Author Topic: Don't move controls too rapidly  (Read 3330 times)

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
Re: Don't move controls too rapidly
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2015, 05:33:04 PM »
Directly pretty much. Anyone have a source for them? Could use a few for the spares box myself while we're on the subject.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2015, 08:04:59 PM »
It's unlikely that spiking pots are triggering the lock up. Lock up generally requires rapid full deflections. This is easy to demonstrate by locking up on purpose. A little jitter in the rudder shouldn't be a problem.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2015, 01:10:07 AM »
It's unlikely that spiking pots are triggering the lock up. Lock up generally requires rapid full deflections. This is easy to demonstrate by locking up on purpose. A little jitter in the rudder shouldn't be a problem.

thats what I would think :aok

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2015, 05:57:49 AM »

I gave my oscilloscope to my brother but I suspect if i still had it, I would see the spike would show a full range of travel on occasions.

thats what I would think :aok

When you look at your raw data on the W7 settings, does it jump around without touching the control?
What about you FLS?

« Last Edit: April 09, 2015, 06:07:32 AM by Randy1 »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: April 09, 2015, 06:57:18 AM »
I gave my oscilloscope to my brother but I suspect if i still had it, I would see the spike would show a full range of travel on occasions.

When you look at your raw data on the W7 settings, does it jump around without touching the control?
What about you FLS?

I don't have W7....

can you stay on Auto Pilot?

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: April 09, 2015, 07:08:01 AM »
Quote from: ink link=topic=371186.msg4948494#msg4948494 date=1428580638

[/quote

Good point.
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: April 09, 2015, 05:58:02 PM »
No offense,  but when I get behind you in the MA,  your plane is flopping like a fish on land.  I think it is working as intended.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2015, 07:17:47 AM »
No offense,  but when I get behind you in the MA,  your plane is flopping like a fish on land.  I think it is working as intended.

Yours too. 

Again, it has never ever happened on defense

I try not too porpoise or do an stick jiggling on defense but if I kill the power and flop the rudder back and forth to kill speed for an over shoot it could appear that way.  But again this has never ever happened on defense. 
I don't have W7....

Yes but I rarely use auto pilot.  I manually trim.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: April 10, 2015, 09:26:33 AM »
Ink's point was that if your stick was doing something entirely on its own without any input from you it would break auto pilot as if you'd jerked the stick or pedals.

Be a good test to determine if the error was in the stick or.... elsewhere.

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2015, 12:34:04 PM »
Ink's point was that if your stick was doing something entirely on its own without any input from you it would break auto pilot as if you'd jerked the stick or pedals.

Be a good test to determine if the error was in the stick or.... elsewhere.

Drano best I can tell is the spikes push it over the edge when stick movement is already aggressive in very low speed, near stall situations and in pursuit  using the pedals more than in regular flight.   It never happens in straight level flight or like in a dive bomb attack.  The toe brakes are now randomly sticking even though I have tightened the pot connectors

It did not happen last night but it did happen twice the night before.  Lazer got a proxy on one of those times when it froze and I clipped a tree.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2015, 03:34:03 PM »
Drano best I can tell is the spikes push it over the edge when stick movement is already aggressive in very low speed, near stall situations and in pursuit  using the pedals more than in regular flight.   It never happens in straight level flight or like in a dive bomb attack.  The toe brakes are now randomly sticking even though I have tightened the pot connectors

It did not happen last night but it did happen twice the night before.  Lazer got a proxy on one of those times when it froze and I clipped a tree.

for that message to appear you need to go full motion on the stick/rudder very quickly back and forth....AFAIK

if you can stay on auto pilot then the stick/rudder is not spiking....that will absolutely break Auto pilot...

Lazer has been doing this for a long time and he is not an idiot.....he says you flop around which would be quickly going full motion on the stick or rudder.....

I am guessing you are trying too hard and putting to much motion into the stick....

I know you are not "new" but you haven't been at this a long time....I know when I have fought ya in the past you seemed to try to use your E and stay fast....

I am guessing you have become more aggressive in your fighting and just not used to that fighting style.....

with time you will and I bet that message will stop.

I could be completely wrong.....it has happened once or twice :D

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2015, 06:43:34 PM »
Randy i have never hear of this happening,  i also dont know much about joysticks.  Have you tried turning sensitivity down in the advance control settings?  I wasnt taking a shot at you with my previous comment.  :cheers:

Offline Skyyr

• persona non grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2015, 07:49:11 PM »

This has been my experience with Randy as well, and over numerous encounters at that.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - 296

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 30-11

KOTH Wins: 6, Egos Broken: 1000+

Mmmmm... tears.

Offline glzsqd

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2015, 08:07:42 PM »
I hope the new update will model the Pilot vomiting all over the wind screen from the stick stirring :D. it'll be like a green smelly oil leak.
See Rule #4

Offline mikev

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2015, 09:41:39 PM »
I hope the new update will model the Pilot vomiting all over the wind screen from the stick stirring :D. it'll be like a green smelly oil leak.

glzz if your on my 6 again and i puke trying to avoid you and mess up my new stick im going to put a spell on you that your plane will always fly upside down.... :devil
1 Of these days you will regret shooting me down.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_R4qb6_RPUc