer aircraft" in Aces High like the 109 series or 190 series or what everyone sees as the "baby planes" which are the P38 series, but if you have the mettle and the determination the Spitfires are rewarding.

They're not for everyone, and be prepared for a lot of comments like "you're flying a Spit XVI, you must be married to a supermodel" and also most opponents just bailing before the fight and PMing you with "<S>, I knew I couldn't kill you, you're in a Spit XVI", but one learns to cope.

:rofl  :aok

Offline mbailey

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: March 21, 2015, 08:53:35 PM »

:aok :cheers:
Mbailey
80th FS "Headhunters"

Ichi Go Ichi E
Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

When the game is over, the Kings and Pawns all go into the same box.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: March 21, 2015, 09:34:06 PM »
The P-38, the sound both as they do a low flyby and inside as well.  They are not the best at anything but good at everything.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: March 21, 2015, 11:37:43 PM »

I suggest that Threeup wins the Three Wolf Moon T-shirt prize.

Congratulations, sir, well done!

- oldman

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2015, 12:50:43 AM »
spitty16s are tough to fly you gotta be a master to even turn them. I like my easy mode 38 :)
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Lab Rat 3947

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2015, 06:28:50 AM »
P38J for general fun
P38L for JABO
P38G when the base is being vulched. :old:

LtngRydr
LtngRydr
14th FG Grounded

80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2015, 10:37:59 AM »

LMAO That is so untrue...LOL!!! SpitXVI is like the easiest thing to fly.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2015, 10:43:19 AM »
Mine would be the A6M3-32. Love the roll and climb rate. Second would be the Ki-61 followed by anything else with a meatball on it  :cheers:

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2015, 12:40:07 PM »
There are too many fine planes to chose from that I could name a single favourite.

Only if it were just about beauty, there would be only one choice: The Ta-152H spreads its wings like an angle  :old:

an angle huh..... well it is your second, or is it your 3rd language?  :D
Does British English still count for a language?  :bolt:

On topic, I agree with Lusche/Snailman on the difficulty of the selection. It is a rock-paper-scissors dilemma.

1. Yak 9U all around. Fast, small, excellent visibility, good acceleration.
2. Ki-43 for slow, low turn fights.
3. FW 190A-8 for bomber killing; though, the Me 410 with extra 20mms is a strong second.
4. Tu-2S for bomb**** runs.
5. B-26 formation for bombing. Copious tail gun ammo.
6. Cruiser guns for cv killing.
7. M3 with supplies, because I am gv challenged.
8. P-40C for the AVG skin.

People who don't go through the hangar for a different ride once in a while are missing out on a lot of what Aces High has to offer.
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline TonyJoey

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2015, 12:49:34 PM »
The 51 just has the perfect combination of characteristics, in my opinion; extremely high speed, unparalleled visibility, solid and accurate gun package, very large fuel supply, and high speed flaps that can catch even some of the best turners in the game off guard when you cut inside of them. 

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2015, 08:24:54 PM »
LMAO That is so untrue...LOL!!! SpitXVI is like the easiest thing to fly.

Sarcasm and Irony - make them your friends and you'll never left wanting.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline Daddkev

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2015, 09:54:29 PM »
 :airplane: :airplane: :airplane: Your Mom....and my D-40!!!!!  :airplane: :airplane: :airplane:
God Bless America
Go tell Momm, im flying! and make me a sandwich !
EvilKev

2012 68KO Cup 1st Place finisher

Offline A8TOOL

• Silver Member
      • http://fdrs.org/banking_history.html
« Reply #58 on: March 22, 2015, 11:27:33 PM »

Agree with INK on Ki...one of my favorites.

Another would be F6. It don't climb well, it's not very fast, you can't see very well out the rear, it don't turn as well as some planes, it's been nutered by HT and knowing that, every enemy that see's you wants to kill you 1st. There are few that fly them well.

Love the FM2 too.

Offline Scotch

• Gold Member
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2015, 04:29:27 AM »
k4.  Speed to run people down and the KO power to finish them off.
c202.  Sweet performing little plane. Really fun to fight outnumbered in.
51d. such a stable platform, can "turn" well enough to produce shots to win a fight against true turn fighters.
-AoM-