Author Topic: Congratulations Rud3boi!  (Read 2796 times)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Re: Congratulations Rud3boi!
« Reply #45 on: April 06, 2015, 04:55:00 PM »
Well done  :cheers:
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #46 on: April 06, 2015, 05:11:14 PM »
I believe you, you tried to tell me you were a General.
I was somewhat disappointed when you 2 went off to another channel up til that point I was having a good laugh.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2015, 02:20:03 AM »

for the average joe...no they are not easy.

spit 16 that is easy...huge difference.

KI-84 = a tough Spit 16 in drag.  Nuff said!    :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2015, 05:22:27 AM »
mmm.... no tactical flying using attack vs fighter mode... no über jet dweebing... almost exclusively blue planes...  :headscratch:

I couldn't pull that off  :old:

:salute

That is so true and all at 8k or less.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline tunnelrat

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2015, 09:28:09 AM »

In-Game: 80hd
The Spartans do not enquire how many the enemy are but where they are.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2015, 11:46:48 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Well like a lot of the arguments against the F4U being EZ mode, poor acceleration...needs flaps management...the KI84 they will say it's a bit more unstable. K4 has a similar argument...everything is great about that plane but it has bad views and the gun is hard to learn...still easy mode in my book.

There are easy mode attributes to all planes...Mossy is consider a harder plane to fly but I would say it's over the nose views with its awesome guns make it a lot easier.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2015, 12:16:42 PM »

:aok
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 26-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2015, 12:17:55 PM »
Neither the F4U or any 109 is an easy mode plane. The fact that it is hard to stay fast and not get picked in both planes makes them difficult to fly. The 109s cannot dive, huge crutch, the F4U doesn't gain speed easily, huge crutch. The level of SA in both of these planes is significantly greater than many other easier to fly planes. On top of that, you have to learn the fighting styles of both planes and be successful at them. The fighting styles for both planes takes some time to learn. Shooting 50 cals is a lot different than shooting a 30 mil. You have to employ different fighting styles to use the guns to their most effective means. In the 109 you have to slash attack and make quick angle deflection shot. Most haven't learned that. In the F4U you have to gain the 6 and sprey a 2 burst. In either of the planes, you can get picked easily by not shooting the guy down quickly enough and continuing to engage even though other con's are on their way. This makes it difficult to get out of the fights thus makes it hard to be successful it. Most of the time in either plane, you have to make 2 or 3 slower passes and kill your speed to get the kill, this is bad when 2 la7s are on the way to get you.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 12:22:11 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2015, 02:02:41 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:17:14 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2015, 02:19:42 PM »

why are you quoting me?

why are you talking to me?

I don't like you....you don't like me....

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2015, 02:30:17 PM »
LOL nath, I was mad drunk bro. I was drinking Grey Goose with pear juice. I had fun tho.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2015, 03:01:01 PM »
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 03:22:46 PM by Skuzzy »
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: April 08, 2015, 06:38:22 PM »
Neither the F4U or any 109 is an easy mode plane. The fact that it is hard to stay fast and not get picked in both planes makes them difficult to fly. The 109s cannot dive, huge crutch, the F4U doesn't gain speed easily, huge crutch. The level of SA in both of these planes is significantly greater than many other easier to fly planes. On top of that, you have to learn the fighting styles of both planes and be successful at them. The fighting styles for both planes takes some time to learn. Shooting 50 cals is a lot different than shooting a 30 mil. You have to employ different fighting styles to use the guns to their most effective means. In the 109 you have to slash attack and make quick angle deflection shot. Most haven't learned that. In the F4U you have to gain the 6 and sprey a 2 burst. In either of the planes, you can get picked easily by not shooting the guy down quickly enough and continuing to engage even though other con's are on their way. This makes it difficult to get out of the fights thus makes it hard to be successful it. Most of the time in either plane, you have to make 2 or 3 slower passes and kill your speed to get the kill, this is bad when 2 la7s are on the way to get you.
M2 vs Mk108 your argument there is wrong, if Bustr shows up he will show you that the MK108 has some of the worst qualities in the game(I believe the only weapon with a worse drop in the Hurri 2 Ds 40mm) M2 > MK108 any day...now as far as fighting styles, slashing attacks, saddling opponents...I used to say aircraft has something to do with that but in the end it's all ACM, I can use slashing attacks in a hog and clip different parts(if not shoot down completely first pass because M2s are very lethal) and I can saddle an opponent in a K4 and put a tator in his butt, ACM is all about maneuvering your aircraft in a way to kill an opponent....Why I think planes are easy mode is because they do certain flight characteristics in a certain way which makes ACM easier to do in the MA. (F4U has a fast and maneuverable dive rate so BnZ is VERY EASY to do in it)

