Author Topic: Stolen Valor  (Read 1969 times)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Stolen Valor
« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2015, 07:50:42 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
"I remember SHRAP in his A-10 defending
my helicopter from the Cong in Iraq."

- Brian Williams

:rofl
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2015, 09:39:41 PM »
One part of his story is true. The Arkansas Air National Guard did fly A-10s.

The base is about 45 minutes away from where I live.

My question would be what years were you actively flying a-10s?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 09:49:47 PM by kilo2 »
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2015, 10:19:17 PM »
You havnt lived until you have lived thru a combat zone.
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2015, 12:20:18 AM »
OK, this time it is me FBDragon. I do know him outside of AH, from talking with him on the outside world I do believe he was or is in the ANG. Is he a pilot, I can't say because we don't talk too much about the military then (I had enough of the navy so I don't like to talk about it) personal reasons on my part!!

I don't throw accusations at anyone but this does need to be cleared up, just do it a civilized matter!!!! Throwing stones is not gonna get any where!! Shawn's a good guy, Idon't think he has a reason to lie about his service. That's is my opinion though!!! I respect everyone here in AH so I hope everyone will do the same. :salute :salute :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2015, 12:30:52 AM »
OK, this time it is me FBDragon. I do know him outside of AH, from talking with him on the outside world I do believe he was or is in the ANG. Is he a pilot, I can't say because we don't talk too much about the military then (I had enough of the navy so I don't like to talk about it) personal reasons on my part!!

I don't throw accusations at anyone but this does need to be cleared up, just do it a civilized matter!!!! Throwing stones is not gonna get any where!! Shawn's a good guy, Idon't think he has a reason to lie about his service. That's is my opinion though!!! I respect everyone here in AH so I hope everyone will do the same. :salute :salute :salute

:salute
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline JVboob

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2015, 05:51:53 AM »
When people ask what plane you fly because your Air Force just tell them you fly an X-Wing lmao. I hate when everyone thinks your a pilot. smh worst part is a person believed me  :x
"Sighhhhhhhhhh, office closed do to ice for a day, And I miss a thread like this.."HiTech
Armed N Hammered 2002-2003
JG44 Night Hawks/JV44 Butcher Birds 2003-2009
49th Fighter Group fightn' 49ers Feb2012-present
138th FW Tulsa, OK 2009-2015

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2015, 06:39:39 AM »

Easy enough to clear up, just need a copy of his DD214 and in 6 yo 8 weeks StolenValor.com can verify it with the DOD.  Of course if the DD214 was altered that's a crime and the DOD may want to do a followup with him.    But in most cases they do nothing because the subject of the verification usually claims that they didn't alter the document, someone else must have.  But we would have a copy of his real DD214 and know if he's a liar liar pants on fire, kinda guy.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2015, 08:51:24 AM »
I think Shawn got his feelings hurt. Air nat'l guard must be the more sensitive types. I, of course, am of a tougher breed, being a bona fide space commando ninja sniper.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2015, 09:14:12 AM »
I couldn't see someone who is an a10 pilot writing like that.  Lower case letters and 8 periods later, I just cannot logically believe he is a pilot with the amount of emotion he uses while writing. Now, I could see him working on a10s or what ever, but I'm not seeing the correlation to a pilot here.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2015, 02:32:23 PM »
Easy enough to clear up, just need a copy of his DD214 and in 6 yo 8 weeks StolenValor.com can verify it with the DOD.  Of course if the DD214 was altered that's a crime and the DOD may want to do a followup with him.    But in most cases they do nothing because the subject of the verification usually claims that they didn't alter the document, someone else must have.  But we would have a copy of his real DD214 and know if he's a liar liar pants on fire, kinda guy.

Now see, this is what I mean about being civil!!!   :saluteTraveler :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2015, 03:20:24 PM »
Really don't like the hero worship vets get. I have enormous respect for them and what they do, but it's quite questionable if they're heroes.

Especially given the morally ambiguous stuff the US military has been involved in of recent decades. Defending the homeland is one thing. Taking part in defense of US financial and politics interests abroad is another thing entirely.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2015, 03:37:36 PM »
Politics - will kill AH threads.

Offline FBKampfer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2015, 05:22:35 PM »
It's not politics, it's fact. No war fought in recent history has been in defense of US citizens at home, and no enemy has posed an existential threat to the US.

Now if you want to get into a value judgment of the wars, that's another story.

However all I'm saying is that there's a big difference between giving your life to defend your home from existential crisis, and fighting terrorism because it's bad in general for the world you happen to be a part of.

I make no judgment or criticism of the government or its soldiers here. I can't stress that enough.
AvA Development Group
Freebird SAC member

Great men are forged in fire; it is the privilege of lesser men to light the flames.

Offline DaveBB

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2015, 05:32:35 PM »
I am going to ask one final time.  Am I, or am I not getting a ride in an A-10C with karp?
Currently ignoring Vraciu as he is a whoopeeed retard.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2015, 05:33:08 PM »
It's not politics, it's fact. No war fought in recent history has been in defense of US citizens at home, and no enemy has posed an existential threat to the US.

Now if you want to get into a value judgment of the wars, that's another story.

However all I'm saying is that there's a big difference between giving your life to defend your home from existential crisis, and fighting terrorism because it's bad in general for the world you happen to be a part of.

I make no judgment or criticism of the government or its soldiers here. I can't stress that enough.

You're not getting me. What you are inserting will kill this thread. (May be just as well. *ShruG*)
« Last Edit: March 27, 2015, 05:37:48 PM by Arlo »