Author Topic: Dog Lovers around NH area  (Read 618 times)

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Dog Lovers around NH area
« on: April 02, 2015, 04:30:49 PM »
ok here is the situation.....I have a Red Doberman pincher that is 2 years old at my house... he can not stay were he was at....I can not keep him...he needs to be in a good home, he is a very good dog.... but seems to be head shy....I do know he was abused but not to what extent, he is slightly skinny but that could be just the breed, he is pure breed, they dropped off all his paperwork with him....so I know for sure he is pure....he truly is a great dog, I am not just pumping sand up your arse....if we had room I would keep him....but I just friggen cant.....please if you want a great dog, that truly still wants to be around people(I have no idea why) please send me a message or if you know someone who would take good care of this animal please share this with them....I cant keep him I have my female Amstaff that can still be impregnated.....I am not just gonna give him to any joe smoe he must go to a good home. some pics

any of you Dog lovers know someone who is near me, that would Love this dog the way he deserves...please PM me.

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
Re: Dog Lovers around NH area
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2015, 05:21:22 PM »
Nice looking dog.... does look skittish... but I'm sure in the right place he will be awesome once he finds trust...
Unfortunately I live far too far away...

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2015, 05:31:27 PM »
I'd take him but you know my dog situation. :D

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2015, 05:42:51 PM »
ya it sux, he really is a good dog, not emotionally ruined, really enjoys being around people...I just don't have the room time or money for another dog....

he was literally dropped off at my door...someone asked my son to watch him...for a day...I thought it was funny they dropped all his paper work of with him.... :bhead :bhead

"common sense" should changed to "extremely rare sense"

Offline homersipes

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2015, 07:25:28 PM »
do you know if he is good tempered with other dogs?  I guess if I had READ you have a dog  :lol  he okay with kids?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 07:36:28 PM by homersipes »

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2015, 11:12:56 AM »
do you know if he is good tempered with other dogs?  I guess if I had READ you have a dog  :lol  he okay with kids?

ya man he is excellent with dogs and kids....I still have 2 younger kids, he is really a sweet dog, I haven't seen any aggressiveness at all. he just wants to be lved, he always comes over and puts his head in your lap, he really just wants to be around people....and my female Staffy haha

edit

not only that but he is very smart, he was not trained at all, yet he learned sit...stay...leave it.....very quickly....truly wish I could keep him...

one thing when ever someone knocks on the door he gets to barking pretty good, but once the people are in the house he is fine, doesn't growl or continue when I tell him to stop.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 11:16:02 AM by ink »

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2015, 12:08:44 PM »
 Ink,

I hope you find a good home for the dobie,they can be great dogs! I had one when I was a kid,well I was a teenage punk but Nish was a great dog.

They thrive best when given a job,even if it's just to bark when someone comes to the door! As you have noticed they train easy because they are a working dog that wants to please his master.

He does look a little lean and maybe slightly small for a dobie but you will find the dobies with German lines will tend to be slightly smaller than those with lines from NA.

Oh and the best dobbie,or any dog for that matter is a tired dobie so keep him busy running and when someone comes to look at the dog,they will be impressed with how behaved he is,you'll know he's just dog tired but thats a good thing! :devil

:salute

PS: I wish I could give him a home but my staffie wouldnt put up with another dog in her yard! :noid

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2015, 02:38:37 PM »
Ink,

I hope you find a good home for the dobie,they can be great dogs! I had one when I was a kid,well I was a teenage punk but Nish was a great dog.

They thrive best when given a job,even if it's just to bark when someone comes to the door! As you have noticed they train easy because they are a working dog that wants to please his master.

He does look a little lean and maybe slightly small for a dobie but you will find the dobies with German lines will tend to be slightly smaller than those with lines from NA.

Oh and the best dobbie,or any dog for that matter is a tired dobie so keep him busy running and when someone comes to look at the dog,they will be impressed with how behaved he is,you'll know he's just dog tired but thats a good thing! :devil

PS: I wish I could give him a home but my staffie wouldnt put up with another dog in her yard! :noid

never been a fan of the breed, but he is a good dog...I can see he wants to please the Alpha male bigtime....whereas my female Amstaff just wants food and could care less if she is around people haha

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2015, 04:03:20 PM »
 Good luck, I hope you place him well. I've had many dobies. The ONE thing they need is personal interaction. Touching, talking, getting your head on their level....if you love them, they will go to death for you.
                                                                                   JGroth

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2015, 04:40:39 PM »
Good luck, I hope you place him well. I've had many dobies. The ONE thing they need is personal interaction. Touching, talking, getting your head on their level....if you love them, they will go to death for you.
                                                                                   JGroth

you are dead on with that...wow...he reminds me of my old APBT, she had to be by my side...he is the same....

ok ill be honest..... I am trying to convince my wife to let me keep him :o

he is an awesome dog :cry

Offline Groth

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2015, 05:37:48 PM »
 I married a woman who was deathly( as in get shakes lose mind)afraid of dogs due to childhood incident. My brother was breeding dobies while he still lived w/parents. She could not bear to even pet any dog.
 We, everyone but her, went out one day, leaving her alone w/moma dobie.
 While we were gone 'a man' came knocking at door. She answered, he asked to use phone, she said she'd call for him, went to close door and he put his foot in the door jam...
 Moma dog had quetly been standing behind her, unnoticed. When he put his foot in door and his hand on door knob she put herself between them and did everything but bite him, he beat feet.
 When we got home, they were both on the couch, and she was loving that dog.
 We got puppie from her next litter, that dog helped me raise my kids. My daughter would go on dates..if she liked guy they'd pull up at 10pm and stay in car a while...if she didn't she'd come right to porch, were Tracy would jump on picture window loudley barking.."I must go in...dog is having a fit." ..than when inside it'd be "Tracy, your such GOOD dog.." Love love love
                              JGroth

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2015, 07:30:28 PM »
you are dead on with that...wow...he reminds me of my old APBT, she had to be by my side...he is the same....

ok ill be honest..... I am trying to convince my wife to let me keep him :o

he is an awesome dog :cry
Man that is a beautiful dog, just scratch off some more stuff off the honeydo list I'm sure she'll come around.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2015, 09:26:32 PM »
I married a woman who was deathly( as in get shakes lose mind)afraid of dogs due to childhood incident. My brother was breeding dobies while he still lived w/parents. She could not bear to even pet any dog.
 We, everyone but her, went out one day, leaving her alone w/moma dobie.
 While we were gone 'a man' came knocking at door. She answered, he asked to use phone, she said she'd call for him, went to close door and he put his foot in the door jam...
 Moma dog had quetly been standing behind her, unnoticed. When he put his foot in door and his hand on door knob she put herself between them and did everything but bite him, he beat feet.
 When we got home, they were both on the couch, and she was loving that dog.
 We got puppie from her next litter, that dog helped me raise my kids. My daughter would go on dates..if she liked guy they'd pull up at 10pm and stay in car a while...if she didn't she'd come right to porch, were Tracy would jump on picture window loudley barking.."I must go in...dog is having a fit." ..than when inside it'd be "Tracy, your such GOOD dog.." Love love love
                              JGroth

:aok

Man that is a beautiful dog, just scratch off some more stuff off the honeydo list I'm sure she'll come around.

:pray

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #13 on: April 05, 2015, 12:01:55 AM »
INK if I was closer I would take him /her in

LawnDartr
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: April 05, 2015, 07:30:18 AM »
Meet in PA or VA and stay over one night?

That's about half way.
Game handle: HellBuck