Most of your arguments can be said for the same planes you and others call easy mode.. "you can get picked easily by not shooting the guy down quickly enough" That applies to all planes.....

No you don't have to slow down "most of the time" if you are slowing down the problem isn't the plane...it's the pilot. Now are you slowing down because your trading speed for ALT?

Views in both aircraft do make it harder for SA(Did they update the views in the hogs??? I feel like they are better these days") but look at the LA7 compared to a K4, their views are comparable.

109s do not dive well.....rgr tracking(I fly them enough) but it's acceleration does make up for it a bit

F4Us don't accelerate that well.....rgr tracking but the thing dives like a boss and can maneuver at high speed (Spit 16 can't do that)

My list of easy mode planes(top 10) non perked (Just so everyone understands where I'm coming from)
Spit16
LA7
P51
N1K
F4U
Dora
KI84
yak3
109K4
Typh

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: April 08, 2015, 07:24:23 PM »
M2 vs Mk108 your argument there is wrong, if Bustr shows up he will show you that the MK108 has some of the worst qualities in the game(I believe the only weapon with a worse drop in the Hurri 2 Ds 40mm) M2 > MK108 any day...now as far as fighting styles, slashing attacks, saddling opponents...I used to say aircraft has something to do with that but in the end it's all ACM, I can use slashing attacks in a hog and clip different parts(if not shoot down completely first pass because M2s are very lethal) and I can saddle an opponent in a K4 and put a tator in his butt, ACM is all about maneuvering your aircraft in a way to kill an opponent....Why I think planes are easy mode is because they do certain flight characteristics in a certain way which makes ACM easier to do in the MA. (F4U has a fast and maneuverable dive rate so BnZ is VERY EASY to do in it)

Most of your arguments can be said for the same planes you and others call easy mode.. "you can get picked easily by not shooting the guy down quickly enough" That applies to all planes.....

No you don't have to slow down "most of the time" if you are slowing down the problem isn't the plane...it's the pilot. Now are you slowing down because your trading speed for ALT?

Views in both aircraft do make it harder for SA(Did they update the views in the hogs??? I feel like they are better these days") but look at the LA7 compared to a K4, their views are comparable.

109s do not dive well.....rgr tracking(I fly them enough) but it's acceleration does make up for it a bit

F4Us don't accelerate that well.....rgr tracking but the thing dives like a boss and can maneuver at high speed (Spit 16 can't do that)

My list of easy mode planes(top 10) non perked (Just so everyone understands where I'm coming from)
Spit16
LA7
P51
N1K
F4U
Dora
KI84
yak3
109K4
Typh

The 51 and Dora are only easy-mode if you look at them from a survivability standpoint. It still takes quite a decent amount of skill to beat a competent opponent in a more maneuverable aircraft 1v1 in those. Surviving in the MA vs winning 1v1 are two different things.

The Yak-3 isn't really easy-mode by any means. It's a very capable aircraft, but you have to know how to fly it. Most Yaks are simply annoying at best because most players can't fly them. I've yet to see anyone in game who actually flies it well (aside from Kruel).
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

A few moments later...

Offline Nathan60

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: April 08, 2015, 08:28:03 PM »
LOL nath, I was mad drunk bro. I was drinking Grey Goose with pear juice. I had fun tho.
Its all good you were havin fun, errybody has fun in the Pig Pen.
HamHawk
Wing III-- Pigs on The Wing
FSO--JG54
CHUGGA-CHUGGA, CHOO-CHOO
Pigs go wing deep